It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's visit to a Detroit African American Church Saturday 3rd September

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No. I'm not arguing with you. Wasted energy. If you don't know about the Kaepernick incident research it. It was big this week.

Yes the professional football player who didn't stand for the national anthem citing oppression. I'm just curious what that has to do with Trump and pandering to minority voters.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Is Trump gratifying or indulging the black community?

I guess what really matters is if they benefit from it or not?

If hey benefit then is it really pandering and does it make a difference?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I was going to reply that he is just pandering.

But he is pandering at Hillary's base.

This should worry democrats. So expect to be attacked quite a lot in this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No. I'm not arguing with you. Wasted energy. If you don't know about the Kaepernick incident research it. It was big this week.

Yes the professional football player who didn't stand for the national anthem citing oppression. I'm just curious what that has to do with Trump and pandering to minority voters.

And in response Trump's reply to that oppression:

“I think it’s personally not a good thing, I think it’s a terrible thing. And, you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him. Let him try, it won’t happen.”

Shows about how much he considers Black people. Then this outreached hand? It's BS.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Shows about how much he considers Black people. Then this outreached hand? It's BS.

Kaepernick is half-white. Either way, it would be considered pandering if he would have started agreeing with Kaepernick and bent to his demands for sake of impressing black voters.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

OK, screw pandering. How about blatant hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: intrepid

As for the risk in Detroit, I think it is very real. BLM supporters on social media have already talked about killing him...

I would like to see some proof of that.

www.mrconservative.com...

Follow the conversation on the named Twitter users timeline if you can stand being there.

A conservative blog? I want to see it from the horses mouth. Not from the horses ass.

The information is in that article to lead you the actual Twitter user.

The actual tweet in question does not threaten Trump.

That's an interesting perspective.

So she says:

"Why hasn't anyone killed Donald Trump yet?"

then later replies to another poster who says 'El Chapo is on it" with

"yeah but he needs to hurry up with that #"

Whatever - my point was that Trump's life has been threatened (his family too) on social media, which is absolutely true. I can link a video for you if you like of a guy waving a gun around as he makes his threats of murder.

Or what about this one from a protester at one of Trump's rallies:

"All you Worcester gangsters and what not. You clearly have a mission on Wednesday. Kill Donald Trump"

I could go on with others, but I guess I'll just let my point stand as the truth - Trump has been threatened with murder on social media by supporters of BLM.

edit on 2/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You can list off whatever words you want, but if you can't explain why that is the case, I'm not going to waste breath.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You can list off whatever words you want, but if you can't explain why that is the case, I'm not going to waste breath.

Why not? You waste everyone elses with semantic BS. Besides my point was made. See it or not. I waste no more energy on you.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Why not? You waste everyone elses with semantic BS. Besides my point was made. See it or not. I waste no more energy on you.

You made an assertion without example or evidence. I'll do the same and say you're wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Its hard to understand your point when you really didn't make a case for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
'G's can bust some caps at a playa'

B-Rad is that you?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm really getting confused...

For a few months now I have been hearing how Trump is doing so terribly in the polls because he's a 'racist.' I hear complaints because he's speaking in white areas. I hear he shouldn't be elected because he refuses to reach out to black communities.

Well, let's take a look at who's backing who.

Mr. Quigg, the leader of the Klan’s California chapter, announced last month that he had abandoned supporting Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump in lieu of backing his likely Democratic opponent. The Klansman claims that members have raised more than $20,000 for Mrs. Clinton and have donated it anonymously to her campaign.

“She is friends with the Klan,” Mr. Quigg told Vocativ. “A lot of people don’t realize that.”
Source: www.washingtontimes.com...

Now we all know David Duke's has endorsed Trump. And we all know that Trump was lambasted for not 'disavowing' that support. But wait...

So there we have him obviously disavowing David Duke... twice! So far as I know, Hillary has not personally disavowed Will Quigg, although to be fair, her campaign did issue such a statement.

So maybe it's his hiring practices? He is a major employer, so surely such a racist would discriminate in his hiring, right? Right?

Wrong, at least according to Lynne Patton.

OK, now that we have the preliminaries out of the way, we can get back to the topic.

Trump has been lambasted for not reaching out to blacks. His last several rallies, however, have included messages specifically tailored to black and minority inner-city residents. Not good enough, some say, because he was in a white area. Why not give that message in poor minority areas, they say. It's just show, they say.

Now he has a rally planned for a black church in Detroit, one of the poorest, most crime-ridden cities in the US thanks to our previous politicians (including President Obama). And now I hear, "He's just pandering."

Some folks need to get their heads screwed on straight. The man is doing exactly what they said he needed to do.

I don't know if Trump is a good choice or not. I posted this in another thread, and I'll say it here again: My agenda is simple. I want prosperity, justice, and peace. I'd vote for a plate of lasagna if I thought it would help accomplish that. But what will not accomplish my agenda, what is setting it back, is the sheer ultra-transparent hypocrisy of those whos only apparent agenda is to get Hillary into the White House, by whatever means necessary.

I saw someone post recently that Hillary could eat a live puppy on national TV and her supporters would applaud her for it. Ain't it the truth!

Donald Trump has disavowed the KKK. He has not discriminated in hiring practices, even though there was no political gain at the time for him. If he's a 'racist' it is only because the only requirement for being such is the color of his skin. He's reached out to blacks in his rallies; now he's holding rallies in the poor black areas.

And people are already saying he's not sincere without even hearing him. *sigh*

Until Hillary makes a personal statement disavowing Will Quigg, explains her close relationship with Robert Byrd (a known avid Democratic KKK supporter), and shows up in a similar church in a similar area, I will continue my belief that she is the racist in this contest. I believe others are seeing the same thing.

I hope they are anyway. I hope the people aren't that blind.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: Darkmadness

It wouldn't be ironic. It would be Karmic.

He's not the one who hasn't managed to lift the Black Inner Cities out of poverty? He's not the one who destroyed the Black Family unit? He's not the spouse of the person responsible for the largest incarceration of Black Male Super predators. ......

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
For 50, 60, 70 years, democrats have run the cities where there are large populations of minorities.

For 50, 60, 70 years. . . things have gotten worse.

This year, once again, democrats promise again to make things better in the inner cities. They make the same promises every election cycle, and after every election cycle, things get worse. The democrats lie, they break promises, they make promises that they never intend on keeping.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For 50, 60, 70 years, democrats have run the cities where there are large populations of minorities.

This year, once again, democrats promise again to make things better in the inner cities. They make the same promises every election cycle, and after every election cycle, things get worse. The democrats lie, they break promises, they make promises that they never intend on keeping.

But's it's obviously the Republicans fault

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Depends. Since WW2 the years in power are pretty even. In the last 50 years it's been 30 years Rep to 20 Dem.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Great post - maybe Trump should bring this with him to Detroit:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Depends. Since WW2 the years in power are pretty even. In the last 50 years it's been 30 years Rep to 20 Dem.

Democratic 'Strong Mayors' have run those cities for 50 years.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Democratic 'Strong Mayors' have run those cities for 50 years.

So? Not what you were taking about here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join