It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rotating island in Argentina called "The Eye" - Entrance,UFO,natural ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
THE EYE
There is a very strange island in the northeastern edge of Argentina
it appears to be moving.. it can be seen with the help of google earth and changing the time.
Try it out. and please report back and tell me if this is some kind of entrance to the nine hells or somehing else

the coordinates are follows: 34°15'07.8'S 58°49'47.4'W

Facts: -'The Eye' can be found using the coordinates: 34°15'07.8'S 58°49'47.4'W
-Island is shaped like a perfect circle and is said to rotate on its own axis
-Some alien hunters believe it is the top of an underwater alien base
-Film crew and experts raising funds to study the island and shoot a movie

The Eye is a circle of land surrounded by a thin channel of water with a diameter of 130 yards.'

Now, a team of researchers and filmmakers have opened a Kickstarter campaign to help fund their investigation of these bizarre claims, with the hopes of uncovering the mystery of this remote island once and for all.

More:
www.chinatopix.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... rre-rotating-island-launched.html
edit on 3-9-2016 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am glad you posted this... I read and watched the video yesterday but was to lazy to post at ATS. Besides you did a better job with the Thread than I would have been able to do ! The Island and its' rotation really is weird ...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is interesting.

S&F and tagging to follow.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Seems odd, but do have to say if aliens are that advanced I'm sure they could have built a more discrete entrance to their 'base'

Also in the images from above it looks raised with a shadow.. Maybe that is just a matter of perspective I'm not sure but certainly a strange anomaly to investigate..

Thanks for posting I'll look into this a bit more.

edit on 3/9/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
I am sure these guys will make a few $$$ off of their little adventure.

However, while being rare, rotating Islands are a natural occurrence.

It is fairly obvious what is happening (no, it’s not an alien base as some have suggested). When you have a floating island and a water current that flows along one side of it, it will naturally rotate and become circular over time, as well as carving out a circular hole. The phenomenon is quite rare, because the conditions must be just right. Floating islands of plants are themselves quite rare, but in addition, it requires a current, though a fairly slow moving one. There is a special type of floating island that is very common and that is ice. The phenomenon does occur with ice, as you can see in the YouTube videos below:

Google Earth Blog: 'The eye', a rotating island in Argentina

edit on 9/3/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ooooh, a rotating island. That sounds so peaceful. I'd like to build a little house on the island. Imagine waking up with your house facing a different direction every morning.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I have visited that are plenty of times, many years ago (I lived in Argentina for a few years when I was a teenager). That whole area is full of swamps and it’s very common to see little islands made of floating vegetation (two I remember are water hyacinth and paspalum).

In that area, Paraná delta, is also common to find small islands made of river sediments and sand. Notice how the island only moves on one direction, following the current of the river. The island is also not a perfect circle, far from it.

I think those Argentine guys only want to get cash donations. lol

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Greetings-

You might find more info under a search of "floating tussocks" Here is a link I found and in it the first place listed is Argentina..

plants.ifas.ufl.edu...

Au Naturel
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just a run of the mill floating island ( BUT NEAT )
that my two cent

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Reminds me of the revolving ice circles phenomena ....youtu.be...

I gather similar forces cause it to revolve but how they become detached or form... I'm not sure. The tussocks link above will shed more light on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

new topics

top topics

join