It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell and Hillary Clinton....I lost all respect for Colin Powell.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Aazadan

It seems you have slipped down the slippery slope, to the bottom.

If you are willing to accept without complaint the government operating outside the law, then you happily accept lawlessness in government.

Now I understand that you and I can do nothing at all about lawless government, but at least I can bitch and complain about it instead of accepting it without complaint.

It is true that we have the government we deserve, government that violates its constitutional boundaries as it pleases. Voting is an illusion and an exercise in futility.

No, not all the way to the bottom. I'm more of a pragmatist than an idealist though. The ideal is that we find when people in government break the law, and we punish them. Reality isn't quite that simple though. Governments and officials in government need the ability to operate off the record from time to time.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I have lost all respect for Colin Powell. Prior to reading this FBI report, I thought he would make a great President. After today, I wouldn't vote for him to be a dogcatcher.

his advice over a blackberry phone makes him ineligible for president?
not the claims of weapons of mass destruction in iraq, or invading afghanistan for bin laden who it turned out was at home in pakistan?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

The only criteria to become the US President is being 35 + years old and born in the US.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The phrase was no more appropriate when Cicero wrote it than it is today.

Not really. That phrase had to do with government officials using their own bands of vigilantee's to enforce the laws. What I am referring to is that high level government business often times needs to be conducted unofficially which in turn means it's off the record. Every important government official needs ways to do this, and it's why Hillary being careless with classified information is different from some low level guy taking pictures of the submarine he was working in.

I have yet to read any explanation here that explains why what Hillary did was wrong, other than quoting the procedures for handling classified information. Those procedures don't apply to people in her position (unofficially).

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Seriously? They all had a chance with smaller bases.

WTF kind of logic is that?

1 on 1's are more difficult than 16 vs 16 free for all's. You get to introduce team dynamics, and the barrier to entry in order to stay relevant is much lower. This second part is what won it for Trump. A few outrageous statements and the news covered it, then it covered everyones response to what he said. It allowed him to dominate the news cycle. Furthermore, it meant that if he could pull in just a slice of the Republicans (the "government should be a business" people, the bigots, the racists, and the anti PC crowds) he would win without ever having to win over anyone based on policy.

Now with hillary and bernie, what do you have?

You have an old guy whose popular with the young crowds that don't vote, and with the liberals. On the other hand you have a center right woman with deep pockets, deep connections, and the appeal of box checking.... but most importantly, a support base that actually votes.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
All I can say is, I am gobsmacked by this kind of cavalier attitude.

By what attitude?

I give people one shot with major accusations before I cease to listen to them. Hillary has had accusation after accusation thrown at her for 20 years. Put up or shut up in my opinion... it carries no weight and is easily explained away.

I have the same opinion towards non politicians too. Hannity for example called 2008 the most consequential election of our times. It wasn't, he lied. Therefore I won't listen to him on anything having to do with the importance of voting for Trump.

Plus, as I said before... the government needs a certain degree of ability to act unofficially because voters aren't educated enough to understand the issues (both on the subjects, and because relevant information might be classified and not even available to them).

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

We do know.

Just like we know Clinton sent and received classified material via unsecured email.

NO, you don't know.

You're accepting what you want. Closing a blind eye to anything else.

Oh. My. God. You seriously typed this out, while supporting Hillary!?' Pot, meet irony.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Annee

We do know.

Just like we know Clinton sent and received classified material via unsecured email.

NO, you don't know.

You're accepting what you want. Closing a blind eye to anything else.

Oh. My. God. You seriously typed this out, while supporting Hillary!?' Pot, meet irony.

OMG -- you seriously think something else?

edit on 5-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

That Hillary Clinton is a liar and broke the law and has done nothing but blamed anyone and everyone else. It's telling that the FBI director refuted all the lies Clinton made over this mess only to see Clinton make the rounds trying to say the FBI said she was truthful (and she was not).

When it comes to "only seeing what you want" Hillary is at the very top followed closely by her supporters.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That Hillary Clinton is a liar and broke the law and has done nothing but blamed anyone and everyone else. It's telling that the FBI director refuted all the lies Clinton made over this mess only to see Clinton make the rounds trying to say the FBI said she was truthful (and she was not).

When it comes to "only seeing what you want" Hillary is at the very top followed closely by her supporters.

I agree with Aazadan:

Plus, as I said before... the government needs a certain degree of ability to act unofficially because voters aren't educated enough to understand the issues (both on the subjects, and because relevant information might be classified and not even available to them).

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Powell and Hillary are just two that got caught. Even then they are still not behind bars. That says a lot. They have dirt on everyone else that are doing the same things. That in itself shows the corruption that has taken over the highest levels of government. For that reason the entire cabal cannot be trusted. They create the problems and offer the solutions. Expect us to comply to losing our freedoms and privacy. Being rubber gloved every airport. Every communication tapped, logged and stored. They tell us it is to help prevent things like what happen on 9/11. They claim they are not looking through all the data. So If you you're not sifting through that data then you're not preventing anything. In fact it does more harm. Think of how much power that gives them. They claim to adhere to the constitution, but trample on it at every step. Have secret courts. Try to dismantle the 2nd amendment. Of course they want to disarm all the people they have turned all into into slaves. We're becoming the threat. They know how to fix the economy they just don't want to do it. They complain about US citizens on food stamps. Let millions struggle without jobs, without homes, but we can drop 400 million cash to save 4 people. Keep spilling out money into the UN and foreign aid. You can't aid other countries when your own are bleeding to death! I hope all you government officials have an exit plan when the SHTF. I really do. It's only a matter of time. Maybe that's what they want. You can't pay back 20 trillion. How do you fix a 20 trillion dollar debt? Nothing makes sense anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

She did no such thing. An investigation under one of the most respected law enforcement officers in Washington determined that she did not try to hide anything.

Who does it serve to try advancing lies?

No one.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

She did no such thing. An investigation under one of the most respected law enforcement officers in Washington determined that she did not try to hide anything.

No one.

And who used Bleachbit and whose orders was it based on?

Some say Hitler was a great man too if you ignore all the Nazi BS.
edit on R412016-09-06T09:41:13-05:00k419Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R412016-09-06T09:41:39-05:00k419Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Women, minorities, college educated , millennials ummm basically everybody else.

That's why every indicator says she's going to win the election.
edit on 962016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The bleachbit is a lie spread by Trey Gowdy . The FBI retrieved many pieces of data from the servers.

Oh and bleachbit...is a free online computer cleaning tool that frees up storage space.

It's not some high tech programme to obliterate data like some gop morons believe and are convincing others it's something too.

www.bleachbit.org...

Too funny. No one looks into anything anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No one.

LOL the FBI and other government reports prove it.

Can't hide from the Sun.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

LOL

The FBI released documents on Friday from its investigation into whether former secretary of state Hillary Clinton improperly stored or transmitted classified e-mail. Included were notes from interviews with employees of Platte River Networks, the Denver firm the Clinton family hired to host their personal e-mail server four months after she left office.

According to the FBI documents, in December 2014, former chief of staff Cheryl Mills told a Platte River employee that Clinton no longer needed access to e-mails older than 60 days. She also instructed the person modify the e-mail retention policy on Clinton’s server to reflect this change. An unknown Clinton staff member said “sh/e did not want the .PST file after the export and wanted it removed from the PRN server.” But the Platte River employee didn’t delete the files or make the retention-policy change until four months later.

the sad story

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The bleachbit is a lie spread by Trey Gowdy . The FBI retrieved many pieces of data from the servers.

Oh and bleachbit...is a free online computer cleaning tool that frees up storage space.

It's not some high tech programme to obliterate data like some gop morons believe and are convincing others it's something too.

www.bleachbit.org...

Too funny. No one looks into anything anymore.

I know exactly what Bleachbit is.

I know you are full of BS when you say Trey Gowdy made up a lie and is spreading it.

I know it is in the FBI report, because unlike you, I read every single word of it.

So answer the question...

Who ran the Bleachbit program and whose orders was it ran on?
edit on R572016-09-06T09:57:05-05:00k579Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You should probably read the FBI interview notes that were released -

Speaking to the FBI on May 3, 2016, “[redacted] indicated he believed he had an ‘oh #’ moment and sometime between March 25-31, 2015 deleted the Clinton archive mailbox from the PRN server and used BleachBit to delete the exported .PST files he had created on the server system containing Clinton’s e-mails.”

Read more: www.politico.com...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

FBI Clinton interview documents

Click image below for larger image

edit on 6-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Sept 7, 2016

Rep. Elijah "bulldog" Cummings threw his soul-brother, Colin Powell, under the bus.
Source: www.msn.com...
What a shame. But not surprising.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join