It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bison Spooked At Yellowstone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This come across as looking for a problem that isn't there.

This seems VERY normal, especially considering, like Ray1990 said, there are some seemingly predator-like animals (maybe wolves) running into the heard. Cool think to catch on the camera, but nothing very odd, and they certainly don't seem too spooked.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: elouina

Scared motionless? Looks like a normal Sunday afternoon for the herd. Chew, roam, chew, hit a fly with your tail, chew...

Sounds like me at an all you can eat buffet.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Do you not like Wyoming for some reason? I just replied to your post about the crack you thought was near the Little Jennie though its far away. A few of the bison are running, and if no notice.... mostly the youngsters. You may have noticed the person that filmed this is Chinese. This year, the tourists have been crazy. Approaching animals far too closely, wandering off the boardwalk in the dangerous geothermal areas, driving like maniacs.... maybe it was another stupid tourist. Or possibly a wolf or two. The bison are herd animals. They are obviously not all running. A few antsy males, a number of youngsters... it is rutting season about now actually. I see normal behavior. A few animals feeling like running. No panic, just heading downhill at a good pace with most of the others just meandering along the direction they are all taking.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah my husband tries to eat his weight in food at a buffet. Then spends hours afterward saying oh I can't move..

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah my husband tries to eat his weight in food at a buffet. Then spends hours afterward saying oh I can't move..

Yeah, I know the feeling, all that walking back and forth to the buffet table sure wears you out.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko

Do you not like Wyoming for some reason? I just replied to your post about the crack you thought was near the Little Jennie though its far away. A few of the bison are running, and if no notice.... mostly the youngsters. You may have noticed the person that filmed this is Chinese. This year, the tourists have been crazy. Approaching animals far too closely, wandering off the boardwalk in the dangerous geothermal areas, driving like maniacs.... maybe it was another stupid tourist. Or possibly a wolf or two. The bison are herd animals. They are obviously not all running. A few antsy males, a number of youngsters... it is rutting season about now actually. I see normal behavior. A few animals feeling like running. No panic, just heading downhill at a good pace with most of the others just meandering along the direction they are all taking.

The thing I get is for people that have never been to Yellowstone they assume anything that might seem weird happen is some possible indication of bad news..

If you dont see Bison running, rolling on the ground, causing traffic jams as they run across, on or over the 8 roads then you might have a reason to be worried. Add in the rut and behavior gets even more assertive at times. I was on a hike through Lamar and took photos of a herd in a remote spot for a good hour and can say that at various times, random bison would run or do weird things..ie they were acting normal.

I have also seen people talk about the fires as being a disaster and indication of something wrong yet fires and the destruction+regrowth they cause is a very important part of park health.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
YS is noisy all the time but seems they have turned off some equipment according to this ytuber....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join