It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I get the old ATS back?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Youre all a bunch of damned hippies!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Thanks Cartman we'll keep that in mind...

Don't you have some cheesy poofs to eat?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Nope. You have any?

Seriously though, this thread pops up every year. ATS is cyclic.. voila. HIppies...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

nah... im off to the bar for beers in 5 mins

Kinda have to admit though, ATS has been lagging on interesting threads lately... Every time i check out the lastest thread its about trump and clinton...

Like i said on the previous page... things will probably get back to normal once this election is done with

Normal... lol

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Those were actually two of the threads that I had in mind when I said I would expand on some ideas that I had left off in the reply at the top of this page.

You see, this is the power of synchronicity…I’m permanently plugged in all the time…

The Paul one is easy enough, the references to him being a wolf in sheep's clothing are everywhere in the bible, the John the Baptist one will be a bit tougher though because it's been so long since I've gone down that train of thought that I'll have to kind of retrace my steps.

You just recently changed your avatar to John the Baptist too, funny strange, coincidence…

I had made more connections with that but they never materialized for whatever reason, maybe laziness lol, now I'll need to kind of find my way back to those ideas.

Yeah, it’s always more fresh when you’ve just studied the material, but based on your OP you were clearly saving some content for the actual thread discussion.

According to the Da Vinci code, Leonardo was a Grandmaster initiate, I think they show some kind historical timeline of initiates down through the ages from what I can remember. If that’s true he would have been aware of various Gnostic traditions, so parts of your theory does make some sense…IMO

Anyway, I wont drag this thread too far off topic…

I'll definitely try to get back to my roots here soon. Maybe we can get some good discussions going in the RFT forums again.

The only posters I take most notice of in the RFT section is yourself, Akragon (Waves), Vet when she's sober lol (just kidding VET) Windword and Buzzywigs…I like Dominicus too but he doesn’t seem to post here anymore…oh and that Gnostic poster the one who keeps reappearing under a new handle name, he’s seems pretty knowledgeable too…

Glad you’re coming back; I’ll definitely contribute to your future RFT threads that’s for sure…

- JC

edit on 5-9-2016 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I was going to say ... NORMAL??? LOL!! Every election cycle has been this way.. and due to the climate of the times this go 'round.. yep. Political madness has driven off all those who contribute otherwise. I wish to ive dangerously so I returned DURING this election cycle. Maybe even suicidal... LOL!

Have a good beer! ( or 10)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Well its the voting season, so there is a lot of politicking around. Waste of time, I rarely bother even reading the headlines or when I do I cant get past the first page of that nonsense, but if by some chance in hell I actually read past the first page, then I usually respond and generally how stupid and retarded the whole thing is and how we should just scrap the whole thing to the garbage bin.

That's another thing they should implement on this site, they should have a garbage bin. You know like that little garbage icon on your desktop, so when you come across something that is the same ol routine, you can just scrap it. Also somebody should make a regressive reverse ad programs.

You know how if you look to buy some new boots then suddenly every site or everywhere you go you get adds and even sites about it linked to you. Well the reverse should happen every time you scrap a thread with a particular leaning on this site or any other, a program should look for all other such content and scrap it for you or dump it in the garbage bin.

Saving you a whole bunch of time, surfing the internet is shallow water as it is, and ATS is like a sludge pit, or dodging cars on the freeway, so much crap out there heading your way, we need to start making programs which instead always wanting to sell us crap we dont need, would create and constantly search and get rid of stuff we don't want to see or need, or put it in a little folder so we can quickly scroll on to see which is crap, and which crappier.

OH ya! Brilliant right. Dam right!

But anyways! Back to the topic of the constant degrading suckiness of ATS. Well probably cant do nothing about that, I mean if you want you could start much better threads then what is on now a days. # I could do better typing with one hand behind my back and with all three eyes closed. However it is against my religion to make or start threads, nor is it worth it, so that is a no go. But hey your free to do so.

The way I see it ATS is doomed to go into the black hole of site redundancy and eventual spiral of death, or well? What we have now, politicking and junk, but believe you me, between the two the spiral of death is much preferable to the never ending useless bickering and redundancy of mediocrity.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

i finally joined last year after many years lurking, and i have never seen this level of almost vitriolic trend on ATS. also, the motto used to be deny ignorance... not any more.

Ha! Shows what you know, the moto of this site has always been "Pictures, or it does not exist" I think "deny ignorance" while being a nice catch phrase, is to high of an ideal or lofty of a goal to be held to any sense of rationality or reality...An ideal.
edit on 11pmMondaypm052016f1pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 23:23:56 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
NO.

You can't have the "old" ATS back. WHY?

Politics are now what people TIE their identity to. Just like how people are Bronco's or Patriots fans...people are now POLITICAL FANS. Politics is part of their IDENTITY.

And you know WHAT?

It gets page views. LOTS of page views.

Whatever draws people HERE is what ATS will try to cater to. The lights dont stay ON by themsleves.

Actual conspiracy is dying. Slowly. "They" have done a good JOB at making YOU not care about alternative topics. So, the distraction of POLITICS is here to stay.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
To be fair the aviation forum is still holding it down.

Theres enough daring do and real life spooks 8n that forum to keep ats afloat for a long time.

If you know what to look for youd find many of ats mysteries explained in there.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That could be said for your own threads as well!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Did we get 2003 ATS back yet?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Did we get 2003 ATS back yet?

In the year 2525 😎

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds dystopian.