It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandma died..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My parents tried to raise me catholic, but somewhere between getting excited to get dressed up for Easter and refusing to step foot in a church for Sunday mass all together something just... happened. It's a lot like how there's this point in your life when your parents put you down and just never pick you up again.

I got to say goodbye to my grandma. She was comfortable, peaceful, surrounded by family who love her and want nothing but happiness and love for her and one another. I feel like that is so rare to witness or experience... She didn't die alone, like I thought happens to everyone. I mean yes, when we die it is just us in our bodies, and our spirit somewhere above, just out of reach of everyone we're leaving behind, but I saw it happen before her body got still.

I sat down, said quiet hello's and made small talk before going up to my grandma's side to talk to her. I always feel uncomfortable when pressure is on me, and all three of her daughters were watching and listening very carefully. I told her who it was talking to her, that I had just arrived after walking and feeding her little dog, and that he was "tumblin tumblin" (what she'd call him rubbing himself all over the grass). Her RR was around 6 when I started talking and jumped to 22. Her daughters noticed and jumped in to speak and try to get a response, but when I sat back down it was, again, down to 2.. 6.. 8.. 2.. etc. Then some more intense conversation was had ( I wont be going into it ) and this time it went from 12 to 0 and then stopped all together. She didn't die at that moment, it was a little while later, but her body reacted to it.

I'm putting this here because today had an impact on my faith.

I don't know what exactly my faith is in, but it changed a little today and I think I might believe in Heaven. I didn't believe in heaven (or really those prayers) before I watched what it did while we were all around her or while I was feeling everything.

Here's why.. A doctor came into the room and I suddenly felt like I could see my grandma's spirit - her actual soul - over her body, but as she would see it: her younger self looking down at her body and all of her loved ones around her. I felt her aura - what came to me as gradient white, yellow and green. I felt the joy of her realizing she'll be in heaven with someone she loves more than the air her body was struggling to breathe. I felt the memories of abuse, pain, horror and love, happiness, growth.. all at once. I felt her accept that her life was at its end. I felt her fade away with him and leave a little bit of her light with each of us. As soon as the doctor left the room it all stopped. My teary eyes were dry, I was back to just feeling uncomfortable and a little sick, also very tired which happens every time I do a psychic reading of any kind. I don't see death and something to cry over, necessarily.. and I never thought heaven was real. But everything I felt when that doctor was in the room told me she faded into Heaven - wherever, whatever that may be - and was the happiest she's ever been.

Other doctors and nurses were in and out of the room over the next few hours. More family arrived and very emotional moments were happening, but I didn't cry. I didn't feel sorrow. I just felt a little tightness in my chest, and it was all peaceful.

I've been around for a few family members dying. I've watched it happen to this one and that one.. I've seen the prayers and even blocked out a memory of going to a funeral for a young girl that died while I was in high school school because it was so intense, but none of that made a dent in my disbelief of heaven. I wasn't extremely close with my grandma.. I was her health care aide for a period of time, she was staying in my families house for a few months.. It wasn't all roses and butterflies at all, but it wasn't horrible either.

Something about everything I felt with my grandma made me feel like she went somewhere. I believe in reincarnation, but what I felt today made me believe there might be a pitstop before the next life that you get to experience, not just float around in and wait to be reborn..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Every part of the world has some beleif system which includes heaven or heavens , all major and minor religions and philosophies . One of the few concepts entirely shared between them all , from Taoist China to native America.

They didn't all consult each other first , must be something in it then . You should keep the experiences you gained , during her loss, which sounds entirely resolved to you . Something good in it too then , and easily accepted .

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We are spirit having a physical experience, not physical bodies having a once-in-awhile spiritual experience.

Much the same thing happened to me when my father died, except that his entire personality jumped into my head exclaiming 'Wheee, this is FUN!'

He was still in there kinda bouncing around gleefully, when my brother called saying dad had died moments before, 20 miles away in hospital. He'd been in a coma after a stroke for 10 days.

Your grandma is fine and she gave you one helluva going away present. As far as I can figure it, if you're on the 'right frequency' much like a radio receiver, you're able to hear, feel and see the other side, at least for a while.

You've had proof (not belief) of the afterlife. And there's far more going on in the in-between times then there is during the physical times.

Congratulations - you've solved one of life's greatest mysteries.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It sounds like you had a wonderful, peaceful experience. I always believed in Heaven. Never doubted it at all. Until this summer. My dog, and Angel in a dog suit, died on june13. My mom passed away on July 22. Now the belief I had in Heaven just isn't enough. Neither death was peaceful or calm. It's twisted me a little. I want something beyond my belief, even though I know I won't get it. I'm glad you wrote this. It gives me more hope.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

Here's some Forget Me Not flowers. They bloom from May through October, September's flower.

I felt her fade away with him and leave a little bit of her light with each of us.

Their seeds are in small pods along the stem to the flower. When brushed against, the pods attach to clothing and eventually fall off, leaving the seed within the pod to germinate elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What a beautiful and inspiring story! RIP Grandma!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

My thoughts go out to you and your family, may she rest in peace.

Something about everything I felt with my grandma made me feel like she went somewhere. I believe in reincarnation, but what I felt today made me believe there might be a pitstop before the next life that you get to experience, not just float around in and wait to be reborn..

Very interesting statement, I as a muslim believe you are right, we believe in something called 'Barzakh'.

Barzakh (Arabic: برزخ) is an Arabic word meaning "obstacle", "hindrance", "separation",[1] or "barrier".[2] In Islamic eschatology, although largely up to interpretation, al-Barzakh is generally viewed as the barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds, in which the soul awaits after death and before resurrection on Qiyamah (Judgement Day).

Barzakh is mentioned only three times in the Qur'an, and just once specifically as the barrier between the corporeal and ethereal, as a place in which, after death, the spirit is separate from the body, freed to contemplate the wrongdoings of its former life. Despite the gain of recognizance, it cannot utilize action.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
It sounds like you had a wonderful, peaceful experience. I always believed in Heaven. Never doubted it at all. Until this summer. My dog, and Angel in a dog suit, died on june13. My mom passed away on July 22. Now the belief I had in Heaven just isn't enough. Neither death was peaceful or calm. It's twisted me a little. I want something beyond my belief, even though I know I won't get it. I'm glad you wrote this. It gives me more hope.

Just know that your precious Mom and dog are at peace now. None of us can claim to have all the answers to life and why it is the way it is. Perhaps we will be able to comprehend more in the after life. October will make a year since my own Mother died. I miss her terribly, but she lived a long happy life and is with my Father now.

We are far more than just a physical body and I believe that our spirits live on.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You get a crown of life.

How noble and brave of you to sit in on the actual hour of death. So many can't handle it, they leave the dying part to others. You got to witness it and were strengthened by it.

She didn't die at that moment, it was a little while later, but her body reacted to it.

After the life functions cease theres a few minutes before the soul wrenches free. You probably saw that moment. Only really observant people get to understand that part, most dismiss or misinterpret it.

imo

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, o interest, So sad. My neighbor passed a couple weeks ago. She was grandma to someone, died in the hospital.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss. When my abuela died, I was heart-broken. Still am. But I know that she's in Heaven.
Sometimes, I see her in dreams, and she's with my abuelo--who I have never met besides in pictures--so that makes me happy. My other grandparents are all dead as well. I was grandparent-less at the age of 16 when my grandmother died. I wasn't there when it happened--but my mother and her sister were. My grandmother didn't want me to see her like that. But I spoke to her the night she died, earlier in the evening (she passed around 2 am, I think). I think that angels are around all of the time--who knows what is allowed before one passes on?

When my cat died, I saw her appear exactly as she always looked with my eyes closed--I was in my bedroom laying down. She was downstairs. She died in the exact spot in the basement that I saw her on my bed upstairs (eyes closed of course). I got scared, but then felt like LOOK (I think it was an angel)--so I did. And my cat blinked lovingly at me and then I told her it was okay to go--that I would see her again, someday. And I watched her apparition walk--hesitantly at first, but then she became more sure-footed--toward what looked like a door of light. I must have fallen asleep after this. When I woke up about a half hour later, the sun was out (it had been dark and super rainy all day prior to this). That was when we found her. Her eyes were open--looking like she'd seen something before she died. She died out in the open, not hidden.

To note, I blessed her before she died. I said the Our Father with her and blessed her in the name of Jesus. And I sang with her, as well.

My mother, who grew up Catholic, is torn about whether or not animals go to Heaven. But I know what I experienced, and I know what I feel in my heart. Plus, God knows me. And that's what matters.

God knows you and your grandmother. Don't worry
Everything works out perfectly--right on through the end of this life.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nice story and sorry to hear, it's always sad when someone in the family passes on,, seems like you had a very calming spiritual experience.

I felt a jolt of calm energy when i was in the hospital when my auntie died, was intense.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss.

top topics

join