It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake just woke up Kansas City

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It means that all the data has to be reviewed.... location ,depth and magnitude pinned down. Kind of like the "preliminary " report is the best estimate at the moment til all the data is in.

I felt it here in Arkansa too... freaked my dogs out, and the "seasick" feeling wasn`t good.

Had some hanging plants swinging too.

I`m gonna boot up GEE and keep an eye on things .... all of the dogs in the neighborhood were barking last night (all freaking night!) and I couldn`t figure out why. Maybe this was the "why".

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

edit on 932016 by JDeLattre89 because: Misquote

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There are many places in the continental US that are under threat of earthquakes and not even realizing it. In fact it may be worse if you are in an area not expecting them, because if they do hit then people are not as prepared.

Strange Sounds

Here we have a decent map of areas in the US with a threat of seismic activity. It seems that Minnesota and North Dakota may be the safest in these regards.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So! The Nevada earthquake and the Pawnee 5.6 happened right about the same time? And since last night (09/03/2016) there have been 3 earthquakes in Pawnee? I'm getting my information from Google and earthquaketrack.com...

ETA: up to 4 earthquakes in Pawnee since last night.
edit on 3-9-2016 by 4003fireglo because: added additional Pawnee EQ

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I live in the KC area and am a little disappointed that I had no idea! I'm usually a light sleeper!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo
7 according to USGS

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Forgot to mention: We live in Plano, TX (Dallas) and didn't feel it, but the indoor wind chime started chiming. I thought it could have been one of two things: ghost or earthquake. Turns out we're not haunted.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Looks like it was felt in a wide area. Here's a 'testimony' map of reports

twitter link

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Epicenter, Oklahoma? Has anyone used the "F" word yet?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Hope it is not a precursor for the 'big one' along the New Madrid.

Wouldn't want to redraw any maps.

Stay safe people.

Awesome. If this comes true, the wreckage of my house will now be located on beachfront property.

Seriously, because of the limestone content in the Midwest, if the New Madrid goes, a good portion of the U.S. is going to definitely feel it.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
hope it destroyed arrowhead, most annoying stadium in the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It woke us up?

Sure we felt it, but it wasn't that strong. Sort of felt like when the fat cat gets under the bed and tries to groom.

None of the cats reacted like anything weird was going on at all. Out of the three, you'd think at least one would have freaked.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Epicenter, Oklahoma? Has anyone used the "F" word yet?

No, but I will. There are earthquakes in Oklahoma almost daily. Usually in the 2.0 range, though. It is from fracking. I liked this tweet.

Twitter

Clifton Adcock @cliftonhowze
This morning wake up call brought to by Oklahoma's oil and natural gas industry.
5:24 AM - 3 Sep 2016
61 61 Retweets 75 75 likes

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Epic center was Pawnee OK. I am in Tulsa. I was texting my daughter when the quake started at 0701. it lasted 3 minutes

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah and thanks to the hydraulic fracturing New Madrid doesn't have to worry.... Oklahoma will take it

And speaking of the New Madrid... This earthquake is not on the New Madrid fault line

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'm here in Denton, about 30 miles north of Dallas
and felt a bit of movement this morning but nothing to really speak of. I thought it odd and early for big construction vehicles to be moving around on a Saturday. First earthquake I have ever felt!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join