It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security May Take Charge Of 2016 Presidential Election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This sounds completely Draconian to me. Hacking elections is a concern...a serious one...and, yes, our elections need to be secure...But are we also risking putting the fox in charge of guarding the hen house, by having DHS being completely in charge of our elections?

Homeland eyes special declaration to take charge of elections

Even before the FBI identified new cyber attacks on two separate state election boards, the Department of Homeland Security began considering declaring the election a "critical infrastructure," giving it the same control over security it has over Wall Street and and the electric power grid.

The latest admissions of attacks could speed up that effort possibly including the upcoming presidential election, according to officials.

"We should carefully consider whether our election system, our election process, is critical infrastructure like the financial sector, like the power grid," Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said.

FULL Article:
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They should put the TSA in charge. This way neither of them gets elected due to gross incompetence and rampant boobery by the election monitoring body.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Nothing Banana Republic about that! Am I right? /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
what a joke. Iv had a bad feeling about this election from the get go.

This does not make me feel any better.

Between saying Russia will hack it, now putting "the fox in charge of the hen house"... If it wasn't shady before it sure is now.

Bummer.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Does anyone sense a "false flag" on this one other than me ? The "Russians" have hacked the voting system ? Just like Hillary's email servers ? After the emails are being released ? The same FBI that stated they couldnt prove intent ? Even though a Federal offense does not require an "intent" or a "motive" ?

Something is rotten here...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's feeling like 'The Russians Are Hacking...The Russians Are Hacking' meme we've been hearing about may be a false flag.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Jeh Johnson hardly inspires a feeling of 'impartiality'.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's feeling like 'The Russians Are Hacking...The Russians Are Hacking' meme we've been hearing about may be a false flag.

He looks like he's hacking something up:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Any attempt to federalize election monitoring would face an immediate Constitutional challenge.

I doubt it will get that far. This feels more like a shot across the bow. An attempt to remind Russian, or whomever, that people are watching.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I would hope that if anything good will come come of this, it will be that the entire electoral process will be magnified under a microscope this November.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Trump did encourage Russia to hack Clinton...maybe that has something to do with it.

www.nytimes.com...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Beware of government insisting on "Protecting" you !!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Naw, HS taking over election security isn't suspicious at all, nothing to see here folks! Move. Along.

I smell hints of rodents at work deep within the woodwork here

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Any attempt to federalize election monitoring would face an immediate Constitutional challenge.

I doubt it will get that far. This feels more like a shot across the bow. An attempt to remind Russian, or whomever, that people are watching.

IDK...Obama takes another executive action declaring the election a 'critical infrastructure'...and it's 'Katie Bar The Door' for DHS.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump did encourage Russia to hack Clinton...maybe that has something to do with it.

www.nytimes.com...

Why...of course it'll be Trump's fault.
Thank you so much for that, olaru.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The Dems and their Octopus Radical Organizations have now tried to Win an Election with this Bogus Story of Russian Hackers . Hmm , wouldn't you think someone who could Hack into U.S. Government Computers would also have the Ability to Cloak his Identity ? This Story Smells as Bad as George Clooney's Last 2 Pictures....

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The TSA in charge of elections.

Gawd.

I think I'm ready to die now, this place has gotten too stupid for me to live in.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: olaru12

www.nytimes.com...

Why...of course it'll be Trump's fault.
Thank you so much for that, olaru.

You're welcome. Trump running his mouth is likely to bring down some heat. It's his own fault.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This first broke publicly in NYTs on Aug. 3
This has been in the works for awhile prior to that.
I will ask that you, my friends here, will begin to see, that what is taking place is real.
It is no longer what if, maybe or it could happen.

Buck

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

you reckon that's why they bought all them bullets a couple of years ago, getting ready for this election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join