It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoth / Futhark Runes in Coloured Digital Format - looking to expand on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Some time ago whilst looking at the jagged design of both Futhark and Thoth Runes, I wondered if all of Thoth's runes could be converted into digital form from a single template.

An example to follow would be how the numbers 1234567890 can all be constructed from a standard digital 8.

After some playing around, all but 1 (Jera - J) of Thoth's runes can be digitized. It turns out that there are 23 parts.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know what was the value of 2^23. To my surprise is equals 8388608. Now here is the weird part; 2^24-1 == 16^6-1 = 16777215

Now I am sure every computer programmer out there notices that popular number as the maximum value for standard colors in long number format. 16777215 is commonly shown as #ffffff in Hexadecimal format.

So this got me thinking, what if every Thoth rune has a color related to it as well.

With the following 23 part template, I merged it with a standard color box and started to select certain parts to create the runes.

By comparing the binary template with each rune, its possible to construct a unique color in terms of Red Green Blue for each rune.

A - 8 49 208 - Ansuz
B - 128 49 216 - Berkana
C/K - 0 16 8 - Kenaz
D - 176 55 0 - Dagaz
E - 25 55 0 - Ehwaz
F - 136 33 24 - Fehu
G - 0 0 53 - Gebo
H - 57 51 17 - Hagalaz
I - 8 33 144 - Isa
J - 132 4 2 - Jera
L - 8 49 0 - Laguz
M - 185 55 0 - Mannaz
N - 98 24 4 - Nauthiz
O - 160 20 10 - Othala
P - 160 33 240 - Perthro
R - 32 49 216 - Raidho
S - 128 196 40 - Sowilo
T - 66 8 14 - Teiwaz
U/V - 41 49 0 - Uruz
W - 8 33 216 - Wunjo
X - 136 49 16 - Thurisaz
Y - 70 8 6 - Eihwaz
Z - 66 28 0 - Algiz
NG - 160 20 106 - Ingwaz

A = 110100000011000100001000 in binary, 13644040 when converted to decimal and in hex color form it is #0831D0

The following picture shows where all of Thoth's' Runes would be positioned in terms of its color.

So taking it one step further its possible to see what ATS would look like. Here we have the initial uncleaned ATS title.

Here it is cleaned.

In reference to Futhark runes ATS means the following...
A - ANSUZ: References the ancestral god, Odin
T - TEIWAZ: Tyr the Sky god
S - SOWILO: The Sun

Well there you go, a perfect summary for ATS. The Ancient God, in the Sky as enlightening as the Sun.

Now I am not sure if the actual color should be viewed as a color of the Visible Spectrum hence each rune has a natural Resonant Frequency as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Can you tell me anything about these runes?
Years ago, I posted this thread about an ancient stone bowl I purchased.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is carved with mysterious runes...and even after 20 pages, ATS expertise was not able to place or translate them.

As you've made a study, can you tell me if these runes are Futhark?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Those are celtic runes. Why do you call them "thoth"? Futhark, okay maybe germanic and norse, but Egyptian?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
They look similar to Futhark looking at the O - OTHALA rune and P - PERTHRO.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I've noticed some similarities, as well. Thank you.
I'm sorry...I don't want to take your thread off track.
edit on 30-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Those are celtic runes. Why do you call them "thoth"? Futhark, okay maybe germanic and norse, but Egyptian?

If you look at the Thoth Emerald Tablets you will notice a lot of similar runes.

Now, Egyptian runes came first, then the rune writing naturally spread and changed slightly when the Celts started writing runes.

Futhark took the Egyptians runes further by adding value to the Reverse types as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha You've done a great job.A tough one and continuous. Yet if you had the chance to ponder on the web of wyrd instead, you would abandon your project as obsolete.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha You've done a great job.A tough one and continuous. Yet if you had the chance to ponder on the web of wyrd instead, you would abandon your project as obsolete.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You do know that the emerald tablet is a hoax from 1945? A lovecraft plagiarism like the necronomicon.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You do know that the emerald tablet is a hoax from 1945? A lovecraft plagiarism like the necronomicon.

In that case i will just stick with Futhark runes then.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

If you look at the Thoth Emerald Tablets you will notice a lot of similar runes.

Now, Egyptian runes came first, then the rune writing naturally spread and changed slightly when the Celts started writing runes.

Futhark took the Egyptians runes further by adding value to the Reverse types as well.

I'm gonna say what nobody wants to hear.

They both have roots in Atlantis...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
I'm gonna say what nobody wants to hear.

They both have roots in Atlantis...

True. Its just shame that there is no real physical evidence to prove that.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign

The wyrd stuff does my head in but if you know the language it's just something you have to deal with.

And try to explain to people.. that is the difficult part.

new topics

top topics

join