It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's reminisce about ATS classics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For anyone else tired of the political cesspool that ATS has become, let's rehash some classic threads. Here are a few of my favorites.

-The Japanese Earthquake thread

What started as an oh my God/update thread until someone posted a link about a dream/prediction someone had nearly a year prior of the quake and tsunami. I believe to this day it is the only accurate prediction made here. Then the up to the minute info when Fukushima plant went critical. I was on that thread for about 18 hours that first day.

-The original face eater thread

Someone had compiled links and offered legitimate research of other cannibal instances in that same year trying to tie it into something more than an isolated drug incident. The bioengineered rabies virus. It was a chilling theory that was debated for well over a month.

-The capture of the Boston Bombers thread

This was a thread I was personally involved in. Other users and I were posting up to the minute info from scanner reports and broke the story about the chase before MSM. I have never felt closer to you guys/gals and appreciated being part of something bigger than myself.

Sorry to not post direct links of mentioned threads. Difficult from my ancient cellphone. What are some of your favorites?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ffrealmsrider

I like all the Zika Map threads, they're awesome.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

For anyone else tired of the political cesspool that ATS has become, let's rehash some classic threads. Here are a few of my favorites.

Sorry OP, completely misread. My apologies.
edit on 2-9-2016 by slapjacks because: tired as hell

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I have been a lurker since 2004 I think.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Being that you haven't even been here a year yet, this usually happens I think like hmmm every 4 years usually.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I remember the same fervor for avian bird flu as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Woah haha my bad, I misread that. Sorry OP!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It took that long before I felt I had something to add to the conversation. ☺

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ffrealmsrider
I remember the same fervor for avian bird flu as well.

Good point. I forgot about that but I do remember Ebola-steria.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes! Numerous threads about it reaching the U.S. and being deployed as a bio weapon by the government. Fun times.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is the thread that kept me lurking for a couple of years before I signed up;
What's going on at Yellowstone?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It's a thread that has lasted for years. Also, when/if Yellowstone finally goes it will be the most prevalant.There is a similar one for Wyoming as well. Considering the tremors and ground caves that have been forming recently.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well stated...and floating around in the ATS cess pool are fat feces aka as McDonal and HRC...ATS needs to get back to the fun stuff...UFOs, USOs, 911...things that bring the best out of us.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think the first thread I really loved was

"all roads lead to Rome"

Good stuff .

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ive only been around since 2013, but I have dug through the archives.

I enjoyed reading the big Stargate thread..

Also a few threads about the Mysterious and bottomless Lake Baikal, which the great Putin himself has toured in a submarine...

I have to confess I also enjoyed the ISON threads...those prompted me to join ATS..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

One of the most thought out topics I've ever seen here. The parallels are accurate.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Where are the waves of "shadow people" or "slender man" type threads?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Gaza / Israeli threads, the Syrian update thread, the Ukraine and airline shoot down threads, Ebola.

The whole disappeared first Japanese Earthquake thread.

Along with others, I put untold hours of work into that for posterity.

Its friggin gone.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Boston bombing thread was just absolutely unbelievable.

Real-time updates confirmed by several sources, and finding the suspects before fbi released any information. Outstanding.

I make a point to mention is to anyone who happens to strike up a conversation with me that leads to ATS. It was such an incredible point in ATS history, everyone working together, and with results that blew everyone's minds away. Outstanding!

There are a lot of topics archived on ATS history that were monumental.

I'm just waiting for 6 more months when the election is over, heads have cooled to some degree, and we can focus yet again on something other than politics for 90% of the hot topics

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I'm just waiting for 6 more months when the election is over, heads have cooled to some degree, and we can focus yet again on something other than politics for 90% of the hot topics

A quick count reveals theres only three election threads in the last twelve hours. WTH, Yaay...

Everyone has been sufficiently bored to death, just like the controllers want it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join