It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Trump Camp Mulls Using Seized Cartel Assets to Pay for Wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump is soooo dumb! The US is already seizing assets from any criminal activity, including drugs, and it's already earmarked/spoken for. He's gonna have to do some fighting if wants that money to build a wall!

edit on 1-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
You're talking about millions of dollars seized from drug cartels and operations. The wall will cost billions.

Where will the rest come from?

Trillions more like!

As for where the rest comes from, he could try and ask the CIA ...nicely, probably no chance though!
In any case, I envisage Trump counting out, "A hundred for me, one for the wall......"

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
So he is going to used seized money and assets...seized in the United States, to pay for the wall.

How is this "Mexico paying for the wall"?

Also, a large majority of these "seized assets" are drugs, which they put a monetary value on...but exactly how are they going to turn those drugs into cash to pay for the wall?

When he says Mexico paying for the wall he means Mexicans will pay for the wall when we tax the $28 Billion they send to Mexico every year. IMHO
edit on 1-9-2016 by WilburnRoach because: obamas fault

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

So he is going to used seized money and assets...seized in the United States, to pay for the wall.

Also, a large majority of these "seized assets" are drugs, which they put a monetary value on...but exactly how are they going to turn those drugs into cash to pay for the wall?

When he says Mexico paying for the wall he means Mexicans will pay for the wall when we tax the $28 Billion they send to Mexico every year. IMHO

How many years will that take 20, 30....?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

When who sends $28 billion to Mexico?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Almost $25 billion flowed last year from the pockets of Mexicans living overseas, almost all of it from the U.S. That's even higher than what Mexico earns from its oil exports.

cnnmoney

It goes on to say:

Remittances are even expected to top $28 billion this year. All that money is dependent on a border that allows people to cross. Trump threatens this money flow in 2 ways: putting a stop to remittances and building a wall. Both would turn off the money spigot.

Trump could use the patriot act to stop the money, I bet Trump would tax it 25%-40%. Or Try too. Add that to drug seizures plus public asset seizures it would be easy for him to come up with the money for the wall. Drugs sieszures would dry up after the wall is build. I assume the drug cartels will move to America, you know bring the drug war home where it started. Just my humble opinion.

I bet Trump gets maybe 30% of the vote.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Would Trump's Plan to Stop Remittances to Mexico Work?

R-E-M-I-T

Yup, Ol' Donald's scheme will surely work, he only wants them to pay a one-off, up front payment of ten billion at the most..it says so on the tin...
it's worse than I thought...his thinking that is.
edit on 1-9-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

R-E-M-I-T

So he is going to prevent American citizens from sending money to Mexico???

Yeah...good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

R-E-M-I-T

It would not. The moment we force our banks to start taxing money sent, another bank will open up, do everything online, not tax the money, and send it to Mexico instead.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

R-E-M-I-T

It would not. The moment we force our banks to start taxing money sent, another bank will open up, do everything online, not tax the money, and send it to Mexico instead.

You could always send your money to a bank in Canada...and then have that bank send it to Mexico.

Hell, If Trump would get elected and is dumb enough to try this...I would open a business doing this exact thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
25 billion is nothing to the US.. a country that throws away trillions of dollars as if it were nothing.

These people wanna say that building that wall will be so expensive but most of them have no problem with trillions of dollars in debt.

Laughable.

If they wanted to they could charge Soros for high treason and confiscate his money to build that wall. Followed by a very public and graphic execution to put the fear of God into the enemies of the republic.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Soros doesn't do anything that none of the other Republican supporters don't do. People like Sheldon Adelson the man who wants America to Nuke Iran is far more dangerous than Soros.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Hang him too then. I would plow through the upper echelon of the elite like a harvester.

Complete annihilation. Love and light didn't work, utter and complete annihilation would.

Technological process would then be redirected towards manipulating subtler realities with the goal of destroying any non physical entities predisposed towards negatively interfering in human affairs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join