It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muskogee police in Oklahoma pepper-spray 84-year-old grandmother.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Muskogee Police Release Video Of Elderly Woman Pepper Sprayed.

Muskogee Police said Smith was non-compliant to verbal commands and tried to resist an officer’s attempt to physically restrain her. Officers said they then used pepper spray.

Sure seems like theres a lot of commotion going on but most (if not all) of it, seems to have been caused by the police.

In the video we see one guy and his 84yo mother.

The mother definitely seems agitated but I dont know that I can blame her.

Is it possible that the home owners could have been nervous and scared as an army of police stormed their home barking orders like crazed mental patients?

edit on 1-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It just seems to me there is a much more civil way to go about doing this without storming in and screaming like a bunch of animals.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

So this is Muskogee, Oklahoma.. I was trying to see if it was the U.S. or Canada (Canada has a lot of interesting town names too).

The American police seem to be the most brutal and trigger-happy. The brutality issue is much more a problem in the US than it is in Europe or Canada, I know that much.

That poor lady... hopefully the officers responsible will face SOME sort of consequences other than paid administrative leave or having to switch offices...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The embed above doesn't seem to be working, here's another:

Yes, she seems cantankerous but not posing a threat by any means. If you watch the above there's also an angle from another officer's bodycam. It doesn't look like any of the other officers are particularly concerned with the woman and then the one female officer just sorta whips up pepper spray and shoots her in the face.

Looks strictly punitive to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
She is a tough old gal...really needed a shot of pepper spray to get her under control....could of been the TSA...they would done a full body cavity search then sprayed her! (picture that...really try to picture a cavity search on a old woman...us your grandmothers face...and know that your tax dollars are well spent on bigs that are paid to protect your civil liberties).
Makes as much sense as the election choices.
Cheers

reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
She is a tough old gal...really needed a shot of pepper spray to get her under control....could of been the TSA...they would done a full body cavity search then sprayed her! (picture that...really try to picture a cavity search on a old woman...us your grandmothers face...and know that your tax dollars are well spent on bigs that are paid to protect your civil liberties).
Makes as much sense as the election choices.
Cheers

reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Greetings-

But according to the Merle Haggard ditty: They don't smoke grass nor burn their draft cards...

I actually went and tried to find something (anything) to excuse this behavior and thought I found something when orange shorts is seen slumping but then played it back and it was the cops tasing Him. It was obvious from first glance that the Lady was aged and walked, hobbled actually, w/a noticeable limp. In cases like this the officer is supposed to take that into account and use a chair; table, whatever is available to gain 'leverage' and then gain compliance through escalation of the force needed to effect an arrest. Dealing harshly with the aged and infirmed is a lawsuit pending if You're an a-hole, one little "nudge" and She breaks a hip. It isn't worth it, I don't care if She is trying to conceal $40.00 worth of marihuana. Whats that 2 lids? hahaha Better get the proper spelling of Her name, You know for the apology letter the Chief's secretary will have to type out...
Another thing that comes with 'older age' is a decrease in hearing and being able to decipher different tones. These are things that are addressed in the Police Academy. Remember the deaf guy? If not in uniform You identify Yourself as a cop by making a circle w/Your right hand and with the thumb and forefinger towards the heart. In the hearing impaired community this means "Official Person" (fat guy w/a badge)
I'd type more but all I heard was a bunch of SCREAMING and YELLING and due to My own issues of "Siren Ear" I turned it off.
The aged should be treated w/more respect.

Proud Member of LEAP• Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

My God...

How can *any* police officer stand there with their bare face hanging out and say they were unable to restrain an unarmed 84 yr. old woman without the use of pepper spray?!?

If true - they have no business being a police officer.

To say nothing of the fact that the video shows her not resisting anyone, she just seemed animated and agitated.

This is just plain sad...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yea holy # this was crazy. Im suprised they didnt go ahead and taze her while she was down..smh.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Universally, cops are adrenaline junkies and when it kicks in all rational judgment is no longer involved.

Cops love what they do simply because they are constantly encountering new situations and look forward to the next encounter. They are drug addicts. All of them.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
the man's hands also appeared to be UP and complying, still tazed....

smh

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Universally, cops are adrenaline junkies and when it kicks in all rational judgment is no longer involved.

Cops love what they do simply because they are constantly encountering new situations and look forward to the next encounter. They are drug addicts. All of them.

All people named Charles are morons.

Blanket statements are fun!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: CharlesT

All people named Charles are morons.

Blanket statements are fun!

You are going to have to better than that to explain this away.....you are the part of the thin blue line...dude

You think this behaviors from police is acceptable ?...really.....?

Sometimes the police are hard done by...sometimes the police # over people who do not deserve it....

You are a police officer condoning this......wow...
edit on 2-9-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I think there is something which all of you have over looked and is likely the very basis of the police officers actions in this case.

The old woman is BLACK !!!

And we all know how dangerous these old black women are.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

They should hang there head in shame at such an atrocious act of depravity!

I wonder what there own mother or grandmother would think of there actions?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

I think there is something which all of you have over looked and is likely the very basis of the police officers actions in this case.

Your right she may have BLM or at least some sort of faction of it....good riddance !!!....hell she may have converted to Islam if she had not been stopped in her tracks

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

only fools argue with police, your not gonna win. when your in a situation where cops are making arrest,and you place yourself in the middle of it,( and yes she did) while they were there. and you start bumbling off at the gums saying don't touch me motherf____, and don't ___ with me. the whole time your in the middle of it instead off being quite and letting them do their job or at the very least stop trying to stop them from going through the house. don't whine when you get a shot of pepper spray in the face, 84 years old or not.

you have to know that just as soon as they, psychically tried to stop her from interfering, her old brittle bones would have snapped and people would have been pissing and moaning about that they used excessive force.

fact is way cool jr ran from cops, went to moma's house, she got (placed herself) in the middle of it, and got off lucky. it could have been a lot worse. broke bones, may even dead.

edit on 2-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your right she may have BLM or at least some sort of faction of it....good riddance !!!....hell she may have converted to Islam if she had not been stopped in her tracks

Had not thought of that aspect.
Oh ! She might even be one of those "Christians" and really start some trouble.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Had not thought of that aspect.
Oh ! She might even be one of those "Christians" and really start some trouble.

edit on 2-9-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Dude you cannot bad mouth religion.....we are bound by medieval doctrines.....i mean how else do we move forwards >?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join