It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone like USA culture?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I like looking at hot vapid sluts in the media and drinking all our wonderful beer....

Er, no. Your beer sucks. Hell most of our does too. I dig Polish and Dutch beers. The only US beer I would drink is Colt 45... because I'm broke and thirsty.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I love the food. Although i understand it's probably the worst cuisine (health wise) you could ever put in your mouf.

Bbq, cheese burgers hot dogs , pizza.. Hell yea.

Also the music. The Brits may have perfected it but we started it. Rock n roll, the blues , jazz....

Other than that though... I guess it depends on what you want out of life. In some ways we are awesome and in other ways we are Sodom and Gomorrah wrapped in one.. But. If that's what you're in to...

Oh and the naysayer above me reminded me of my favorite... Our beer!!!

Like we turned coke into crack, we took puny beers and made true art . Maybe I'm biased ... Lol

Also whiskey . Enough said.

a reply to: makemap

edit on 29-8-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Try Steel Reserve.

American beers are OK when your goal is to slam brews. If you want to actually taste your beer or, God forbid, tie one on, look elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The US is far too expansive to distill down a singular notion of "culture". For example, how often with someone in Wisconsin or Seattle attend a dance where everyone is drinking and dancing the cumbia? Where else in the US do you find the brisket as the standard staple picnic fare? Where im from I can, just at random in the street, say, "Come on everybody say Sap-sap-sapo!!!" and can likely have someone respond with "Sap-sap-sapo!!!!" So, so many good times watching the senoritas dance to La Sombra.

Ever had someone rub a hurt spot and say “Sana sana colita de rana. Dame un besito para hoy y mañana”? LOL...tail of the toad?!? How often you see a baby with a piece of red thread on its forehead?

Yeah, we have a pretty unique culture. And every other part of the US can say the same thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Are you taking into account the Amrican craft beer scene?

Because we are making some killer flavorful and way high alcohol content beers .

"America Beer" is not what it was even 10 years ago.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

link   
The days of crappy US beer ended with the microbrew revolution.

Now you can find amazing beers brewed in your own home state.

The big national brands? yeah, they mostly suck. Good to chase down some food with...but the flavor just falls flat.

link   

Is that you Billy?

Back in the 70's the BC breweries went on strike damn near every other SUMMER. Smart really. We imported MDG. PBR. Olympia. Etc. I drank wine. Sorry. I'll see if we can get Steel Reserve though. Love a good beer.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I beg to differ good Sir,
Our craft beer community has exploded the last few years. We have many many absolutely fantastic beers.

The days of Bud, Miller and Coors are long gone.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It may be better to say that We like what US culture used to be, undoubtedly there are still some small town part's of america with strong community's that care about there people but I think that it is universally fair to say for us outsider's and for most US citizen's as well that we all hate the global corporate police state that is subverting national culture's including the US culture and pushing agenda's which are not compatible with our moral code's and national self image's.

We love what America Represented but not what it has come to represent under corrupt politician's and corporate mafia controlled agency's.
So were the American culture survives (that culture best shown at the turn of the 19th and 20th century's and after WW2 were poverty was almost unheard of and the people of the US (the Real US is it's people after all) were able to attain there dream's or at least better themselves and provide a future for there family's, that America with it's tight knit but dynamic community's both of which fell to corruption and corporate greed in the Wallstreet crash of the 20's and then the Corporate monopolization of the 80's, 90 and up to today, well we all loved and it is fair to say the world envied that America.

But the US has become just like the world those immigrant's who founded it had fled, the wealthy are now the only one's that can realistically realize there dream's and the mass of it's population are now a great downtrodden wage slave culture or stratified self identifying class system's and regional inequality's.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

edit on 29-8-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I beg to differ good Sir,
Our craft beer community has exploded the last few years. We have many many absolutely fantastic beers.

The days of Bud, Miller and Coors are long gone.

No. You're beer sucks! Everyone knows that. It's like maidens water. Very watered down. Plus you can't get drunk on it. It's ok on a hot day to drink water though.
Your cigarettes smell like dog # too, seriously!

I

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans
You did not start the music!
We have the Rolling Stones, Beatles, led Zeppelin, the who, Elton John, the bee gees and so many others to boast about . Those are truly iconic Rock kings ... ,Legends

You have Michael Jackson (the greatest, you excelled there!) and nobody else really comes to mind. Kiss sucks big time!

I should say I do love your Motown music. The black singers are the best

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: SteamyJeans
You did not start the music!
We have the Rolling Stones, Beatles, led Zeppelin, the who, Elton John, the bee gees and so many others to boast about . Those are truly iconic Rock kings ... ,Legends

Which were influenced by Buddy Holly. Jerry Lee Lewis. Little Richard. Etc. The first 2 British Invasions, so to speak, were awesome but they WERE based off of American blues. A fact.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
We really didn't have an American invasion of music. Had no idea who those artist you mentioned even were. I came from close to where the Beatles are from , so I'm wondering how they were influenced. I think they were original . Maybe later on like Zeppelin were influenced . The Beatles no.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
The Beatles no.

The Beatles too.

They credit Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Carl Perkins as influences.

Of Presley, Lennon said, "Nothing really affected me until I heard Elvis. If there hadn't been Elvis, there would not have been the Beatles."

edit on 29-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Don't get me wrong. Damn near ALL of my favorite music is British. Beyond the obvious.... Uriah Heep. Tull. Queen and DP are my fav's with Sabbath as a backup. It ALL comes from American blues though. The Beatles did Chicago blues. The Stones went Delta.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Steel Reserve isn't good beer LMAO.

In Florida, it is what the homeless drink.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

I wouldn't consider media as a culture. But, more like possible propaganda or promotion. Every nations uses the media. Have nothing to do with culture really, more like just senseless entertainment or not. You don't live on it everyday unlike food or clothes. Something like shadow puppet theater on the hand is something different. If your taking about ads, it is just corporate culture.
edit on 29-8-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

This what is meant by rural/urban divide.

Many rural areas still cling to better days and Obama resents that too (called us bitter clingers he did).

But BFFT is correct ... there are just so many regional flavors of America that it's a little bit different in every corner.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Loved reading your rural tale-I have it in the south- it's not for me. Being American is great but I long for a slower paced, genteel culture.

I've always wanted to live in the tropics-that song Bali Hai took me away. I want a laid back-under a palm tree-cool breeze and lots of fresh fruit, men in loincloths and everyone has a natural tan. Old Hawaii-type culture. Where I can still have bbq pork and brunswick stew.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join