It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher crime rates = higher unemployement rates in black youth in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Something dawned on me while thinking about the current struggles of the black community. I understand their frustration I really do so I am carefully wading through data and listening to what they are saying and observing their culture/ and communities on a local and national level.

BLS

As you can see there is a slightly higher unemployment rate significantly more prevalent in the youth.

One conclusion I have been able to draw from this situation is that as the years have gone on the law and community policing has become far more aggressive in only 2-3 decades, the span of my lifetime. I see kids getting in trouble for things that we got in school suspension for, criminal records being hand out like candy.

Another conclusion that I can draw is that this is dramatically affecting the black community because in poorer neighborhoods things like drug dealing and violence are part of the everyday life. This increases the likeliness that the youth in these areas engage in these activities earlier in life ruining their future prospects by removing them from their homes and communities and placing them in incredibly dangerous institutions causing a form of PTSD.

This also gives them a criminal record often involving theft, robbery and violence. This record then follows them around through life for decades making it impossible for them to properly re-assimilate into society causing an ever growing problem.

They continue to reach out for help but hopelessly as they are not even fully aware of what's going on but they know something is wrong and we need to work together as a society and fix it.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There is actually higher crime rates all around.

Crime on the rise..
My thread is couple years old but probably still true.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So many problems in the American black community.

I often hear Alex Jones say this, they went after the black family unit.. demolished it.

I would say that that is one of the main causes for the problems in the black community.

The second is the war on drugs.

The third? Ghetto culture perhaps.

The fourth? The Democratic party and their infantilising of minorities.

Blacks could thrive given the right opportunities.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I think the conditioning for failure is a big part of the youth view for lower income areas which include all races. Families relying on public transportation makes it difficult for youth to find jobs out of the city. Crime clearly has an impact on youth but there are many companies and colleges that extend their reach to youth that are essentially under the states care.

The problem becomes kids that involved in faux gangs that although they may be fake they are just as dangerous. A youth getting on a bus in his community can be fraught with tension and fear. When you also have parents that have low self esteem and a disregard for getting out of the fire it's hard for a kid to strive in that environment.

Depending what metropolitan city you live in resources for work are strained because there is a funnel effect from neighboring smaller towns and cities where their youth also compete for jobs.

Some kids do not even own a nice shirt or a tie let alone a pair of shoes. They just don't think that they need said things for job interviews. Everything including wakes and funerals has become so informal to a point where people no longer care to dress up.

Even if kids excel in school they are sometimes made fun of by their peers so this in a sense idles their ability or want to become better in school.

I truly feel bad for these kids and one can only hope that they do taste legitimate success that is longstanding so that they can teach their children that it's possibly and that goes for any poor community regardless of gender or race.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21196733]TheLaughingGod
So many problems in the American black community.
I often hear Alex Jones say this, they went after the black family unit.. demolished it.
I would say that that is one of the main causes for the problems in the black community.

They are doing a fantastic job at it.

The second is the war on drugs.

Keep Blacks in jail AND make money? Hell yes!

The third? Ghetto culture perhaps.

Yup. Its ironic that (thug?) culture is pushed by White owned media. I wonder why?

The fourth? The Democratic party and their infantilising of minorities.

I wouldn't say the 'Democratic party', but I would say American politics/politicians.

Blacks could thrive given the right opportunities.

Solve the above and then we are a couple of decades closer.

edit on 2-9-2016 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

I think it's a little bit too late for that though.

The damage we would have to go through simply to wrest our powers back would be considerable. These people will not relinquish their power peacefully. Some kind of collapse may be unavoidable even if the situation doesn't devolve into a civil war or martial law. The economy is teetering on the edge and unemployment is at 30%.

top topics

join