It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tromp Family - Australia's newest mystery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Just my opinion from following this story for 2 days now.

I dont think drugs as such is involved. I also think the theory of owing baddies money etc. is off the track. Its almost like they have been seemingly exposed to some toxic drug unknowingly over a short period. I have read many comments from those who know them and it appears to be completely out of character.

The latest about the other daughter being found in a wheel well of a car in a catatonic state just deepens the mystery. I think the son and police are not releasing everything and holding back stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beammeupkim
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They do not seem like drug types. Way too wholesome. Farm folk....sometimes outside appearances can be deceiving but I don't think so.???

I personally know a few people that have money and nice houses yet are still hardcore into their party drugs.....appearances can be deceiving

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: beammeupkim

The thing that strikes me is what the son said the trigger was..: "It was a build-up of different, normal every day events, just pressure and it slowly got worse as the days went by," he told reporters.

That's pretty vague isn't it..it's like he's hiding the truth of the matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6
Were they being monitored by the NSA or something? They did mention everyday events, perhaps there was some regular intimidation going on. They did throw out their phones, which would be to avoid GPS tracking.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: beammeupkim

The thing that strikes me is what the son said the trigger was..: "It was a build-up of different, normal every day events, just pressure and it slowly got worse as the days went by," he told reporters.

That's pretty vague isn't it..it's like he's hiding the truth of the matter.

And that again sounds like something paranormal to me.

It starts slowly, doors opening/closing, seeing a shadow, things seeming out of place, etc, then it can ramp up if your house is truly haunted. Comes across to me as if there was a paranormal buildup and then a climax, they saw something real scary and bolted. And that would explain such confusion, seeing something you cannot explain but feat of it hunting you.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

On Monday, Mr and Mrs Tromp and their children Riana, Mitchell and Ella had piled into Ella's Peugeot for a "technology-free" trip to NSW.

Come Thursday four family members had emerged shell-shocked in four separate locations and one was still unaccounted for.

That # sounds freaky. That doesn't sound like being chased or coming across anything human.

I mean, something out there scared the family so much they all bolted in their own directions and later, the oldest daughter doesn't even remember her name?

That sounds nothing like being chased by humans who want to harm you, where you'd stick together to protect family members or everyone goes somewhere to hide together out of site. This reeks of something popping up and scaring the # out of them. reading thru a bunch of the Missing 411 cases, the group of Russians who disappeared in the wilderness, things like that is where I'm leaning.

The actions suggest a threat they couldn't identify.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

That # sounds freaky. That doesn't sound like being chased or coming across anything human.

Dude i love a good scooby doo conspiracy as much as you do.....regardless you are really stretching the veils of reality

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The son obviously didn't believe his family, and probably wasn't around for whatever caused the initial exodus.
what strikes me as most strange is he's the only one talking.

The family members directly affected, were the mom/dad/daughter and it's as if whatever went down broke them mentally after or during the event (whatever that was).

I facebook'd what i could.. they seem like a normal family but no posts after around the 18th of last month, parents don't seem to have any FB presence.. i feel dirty for that, but im after answers and that could have lead to a clue or two but it's clean as a whistle.. sun/fun and horses.

And now we find out on daughter was found catatonic in a random guys ute... this just gets weirder as the mom was found in much the same state wandering around yass (note.. you don't wander around yass alone.. that's rather dangerous).

the distances are vast, none of this is simple.. i've been looking all day and im still stumped, stranger still is the way it's being presented. It's as if no one knows, not even the cops. all this is rather unprecedented and unexplainable.

I don't blame the son for keeping tight lipped on his family's tale.. it must be rather wild, he obviously doesn't believe it but it was profound enough to cause a family to loose their collective minds over.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Xarian6 because: names removed

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Dude i love a good scooby doo conspiracy as much as you do.....regardless you are really stretching the veils of reality

Meh. I've personally had a couple of experiences which would do more than stretch the veils of a normal person's reality.

One paranormal experience so real, so scary as a child it ended with my brother and I cowering in fear at our neighbors house under a table, four cops cars scouring the premises and the baby sitter having a panic attack. The other was UFO related which left my sister in tears and so scared she to this day will never venture into the woods outside my parents house, many years later. That one btw had multiple MUFON investigators at that house.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The Father has went full on psychotic, The pressure he put on his family members has also driven them partly insane. The wife would be exposed to her husbands craziness more so than the kids. The younger daughter has probably inherited the insanity gene and has cracked also.
Seems like the older daughter and son got out before the full on meltdown. No great mystery here. Psychosis can run in families.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Your sister didn't happen to get 'temporally paralyzed' by any chance...?
as if your caught in jelly.. with a mental image that if you try to move, you die.

that's a game changer that one, and not something often discussed.. as it's rather terrifying and goes against the agenda pushed by those that think everything's Light and love and candy canes.. when it's not,, it's utterly unnatural and terrifying like being caught in the spiders web and the spiders bearing down.

Probably best to PM the answer.. It'll look like were derailing my own thread (i did ask for this to be put back in the GA.. i was denied).

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

A normal person ?...really...wtf is normal ?.....

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Wow, what a story.
The parents and at least the catatonic daughter, "shared something" the younger ones didn't. That's the last known fact.
But what is pure speculation.
Information, drugs, experiences that's all equally possible.
What clearly speaks against just daily pressure and a failing business, is the abrupt exit from their home, the fear of technology and the obvious medical aftermath.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this, it is not a story i was aware of.

As to what is going on......the obvious answer would be to look at the kids to see if any nefarious activity has taken place.

However, seeing as their seems to have been a collective break down within the family, i would also look strongly at natural reasons. For example, gas release from the ground or similar affecting their brains.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hi, Long time lurker and I had to share.

Speculated that the Tromps had their brains fried by a rouge microwave dish or something similar, and sure enough if I've got their property right on google maps there's a cell tower in the backyard. Maybe it's misconfigured and pupming out to much power?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AmosSix

In the backyard? A figure of speech, or literally?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

This was what the title made me think.. some Skinwalker Ranch type of stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

[SNIPPED]
edit on 9.3.2016 by Kandinsky because: No posting people's addresses on ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AmosSix

Sh!!!!!!!!!t I smell fried brain!
The youngest are the shortest I assume? Just out of the danger zone shorter, maybe?

Experiences of woo usually go with above normal electro magnetic fields, your wifi can mess with your sleep.
Also something that needs to be kept in mind if talking about this stuff.

A fried brain is a soft brain and ideal target for picking up "waves".
With soft I mean sensitive.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Just registered to join in on the discussion.

When i read the story i immediately thought of the swedish twins on the motorway in the UK. Remember that story?
Funnily enough another member just started a thread about that right here

Folie à deux (/fɒˈli ə ˈduː/; French pronunciation: ​[fɔli a dø]; French for "madness of two"), or shared psychosis, is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and hallucinations[1][2] are transmitted from one individual to another.[3] The same syndrome shared by more than two people may be called folie à trois, folie à quatre, folie en famille or even folie à plusieurs ("madness of many"). Recent psychiatric classifications refer to the syndrome as shared psychotic disorder (DSM-IV) (297.3) and induced delusional disorder (F.24) in the ICD-10, although the research literature largely uses the original name. This disorder is not in the current DSM (DSM-V). The disorder was first conceptualized in 19th-century French psychiatry by Charles Lasègue and Jean-Pierre Falret and so also known as Lasègue-Falret Syndrome

Wiki

I dont think its (regular) drugs. If you look at their appearances and the picture of their home it just seems unlikely. They look way too healthy and well dressed. And what type of drugs slowly builts up and make you trip yer balls off for days?

Like other suggested perhaps it could some kind of toxic substance or maybe fungicide since they own a berry farm.
They own a farm called Parkview Farm where they grow Red Currants. link to farm website

The website mentions that its grown organic and chemical free plus when searching with keywords like 'Red Currant dangers' or 'red currant toxic', '... fungicide', ...pesticide' nothing shows up really besides Pyrethrum which is pretty much harmless and used in gardens and homes worldwide. Actually i sprayed some in my garden this morning. Damn bugs!

Im guessing its either crime related, death threats maybe? Or mental issues or there are issues within the family the kids arent telling about. Or perhaps some ultra rare paranormal phenomena.
Who knows? Hard to tell at this point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join