It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese J-20 spotted at Daocheng Yading Airport (Tibet)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is a very short post here.

A J-20 was spotted at the world's highest civvie airport. That is altitude wise. This is in Tibet.

I have to wonder as to why other than perhaps some testing at operations in the very high altitude air strip.

Even so, its...odd. Unless its being used for something along the Indian border?

alert5.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Help ya out🤗

S&F

edit on 2-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Having issues finding Civvie Airport. Could someone please give coordinates?
edit on 2-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

en.wikipedia.org...

It is relatively new, so you'll probably won't find it on google maps and co.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Thanks👍

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: moebius

Thanks👍
Wouldn't you know it, i have it save/star on google maps. 😆

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Could be just some endurance testing, stretching it's legs a bit, and to see how it performs landing in the thin air. They might also leave it up there over the winter to do real conditions cold weather testing a lot like the MRJ is coming to the US to do.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I would think this may have more to with a Refueling problem, or malfunction. Why else?? If it was testing, why not fly home afterwards. I get that there are numereous tests. I dont know, just seems kind of weird. China has made some very war like comments to the tibet people, including the Dali Lama

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Endurance or cold weather testing. Both require staying at a remote area unless you have a special hangar you can freeze the aircraft in.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Being high altitude it would be operations testing in low oxygen environment.Takeoff weights etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Whats the tarp/blanket for?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Breaks up the outline. It hides fine detail, like sensor location, or how they used shaping in specific areas from overhead observation.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok, thanks. I was thinking it was for hiding the craft somehow, but I thought, anyone is gonna know its obviously a fighter jet with such an inadequate covering. But that makes a little more sense that it covers up the details, so whoever looking wont know exactly what its capable of, or where certain equipment is located. If you know where a sensor is located, you could potentially program a lazer beam targetting apperatus to disable/blind said sensor, is that correct?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ok, thanks. I was thinking it was for hiding the craft somehow, but I thought, anyone is gonna know its obviously a fighter jet with such an inadequate covering. But that makes a little more sense that it covers up the details, so whoever looking wont know exactly what its capable of, or where certain equipment is located. If you know where a sensor is located, you could potentially program a lazer beam targetting apperatus to disable/blind said sensor, is that correct?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

You can get an idea for what it can see, if it's optical you can figure out how to blind it, there are a lot of details you can figure out from seeing placement of sensors.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Keep it warm, its cold up there.

new topics

top topics

join