It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Nothing to Nothing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So Atheists...

Let me ask a few thought exerciser questions here....?

I'm a person of Faith. No, I don't believe everything written in the Good Book, lock stock and barrel literally. But, I'm a man of Faith in that as far as I'm concerned there is a supreme being, entity, Great spirit, Master builder...etc etc etc. However one cares to relate or describe it. No, I have chosen a very long time ago never to push my beliefs on others. I'm open to discuss but never attempt to force my beliefs down others throats. I respect those who believe otherwise.

Now, Scientifically speaking, of course.

Since there is no after life, and "We" were just the result of some random cosmic genetic lottery. Are you comfortable with the concept that our consciousness came from nothing before we were born and that after our Deaths we will simply blink out and nothing more?

If so, Then, wouldn't you agree that our finite amount of time here could be said to be very special in that you are presently totally animated, aware of your surroundings, able to think about things beyond Earth and envision multi dimensions?

You are after all a 'Higher Life form" with that regards. Do you imagine a time when we will be able (Given enough time) through various scientific advancements to eventually, one day not only live forever but also eventually come so far as to be a creative force and duplicate that which we ourselves were evolved from, complete with a set of genetic coding and spacial awareness and the medium within which to evolve?

If we were to eventually recreate that which we came from complete with all the supporting parameters wouldn't we then be 'The Creators" in a sense?

edit on 29-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This is why I consider suicide an even FAR greater sin among atheists than Christians. At least Christians still live on to be punished for it in hell. If you are believer of atheism then you believe this is the only chance you'll get, thus you should make it want to count. Ending it early isn't "making it count."
edit on 29-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sadly science doesn't do supernatural unless its dark matter or anti-matter but then its only to make their math fit .

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Sadly science doesn't do supernatural unless its dark matter or anti-matter but then its only to make their math fit .

Sometime in the future, science and the supernatural will intersect and we will begin to have a great "epiphany" about many of the mysteries surrounding life, death, life after death, etc.

At this point, I am comfortable sitting on the fence. I don't know if there is a higher power/creator, but I will not say there isn't one either.

We will just have to wait and see.
edit on 29-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If you think about it, there is no such thing as the "supernatural", because everything in the universe is natural. In reality things are either known about by humans or unknown. Labeling something "supernatural" because we don't understand what is really going on is a cheap cop-out, but then when we DO end up understanding processes scientifically to the point they are normal, people choose to believe the supernatural explanations anyways.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Now, Scientifically speaking, of course.

Since there is no after life, and "We" were just the result of some random cosmic genetic lottery. Are you comfortable with the concept that our consciousness came from nothing before we were born and that after our Deaths we will simply blink out and nothing more?

Yep, more than comfortable. I've thought I was going to die a few times in my life and just felt sad thinking I'd never see the people I love again.
*Edit to add* It is why I do my best to stay alive lol, I enjoy being alive and this perception of existence I have right now. What happens after is meh, because it won't involve the people I love right now, be I worm food or in some celestial heaven or whatever.

If so, Then, wouldn't you agree that our finite amount of time here could be said to be very special in that you are presently totally animated, aware of your surroundings, able to think about things beyond Earth and envision multi dimensions?

Yes, it is exactly why I do my best to be kind and make a difference in the only existence I know I'm perceiving.

You are after all a 'Higher Life form" with that regards. Do you imagine a time when we will be able (Given enough time) through various scientific advancements to eventually, one day not only live forever but also eventually come so far as to be a creative force and duplicate that which we ourselves were evolved from, complete with a set of genetic coding and spacial awareness and the medium within which to evolve?

If we were to eventually recreate that which we came from complete with all the supporting parameters wouldn't we then be 'The Creators" in a sense?

Yep that works for agnostic-atheist me.
Absolutely zero verifiable evidence to support such claims though so, as with gods, I don't believe your creator scenario to be fact. I do not believe it is not fact though, there is no way to verify it either way.

Children are atheist until parents or whoever indoctrinate them. It is learned behaviour.
edit on 29.8.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Great point.

I think many things we presently don't understand scientifically could eventually, when either, the correct scientific methodology is used or developed, many things some presently deemed "Super natural" will be eventually considered just another known aspect of our existence.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is why I don't necessarily disbelieve in things like ghosts, aliens, and the like. There could very well be something going on there that we just can't detect with our current scientific understanding. Though until that understanding is reached I'll remain doubtful.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It took almost something like 2,000 years to prove the existence of the atoms since the first Greek theorized they existed.

So I'm cool with that.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm not an atheist, but I've been accused of one (as a staunch scientist) here. Mind you I am sure I am disqualified as I'm not an atheist

Simple answer, Science has no place in the "super natural" just as faith has no place in science. Thus it may be shown that these are questions science is neither equipped to answer or should give a damn about.

Scientists don't believe in "higher life forms" in the sense you are implying. Similarly there is actually no proof we will "one day live forever". Entropy and all that Jaz

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Children are atheist until parents or whoever indoctrinate them. It is learned behaviour.

I disagree.

I think our children above all others can from their earliest days see beyond our current paradigm.

It's usually either educated or indoctrinated in the 'Real world" out of them/us.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sometime in the future, science and the supernatural will intersect and we will begin to have a great "epiphany" about many of the mysteries surrounding life, death, life after death, etc.
If that is true then we could say that it has always existed but we had not been able to measure it ,or at least label it as such . For me its about seeing the unseen realm while iam here ,although its a faith sight I use . Just like the atoms that were believed to be there but not understood and so developing a understanding gives the beholder the picture .

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that science should give a damn about it. Isn't "sciences " job to question that which we don't understand yet?

This is a crux of which our whole scientific understanding is based opon.

Question something?!

Go about to either prove or disprove it and why, if true, how it functions and break it down further to it's simplest components.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This is why I consider suicide an even FAR greater sin among atheists than Christians. If you are believer of atheism then you believe this is the only chance you'll get, thus you should make it want to count. Ending it early isn't "making it count."

So with the Luciferian elite sending this entire world to their hell in a bread basket via war and global warming, surely, every atheist should have hung the entire elite by now.

Atheists have one chance in life and the current elite have basically terminated their chances of ever finding immortality.

Atheists do nothing about it which is suicide.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes, that was a great point.

a reply to: the2ofusr1

I'm not much the religious or "faith" kind of guy.

"It" may have always existed, but I'll wait till evidence is presented in some fashion, or until I see it myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

How do we measure it? Its that simple. If you can not measure it, it can't be part of science.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Do you have proof of the "Luciferian elite"? I ask, because this sounds very Abrahamic to me, and well my own faith tells me, that we are in cycles, and the Gods are many. Can you disprove my path? Nope? I can't disprove yours. Science does not care. Its not Sciences Job.

Also this is a thread about science.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

How do we measure it? Its that simple. If you can not measure it, it can't be part of science.

Has Science created the correct methodology to "Measure, Analise, Understand, Detect, Quantify" it yet?

No?

The debate is still open in my mind.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I disagree.

I think our children above all others can from their earliest days see beyond our current paradigm.

It's usually either educated or indoctrinated in the 'Real world" out of them/us.

Again, just more unverifiable belief.

You know why children who grow up in Pakistan generally have faith in Islam, children in India Hinduism, Bible belt US Christian?
Learned behaviour.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Again, just more unverifiable belief.

You know why children who grow up in Pakistan generally have faith in Islam, children in India Hinduism, Bible belt US Christian?
Learned behaviour.

I'm not here to defend anyone, or sect, or denomination or faith.

I'm asking if it's possible that "We" will eventfully become the 'Creator of sorts" ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join