It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New " Wow " Signal, Arecibo Message And Chilbolton Crop Circle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This possible new " Wow " signal which has been monitored originates from The Constellation Of Hercules.Globular Star Cluster M13.

This is the Star Cluster we sent the " Aricebo Message " to in 1974. For those not aware of the " Aricebo Message " details are here:-

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2001 a crop circle appeared in Chilbolton Wiltshire England next to a radar dish. The crop circle supposedly depicted a reply to the " Arecibo Message " Details here.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

All of this is just speculative but maybe of interest.

Had to do this post in a rush as i have a pressing engagement.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow! Interesting that this signal is coming from the same area we sent the Aricebo message to! Maybe there's something to it!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's a blurb, but still very interesting , I guess everyone else is arguing politics. I didn't know they sent that message in that direction. This post should get some attention.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
M13 cluster is 25,000 light years away, soooooo... our message should get there in about 25,000 years. If there are aliens there to receive the signal AND they can send a reply....

We should get the message in about 50,000 years.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Oh interesting! Perhaps my ride is on time after all

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That's assuming the signal wasnt recieved by something much closer in line of sight of transmitter and intended destination. Unichron, Reapers or Borg ...oh my!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero
You forgot Cylons.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm a bit confused by the title and post, has there recently (2016) been another signal or an update to the last one?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I'm a bit confused by the title and post, has there recently (2016) been another signal or an update to the last one?

Newest 2016: Alien life, or noise? Russian telescope detects 'strong signal' from sun-like star

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
M13 cluster is 25,000 light years away, soooooo... our message should get there in about 25,000 years. If there are aliens there to receive the signal AND they can send a reply....

But this still can be a message send by 'them' 25000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Staroth

Newest 2016: Alien life, or noise? Russian telescope detects 'strong signal' from sun-like star

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And WOW Part2?
I've seen these 2 post with links included.
The confusion was over no link provided to the OP here about the new signal. My bad. It's still very fascinating nonetheless!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Unless the ET's there 25,000 years into the future can travel in time. Maybe they got the message, figured out where it came from and WHEN and they answered. Think out side the box!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would like to think it would not take an advanced type I or type II civilisation 25000 years to send a message. They would have moved far beyond FTL communications into quantum communications.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

M13 Cluster is about two thirds the distance into The Hercules Constellation. i.e 25,000 light years.

The Arecibo message was sent into that direction, but could have been intercepted by nearer objects into The Hercules Constellation. The nearest star in Hercules is just 20 light years away or so i believe.

I am only a "Layperson " when it comes to cosmology but this may help.

The Arecibo message of 1974, which contained encoded information about the human race, DNA, atomic numbers, Earth's position and other information, was beamed from the Arecibo Observatory radio telescope towards M13 as an experiment in contacting potential extraterrestrial civilizations in the cluster. While the cluster will move through space during the transit time, the proper motion is small enough that the cluster will only move 24 light years, only a fraction of the diameter of the cluster. Thus, the message will still arrive near the center of the cluster

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Double Post

edit on 30-8-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Something else to consider. The Arecibo message was transmitted more that once. See the link. Also on that 1999 Cosmic Call message the moon and several planets were visible from the transmitter while it was being sent out. If and I say If, someone was out in the solar system at the time of transmission they might have thought we were signaling them. And the receiver was broken.

See the Cosmic Call Link.

Puts a different light on the Chilbolton crop circle don't it?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Something else to think about, Do you think that more advanced civilizations would
still be using radiowaves for comm. ?? like we still use smoke signals...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is a conflation of TWO stories which if related, need to be ironed out by someone who knows the specifics.

The latest signal came from a star in the direction of the Hercules constellation only 95 light years away.

The 70's signal was aimed at a destination 25,000 light years away.

Could have it been spotted by the star 95 light years away? Without an expert this is all speculation connecting these two stories.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is there some reason we don't use lasers to send these messages?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is pretty cool to know with this extra added tidbit in the mix. It so easy to think of the possibilities if you can get yourself beyond thinking others are stuck with the same limitations we are.
I'm pretty sure there are possibilities out there even beyond our imaginations that are already in play and have even become as old school as the original phone.

With this in mind, even though we think there may be a time limitation from our viewpoint, doesn't mean there is from theirs.

Lol the message we sent could be sitting in one of their museums now for all we know

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join