It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorit pc games of all time ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

The Quest games were my childhood. Though some of them were a tad unreasonable in their difficulty. I believe it was KQ IV where there was a rat you had to help at the VERY beginning of the game. You only get one chance to help him and if you ignore him later in the game (near the end no less) you are stuck in prison and will remain there forever because no rat comes to save you. And that one was just one of them. That says nothing about the minotaur maze and the puzzles that required the game book to complete (god help you if you don't have that book).

I played Grim Fandango a few months back (got it on sale on PSN) and that game, while a LOT of fun, didn't have the same unrelenting difficulty as those original adventure games did. Nothing like playing Space Quest 2, a giant monster bursts though a rock (think Tazmanian Devil from Warner Bros rip-off) and you have like 15 seconds to throw a puzzle at it (rubix cube if I remember correctly). Apparently the monster has ADD or something and is easily distracted because that allows you to move past it to the next room. If you fail to throw this device or throw something else at it, it rip your arms off while the game taunts you for being an idiot. Also YOLO mode was standard. That death meant you started the game over.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not sure if you were aware, but about 3 months ago there was huge Sierra Humble Bundle sale, it had those games, as well many more, with top tier price of 20 bucks.

Sierra Humble Bundle

Tier 1 (Pay anything >= 1 dollar)
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
Police Quest Collection
Shiftlings
Space Quest™ Collection

Tier 2 (Pay above average)
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Quest for Glory 1-5
TimeShift™

Tier 3 (Price: $15.00)
Caesar 3
Caesar™ IV
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
King's Quest™ Collection
Velocity 2X

Tier 4 (Pay $20 or more to also unlock!)
King's Quest: The Complete Collection

All games were on Steam.

ps. Did you try Deponia game yet? Do you have Steam account?
edit on 7-12-2016 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Yeah. I just created a new one recently to play metroidvanias and other 2D platformers, account name: Krazysh0tz, as I had lost access to the email account that I could use to verify my old one. So I walked away from it. No worries though. All I had ever played on that other account was Left 4 Dead 2.

Though I already have the Space Quest and King's Quest collections. Bought them a few years back as stand alone packages/cds. Thanks for the heads up though.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I haven't played a whole lot of PC games, but out of the few I have played, my favorite were Knights Of the Old Republic and Witcher. Oh, and, uh, Baldur's Gate.
edit on 19-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It might be old and not well known but I loved solider of fortune 2, I went by the name of Frank White and would get grumpy if I wasn't in the top 3!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join