It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Planting Radical Fake Conservative News Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This seemed important to share as election nears and efforts by both parties and supporters ramp up. The title states Democrats but within the authors text it also implies republicans are partaking in the spread of exaggerated rumors as well. I think we may be inundated by these fake stories from both sides. I know I have fallen for fake news and posted too quickly without additional research. Very humbling experience.

By posting these ostentatious stories, the sites attract many page views, which allows them to make money from advertisers. Even more nefarious, some are run by Democrats in order to make conservatives look like radical extremists. The strategy, an insider told me, is to fool so many conservatives into spreading a ridiculous, fake article that finally a prominent elected official falls for it. Then the left pounces on the official and makes them look foolish and/or an extremist.ext

townhall

Below is another story by this author on a site where she is an editor. There is also a list of sites believed to be fake as well as several positive stories about Trump believed to be fake.

stream

If you click the little 'hoax' button at the first link it will take you to a page devoted to stories about hoax's and actual hoax's

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Of course they plant fake stories !!!

Not only the obvious ones, but many are actually considered credible.

The MSM has dozens every day.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Gee. Breaking news.

There are a slew of sites posting pseudo-satirical news stories that can wind up making Democrats, Republicans or anyone else look ridiculous when they get suckered.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
But seriously: Most of these sites are just spreading click-bait on social media.

There are dozens and dozens of them and no doubt some have a political agenda but for that Townhall article in the OP to single out just the Democrats is a little ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense typical coming out of the conservative camp. They're always the victims. They're always making up wild conspiracies based on only Internet video and their feelings.

I rule this is all BS.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It is the stated goal from these particular sites that is nefarious. I don't think anyone here want's to spread something that may get our candidate in trouble, regardless of the office.

From op

The strategy, an insider told me, is to fool so many conservatives into spreading a ridiculous, fake article that finally a prominent elected official falls for it. Then the left pounces on the official and makes them look foolish and/or an extremist.

There have been several posts lately that seem more than questionable and honestly, I am usually slow to see.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
private eye is satirical not fake, this is just more stupid right wing idiots trying to spread the blame, again.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh yeah that's it. All the crazy things republicans say, it's not them it's the democrats planting it in their minds. The democrats have even taken so much control that they can make Donald Trumps lips move as the lies , THE DEMOCRATS ARE MAKING HIM SAY, come out. Lol

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

It is the stated goal from these particular sites that is nefarious....

From op

The strategy, an insider told me, is to fool so many conservatives into spreading a ridiculous, fake article that finally a prominent elected official falls for it. Then the left pounces on the official and makes them look foolish and/or an extremist.

Yeah, an unnamed "insider" told Rachel Alexander (whoever that it) that the strategy is spreading "ridiculous, fake" articles.

Rachel Alexander's previous column: "Clinton Body Count or Left-Wing Conspiracy? Three With Ties to DNC Mysteriously Die."

Can't make this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

This is a documented route for planting stories that are less thn credible and has been used before.

You have a story that is either completely made up or only has the thinnest of evidence, so you feed it to the lowest tier sources of either side. Your hope is that it gets sporead around the bottom feeders enough that eventually the second tier and higher blogosphere picks it up. By the time, it hits the upper levels, it has been passed around enough that the original source cannot be easily traced, assuming it can be sourced at all, and all the higher media sources are mostly crediting each other assuming that someone in the chain has done due diligence.

In this case, someone who knows how this works is hoping to keep the original on tap so as to create a trap with it, Instead of a gatcha question, you have a gotcha blog posting,. Insidious if it's true and more reason than ever for staff to hire on credible fact checkers and researchers and proofers which have largely been ditched over the years.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: damwel

This is a documented route for planting stories that are less thn credible and has been used before.

You have a story that is either completely made up or only has the thinnest of evidence, so you feed it to the lowest tier sources of either side. Your hope is that it gets sporead around the bottom feeders enough that eventually the second tier and higher blogosphere picks it up. By the time, it hits the upper levels, it has been passed around enough that the original source cannot be easily traced, assuming it can be sourced at all, and all the higher media sources are mostly crediting each other assuming that someone in the chain has done due diligence.

In this case, someone who knows how this works is hoping to keep the original on tap so as to create a trap with it, Instead of a gatcha question, you have a gotcha blog posting,. Insidious if it's true and more reason than ever for staff to hire on credible fact checkers and researchers and proofers which have largely been ditched over the years.

Sounds about right. Except that by the time the story has been passed around enough to get to the upper levels no amount of "gotchas" will undo the narrative.

Look at reality. Look at all the crazy stories that have been circulated for years and years despite being repeatedly debunked that are now considered verified fact by huge constituencies; even repeated by major party leaders and presidential candidates.

Do you really think they were started by the other side in order to create "gotcha blog postings?"

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you want something fake you might want to look a little harder. Questioning body count or just conspiracy? Sounds prudent. And did no one connected to DNC die?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

If you want something fake you might want to look a little harder. Questioning body count or just conspiracy? Sounds prudent. And did no one connected to DNC die?

Yeah, you're right. That's EXACTLY how that Clinton Mafia works. Sneaking into people's house's and dropping bar bells on their throats. And then having the U.N. claim it was a heart attack.

What would make someone think that was a ridiculous allegation?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Democrats are so good, they make breitbart and trump say dumb stuff all day long.

Even satire websites become news for the right.
edit on 2-9-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Democrats are so good, they make breitbart and trump say dumb stuff all day long.

Especially when the stories are confirmed by official FBI reports on government websites.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Especially when the stories are confirmed by official FBI reports on government websites.

How many threads do you post daily that end up being fake outrage, I'll go with 100% of the time, it's cute how you try to pass fake news as truth, but no worries you have a lot of friends on ats to star and flag ya.

So when is Hillary going to be arrested, any day now right?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yes and no.

Given the sympathy the media already has for certain candidates, this would be easy enough to pull off.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: liveandlearn

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense typical coming out of the conservative camp. They're always the victims. They're always making up wild conspiracies based on only Internet video and their feelings.

I rule this is all BS.
BS, huh? Funny, if someone told me that either party did not do things like this, then I would call BS. It's power 101, man.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So that is what the Trump camp is doing. Standard SOP for them. Do something then blame the opponent for doing it. And yes, I differentiate between the Trump camp and Republicans.

new topics

top topics

join