It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ATC for Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho in the 70's talks about seeing ufo's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This incident is going back to the 1970's time period. This former Air Traffic Controller then opens up about his ufo sightings on or near the Mountain Home Air Force Base area.

I was an air traffic controller at Mountain Home Air Force Base (AFB) from 1973 through 1976 and saw numerous UFO’s, but knew it was a waste to report them. I had no desire to go to the base hospital and enter into a conversation as to whether I loved my mother.
Just another example of the stigma of reporting a ufo that still exists, especially in the area of Pilots/Military personnel.

source link 1

In the second sighting post related to the first post he talks more about a hovering ufo that he watched over a runway. The object hovered with no sound. He was able to get to about 300 feet from the glowing object which then took off in an instant into the sky. After being questioned about the incident several times he was told not to talk about it anymore.

The very next day I was being question by a special investigation team as to what I had seen. I was told later it was seen by the Mountain Home AFB tower personnel as well as Boise airport tower and all radar equipment. I was questioned several more times and then was told I was not to mention it anymore, that it was a SR-71 Blackbird and was a secret takeoff. (It sounded like a cover story to me.) I have seen an SR-71 take off and it does not fly as fast as that object did, nor does it hover. I have never read nor heard any more of this incident since it happened. I would be interested if any other information can be found out about this incident.

source link 2
edit on 29pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Perhaps one of our aviation experts can come forward to explain this sighting by an experienced military air traffic controller and why he was debriefed the very next day by a special investigating team. Golly Gee! I thought the government had given up investigating UFO reports! They said that they did. Some day I would like our aviation experts to explain to us how the many UFO sightings over Minute Man silos have not been subject to public investigations up to and including Congressional hearings. Naw! To much to dream for. It won't happen.

I read something yesterday in a book by John Mack the author of "Abduction," the definitive book on alien abductions. The previous owner of the book had crudely written in the flyleaf: "Technology: The cause of modern myths." That is the method by which you shall know them.

edit on 29-8-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
My brother was ATC at Mt. Home for a bit maybe late 80's. Was ATC for 8 or 9 years total. Told me about clearing the tower of others and "the big black jets" would take off.

Told me a story of his first encounter with the stealths. Transponder thing showed up on the radar screen but there was nothing showing up as being there.

If I think about it I will shoot him a text later and ask if he ever saw or heard of anything unusual.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wow this is only 35 miles from me! Too cool!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I think the SR-71 has been overused to explain unusual reports. Aside from its role as a high-altitude craft, it was very loud. If one was to cruise over an AFB at near stall speed, it'd be obvious to anyone on the base; the engines would be unmistakably engines. I read an interview with a pilot who said it was over a 100db in the cockpit alone.

Quite a few US AFBs had mystery guests in the mid-70s. It was during this period when northern AFBs had a spate of mystery helicopter intrusions. For example, Loring AFB had black helis (no lights) hovering over weapons facilities which were never identified. They were sometimes pursued and were always lost from sight. It's possible (or probable) they were CIA, or similar, testing their own tech against the security of the bases.

There were UFO sightings over at Malmstrom AFB in November 75 that included radar and bright lights. Considering it was the beginning of the decline of the UFO reports, those few years were quite busy. Here are some examples.

top topics

join