It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton - Cyber Attacks Deserve Military Response

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think many of you are missing an important point, here.

"Cybercrime" is a very broad term. It can be anything from hacking someone for personal info..... to attacking the power grid, to attacking a nuclear power facility, to disabling GPS (which would be bad news for any planes in the sky at the time, among other things). I'm sure I've missed some other possible implications...

Any of the latter could have devastating effects on critical infrastructure, the economy, as well as carry a very real risk of death tolls.

I would hope she's referring to the latter.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Cyber attack = Computer crime. Hillary's email issues = Computer crime? She is right. I hope the 82nd airdrops some troops on her location.

Excellent logic, iTruthSeeker! Hillary would be able to add another combat story to the one where she was shot in the butt while her helicopter rose. Maybe sending the 82nd Airborne will finally get Hillary brought to trial.

"Death from Above"

Do they take prisoners now?

"Unleash the Hillary!"

What is she doing?

She went left of Bernie and now right of Trump.

Can she be two places at once? Quantum Hillary.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow the old girl is really pissed off about the email thing.......lol....wants to respond with military action...lol stop hacking my email or else !

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Wow the old girl is really pissed off about the email thing.......lol....wants to respond with military action...lol stop hacking my email or else !

I think you've put this 'conspiracy' to bed.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
does that mean the general public can wage war against the NSA and government for hacking our phones, computers, laptops, conversations, texts, emails, calendars, phone history ?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Well, it is crazy that Hillary was too scared (or sleepy?) to save our brave men in Benghazi, but she wants to carpet bomb Breitbart. The woman isn't stable, reliable, or trustworthy in the least, is she.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
WOW, and the PROGS are worried about Trump?
Flipping out on final menopause?
If McNamara can FAKE a naval combat to start a war...CHINA is also a hacker, also a usurper,also an Economic threat.
MIC wants it BANKS want it and THAT is all we need to know why Hillary wants it
She will remain in the nursing home.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

For shock value ghostrager, that's tops for the week.
I'm not shocked she could come up with it though.

What's good for the goose should by rights also have
Correct the Record DRONED.
While we're at it, I'd also like to see how much of the
Clinton Foundation's black ink went into the correc-
tions expenses. RICO the assets... they're overdue for
a visit.

I'm not a candidate for anything, but I approve this
kinetic action of humanitarian Internet neutralization.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Critical functions of nuclear power plants are not connected to the internet they certainly cannot be "hacked" come on people... neither can they melt down because of a power failure they are designed to safely shut down in that case.

Hillary must have slept while being briefed about cyber related things because she certainly has no idea how this works, you can't just take military(or any other action for that matter) action because of a cyber attack that's just absurd.

You have so many ways of hiding,masking and relaying your true location that it becomes almost impossible to know where the hack originated from, someone could be hacking the US from the US and make it appear the hack came from China.

Go back to sleep Hillary you need it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

"Cybercrime" is a very broad term. It can be anything from hacking someone for personal info..... to attacking the power grid, to attacking a nuclear power facility, to disabling GPS (which would be bad news for any planes in the sky at the time, among other things). I'm sure I've missed some other possible implications...

Any of the latter could have devastating effects on critical infrastructure, the economy, as well as carry a very real risk of death tolls.

Exactly. Thank you. Copied so people can see it.

You know, I'm glad I'm not a crazy bad guy, because apparently I have the imagination for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

You got me there On the nuclear plant. (ETA - or maybe not...see post below)

Though I think our guys have a few tricks up their sleeves when it comes to identifying the source of a hack. Snowden indicated as much.

She has advisors on this stuff. She's been briefed.

edit on 2-9-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
An attack is an attack ... depends on the source.

"Cyber" attacks could have far more wide-ranging effects than a bombing.

And we've retaliated militarily many times for far less.

(I do not advocate military attacks in reprisal for hacking, but, let's be factual.)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What kind of systems could be hacked, well, planes for one, but they say they are working on securing that...

Cyber-Attack Warning: Could Hackers Bring Down a Plane?

Nuclear Facilities Around the World Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks (I guess that can be done...)

Hackers showed us how to break into the power grid — and it was shockingly easy

The NSA’s disturbingly successful hack of the American military.

That was with a quick google search...

Now, obviously, we don't want to drop bombs for an email hack or a simple DDOS of ATS, right? So I don't think the military or Hillary is talking about that kind of hack.

I submit that the next President needs to consider these kinds of attacks, as Commander in Chief and that it is an issue which needs to be address for the security of our nation and the world.

- AB

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just remember, the more we bomb....

The more concrete Lafarge sells....

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Again we have an American conundrum. The NSA has hacked allies. We the self proclaimed democracy messiah have interfered with elections. And then we beat the war drum loudly when our illegal actions are exposed.

Good news is, reality has not shifted suddenly and the world continues to be the same as it has for decades.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There is NO conundrum about lies,we have been LIED to, we should now begin fixing this.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

I heard cyber crime was more than that. So says Acorn. apparently.

twice now.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

The witch is STILL trying to 'earn' her bung from the war profiteers...disgusting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join