It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the economic reality of the crackdown on undocumented workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

No. What your assumptions show is that you have no real point, and no capacity to listen when you have an emotional investment in the conversation.
edit on 1-9-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: jjkenobi

No. The problem is that farm owners can somehow pay lower wages. The can pay by the bin or bushel or basket. Look it up.

And at the same time, they get subsidies to plant less. Michelle Bachmann knows all about that.

We have a surplus of food as well
How much gets exported to other countries?

www.motherjones.com...

6 Charts That Show How We Became China's Grocery Store and Wine Cellar

Where does our food go
www.motherjones.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Of course this being America and the West it always comes down to money as apparently that is the most important aspect of any society.

Maybe if this illegal immigration situation hadn't been used as a tool by the globalists for all these decades this situation wouldn't even have happened. Follow the law, deport the criminals and let it sort itself out. Spoiled Westerners like myself will have to learn how to work hard jobs like this sooner or later when our societies finally collapse. Should they not they will probably keep on teetering right on the edge..

30% unemployment. Good luck with that America! There will be no Trump renaissance, America will not become great again. That ship sailed a long time ago, the only thing that's left is the steady decline on the path to becoming a Third World nation. How long will it take for there to be violence on the streets once the middle class is finally utterly demolished? You think the riots of black people are bad now? Just wait..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: MoreInterior
Is it because of America's history that we are hung up on the idea that field work equals slavery? There's no other reason not to pay workers real wages and treat them with respect.

We're hung up on it because American's don't like to do hot, dirty work. Never have.

A lot of people also feel they shouldn't have to, that they're above it. I'm not sure I disagree with that point either. You wouldn't get me in a field picking food for even $50/hour. Why would I choose to do a job that will give me skin cancer and beat up my body, when I can instead work in an air conditioned office and make just as much while not being left dead/decrepit in the process?

This is such a terrible misconception. Being outside is not bad for you. If you're worried about skin cancer, wear a wide-brimmed hat like the people here. In your office you are sitting for long periods of time which is much worse. All I can do is shake my head at this lack of logic. People here in Japan live longer than any other population. Americans' life expectancy is actually getting shorter.

Also, this entire topic is propaganda. "Americans are spoiled and won't work. Illegals want to make an honest dollar to feed their families!" Propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This doesn't suprise me at all,I worked for a distribution warehouse big Corp,they used a staffing company,these young kids show up for work,intense labor warehouse work in brand new clothes,200 dollar shoes,hair all done up,at the 1st break they are in shock,saying "I didn't know I was going to sweat!",then they take out their 600 dollar phones and text their mama's I guess,and the majority are about 19 driving brand new cars,on 10 dollars an hour you can read what you want,but to me the outlook isn't good we are an easy take over

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: DelMarvel

We need to figure out how to automate the farming industry more effectively...I would even go a step further and say we need to look at hydroponics in a controlled environment and get away from pesticides in general..keep in mind I did not think this through with all my amazing brain power but that is what just rolled off my tongue

There is an many have. For other farmers it's just asker and cheaper to pay illegals than to fork out thr money they need for equipment.

www.cnet.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

You don't have to sit indoors, you can use a standing desk. Any company worth working for will provide you with an adjustable desk so you can switch between sitting and standing at will.

I'll repeat what I said before. Why should I work in a field for even $50/hour when I could instead do work that's actually intellectually stimulating at whatever wage it ends up paying, which is usually above that of farm labor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join