It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone like USA culture?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What do I mean by culture? No I'm not talking about constitution. That is law. I am talking about the clothes we wear. Dances, food, etc. More like lifestyle.

If you had a choice which culture would you go for instead?

Texas may seem a little different with cowboy and boots compare to cities like New York, but those stuff cost a lot of resources in real life. Please do not include Asian food or multiculturalism as American because they are in fact not.

If a culture has certain dominance which one would you go for other than American?

Cars do not count as a culture. They are just mere transportation. Motor sporting is what you are looking at(NASCAR, Formula F1, etc). Though it wastes fuel.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I'm counter culture, my mood is iconoclastic, I knock everything.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Did you mean "culchur" or "kulchure"?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
What do I mean by culture? No I'm not talking about constitution. That is law. I am talking about the clothes we wear. Dances, food, etc. More like lifestyle.

Yes. I like the clothes we wear (sweatpants), dances (twerking) and food (deep fried Twinkies).

I would opt for North Korea since I like their clothes (standard peasant uniform), their dances (twitching on the ground after trying to run through the minefield around the DMZ) and their national dish (dirt).

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think Japan likes American culture, but that's about it.
Oh wait, maybe the Middle East likes Americ- never mind.

edit on 29-8-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I like BBQ, football and tailgating, baseball, picnics, fishing, 4th of July and the sheer variety of things that are on offer. I like fusion cuisines and the language.

So, yes, I do like my way of life.
edit on 29-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yes I like American culture. Especially the entertainment biz. It's how I make my living.

www.sagaftra.org...

and

www.iatse.net...

Union proud, Union strong!

A foreign culture that appeals to me is the Mexican beach culture on the Pacific coast. An amalgamation of hippy, surf, extreme sports, live and let live with the manana style of easy livin and party.
edit on 29-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It was okay (for white people) before 1963.

After they killed Kennedy in an obvious coup d'etat, things went downhill and never recovered, no matter which way I voted. I held out hope there for a while, but I've gotten pretty cynical of late. Just think four to eight years from now, if past is prologue, they're going to have to come up with two somethings even WORSE than Hillary or Donald!!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The whole world loves American culture. Some love Mickey Mouse, others Doris Day, many love MacDonald's and most love Coca Cola. Even the Amish people have a lot of sympathy and the Mormons much respect. And everybody wears Jeans. But we dislike warmongering idiots, gun addicted fools and ignorance. There is so much culture in the USA that I even don't know which one you are talking about. Usually it stems from the multiculturalism of your country. What else could be the base of American culture? Cherokee culture maybe... Yes, I like Cherokee culture.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Non-American loves:

Best part of my year. Even though my team totally sucks right now(See Kaepernick).

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think that if you asked one person from every single town in the USA, what they thought American culture was, they would give a different answer near enough every time. If you asked a different person, from every block in every city, from every farming community, industrial community, fishing community, every different line of work and every different gender and belief and sexuality, what American culture meant, you would get even more different answers.

Given that, there's a chance that there's a good bit that I very much like about American culture. Certainly the fact that there are quite a few on these very boards, who have made a great impression upon me as people over the years, suggests that the culture from which they came must have some merit to it. I have never been to America, but it seems to me that if there can be differences of opinion in my tiny nation, over what it's culture and values really are (and there is significant divergence of opinion on that matter, I can assure you) then it seems that there must be such a great difference of opinion on that matter in a nation as large as the states, that any specific answer I could give to your question, would be rendered useless informationally speaking, or statistically for that matter.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The bit I don't like is where people in the US decide what their culture is and is not
It strikes me that free choice doesn't exist

If I want to assume your cars are your culture
Asian God, not allowed
Multiculturalism, sorry you said no I can't

Bit strange the dictato attitude I eat from US people most every where, not for me

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's a frickin anomaly. Like in MIB. "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." It's true. I've been to the States many times. The most beautiful, hospitable people I've met. Once it gets to a commonality though all that goes out the window.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
American culture is largely what I would call Western Culture - the only real difference is some of the foods you eat and the sports you follow. Oh and guns. You guys have an intense, illogical love of guns.

And based on that, given that I am western, I love our culture. But it is currently being hijacked by opposing extremes. At one end you have liberalists whom don't seem to understand the boundaries between common sense and decency and want to make anything and everything mainstream without giving any consideration whatsoever to the majority vs the conservatives who seemingly want to slam the door shut to diversity of any kind and take us back to the days of heterosexual only white men rule the world while women are at home having babies and everyone else is a slave.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Texas may seem a little different with cowboy and boots compare to cities like New York, but those stuff cost a lot of resources in real life. Please do not include Asian food or multiculturalism as American because they are in fact not.

If a culture has certain dominance which one would you go for other than American?

Cars do not count as a culture. They are just mere transportation. Motor sporting is what you are looking at(NASCAR, Formula F1, etc). Though it wastes fuel.

Saying you like or dislike American culture is like saying you have only one opinion of Africa. America is super diverse and most of our culture is fusion of some sort. I think it might be more effective to ask about state culture, instead.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I hear we're big in Japan.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh, and Burger King. The Whopper is the best fast food sandwich.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not twerking if there's no risk.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There's an all important dividing line in American culture: rural versus urban. I DESPISE American urban culture. To me there's little difference between that and urban culture seen around the world.

America's rural culture, however, is fairly unique to the US and Canada. That's the culture of hunting, fishing, football, watching 'rasslin on Monday nights, NASCAR, Carhardts, camo caps, cold cans of beer, always carrying some manner of hunting knife, truck nuts, singing "Rocky Mountain High" along to John Denver on the radio, piss drunk and off key, knowing every episode of MASH, Married with Children, and Roseanne by heart, knowing which store in town takes 3 full days to process a check so you can buy some eats when you're broke and it's still 2 days before payday, having a family member with at least one tasteless drunken tattoo, possessing a photo of yourself from when you were 10 years old and are sporting a mohawk mullet and wearing a tiny wife beater with a fishing pole in one hand and a stringer of fish in the other, having at least one arrowhead, animal skull, or antique marble you found on the backside of the property you grew up on as a kid and considering it a very treasured possession, experiencing the joy of pissing off the side of your porch, owning dogs that spend their whole lives outdoors, owning a pair of dress boots, black carhardt britches, and a western cut shirt for fancy occassions, learning how to drive a stick before your 12th birthday, appreciation of real silence, watching stars on a cloudless night, going to Friday night HS football games even when you don't know a damn soul that's playing in the game, automatically distrusting anyone who's associated with any federal agency, hauling trash to the county dump and stopping at the little pile of still serviceable goodies that folks recognized could be of use to somebody just to see if there's anything you need, getting super excited when the state fair time is approaching, getting excited when you're gonna visit the city for a day, then feeling like next time you have to visit the city will be far too soon for your liking when the day is over and you're leaving that hell, not being bothered or even remotely insulted when somebody calls you a "redneck."

Yeah, I love Rural American culture. It's slowly being killed by "enlightened" globalism and urbanites with their horsecrap... but we'll sure as hell not die out completely because we are the human equivalent of cockroaches.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I like looking at hot vapid sluts in the media and drinking all our wonderful beer and this:

This is the Bacon Chili Steak-which and this is American culture in all its glory

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join