It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt Exposed for Forcing Foster Kids, Even Toddlers to Take Dangerous Psychotropic Drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I felt so lost for my children in the 80s-90s.
My son was tested in the genius range (tested w/o my knowledge) but hated school etc-and he was 5. He did not listen or do as asked by the teacher. The school asked us to get him tested. We did. A very well known child psychologist said he was not add but an individualist so we enrolled him in private schools who understood his not quite acting the norm. Then the school therapist, he was making mostly straight As-in the school band, theatre club and played football; said he needed ritalin.
To counter that, we visited numerous and expensive psychiatrists. With different results every time. Again, he wasn't a trouble maker or poor student-he just didnt stay in his seat or do homework-
Unfortunately, we did listen on occasion and he took the typical ritalin, adderal etc with poor results-one sent him to the hospital because it dropped his blood pressure.
I was experiencing a very nasty divorce (ended up on the 6 o'clock news/he had an affair with our judge/another long-sad-pity me story) with the dad pushing drugs.
I ran back to my home state and promised my then 15 year old no drugs as soon as we could escape the courts who pushed the drugs.
I kept my promise. After a year of high school-he was so bored-he went to college.
I have tremendous guilt about trusting doctors etc to this day.
He has grown into a very healthy, non-add adult-very successfully employed and independent; not married yet.
And I need some grandchildren.

I HATE DOCTORS OF ALL KINDS AND THEIR DRUGGIE FRIENDS. AND THE COURTS THAT LISTEN TO THEM.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you for your reply ...

Just to inform you that I speak from experience

Two vulnerable family members have suffered
from what I feel is a lack of care
regarding the administration of drugs
whilst in care homes
My Father and youngest brother

I do not wish to go into details
But do know this is a big problem that is often conveniently overlooked

Thank you for highlighting this problem
edit on 1-9-2016 by artistpoet because: TYPO

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

10% of non-foster vs "nearly" 12% of foster...

Id expect foster kids to need their mood stabilized slightly more than non-foster.

Definitely, as noted in both the article and the OP.

Those poor kids go through untold trauma to be in that program.

Yes, both before and after being removed from their homes. Even under the best foster care situation, there is still emotion turmoil and trauma to leaving everything familiar to them.

But the real issues here are the irresponsible ways these drugs are being prescribed and administered without adequate or competent oversight. From single doctors prescribing too many too often, including to children they have not been approved for, combinations of multiple drugs, little to no monitoring for adverse effects like suicidal or homicidal ideation... these kids have serious issues, but there are serious issues with the drugs being prescribed also.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I'm sorry this has touched -- and hurt -- you and yours. That's gotta be hell. I hope they are in a better place now and are getting/got better care. As more people know and are aware of these issues, let's also hope the system improves.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

My Father passed away almost 2 years ago so is free though he is sorely missed
My younger Brother has a great life now ...

Thank you for your kindness ... much appreciated
Keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Through Hell and back, through Hell and back. Glad you came out on the other side.
It sounds like your ex wanted your son to stay on a drug, and so a custody order complied with his request. I was so happy to hear how well your son is doing now! He is blessed to have a mom who stuck with him, was on his side!

Your son sounds like my youngest son. We live in a rural area that has always been 15 years behind the times, so we didn't have to go through the Ritalin marketing campaign at the time. By the time I divorced years later, it was my other son (a teenager then) who had to take an acne drug because his father wanted him to. He started to exhibit dangerous side effects, so he and I came up with a natural alternative that worked 100%, and he stopped taking the drug.

The last few decades certainly have pushed conformance, "helping" those who don't conform by pushing drugs on them. Plus, Big Pharma has figured out how to push drugs for everything. Everything can be a medical problem now!

Stronger and stronger drugs have been allowed OTC now, let alone doctors pushing drugs. And not just doctors, but PAs who read test results and prescribe drugs.

A couple things with giving kids drugs is that monitoring is not the best, and teens may start to experiment with other drugs that interfere with the meds they're on (without sharing this experimentation with adults....duh!).

There certainly can be a time for drug intervention, but drugs are too freely given out nowadays. I've had a few teens tell me how their meds, although they may not like them, did help them from hearing the voices in their head, for which they are grateful. Now that's a good thing!

When I retired from a workforce of about 120, I was probably only 1 in a handful of workers NOT on any meds. Doctors have saved my life, but I certainly don't want one to kill me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join