It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Headings vs Text - A Possible ME Start Date?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's either a spelling mistake many make or just another way of spelling it.

The most accepted answer is Niagara.
This spelling is attributed to the natives that one time lived in this area. Other variations of the word Niagara included Iagara, Yagero, Niagra, Niagro, and Oneargoragh. Today’s spelling of Niagara is a corruption of these earlier spellings.
www.niagarafallstourism.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Titles are often created by someone other than the copy writer. It stands to reason that the person creating the title (who is primarily a MARKETING person) would be much more likely to make a semantic mistake than the person who actually spent time doing research and writing the article.

Plus, this is a pretty good illustration for how this Mandela stuff got started in the first place. Someone with a misconception perpetuates it, and then someone uses their perpetuation as a "source."

edit on 29-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

If what you say is true then we should find many other examples of a given term that's misspelled in the Heading and correct in the text.

Will you back up what you say by finding a term with many examples that's misspelled in the Heading and correct in the body?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

If what you say is true then we should find many other examples of a given term that's misspelled in the Heading and correct in the text.

Will you back up what you say by finding a term with many examples that's misspelled in the Heading and correct in the body?

What's wrong with the many examples you gave? Why don't they suffice?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So because some names have been misspelled, the obvious conclusion is the Mandella Effect. Makes total sense.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Attention!

Listen up!

Insults and name calling will NOT be tolerated.

Talking about each other is also considered off topic.

Demands for proof, links, sources, etc, are not required in the Skunk works forum. That goes both ways however. No one gets to demand that of anyone here.

Keep it civil and clean. If you can't post something in a civil way, then refrain from posting at all.

If it keeps up, this thread will be shut down.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
That doesn't explain people claiming the great man died in Prison in 1991.

Sure maybe the Berenstain claim, but people not realising Mandela was President of South Africa between 1994 and 1995, is frightening.

Edit- Nice thread all the same.

Hey there, thank you! Yep - this is just an 'ME residue' topic (noting an aspect of the Mandela Effect).

It's not meant to cover the Effect in it's entirety.

Folks disputing his date of passing is a whole 'nother topic.

edit on 29-8-2016 by Pearj because: this post had to change, so I made it something useful.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Titles are often created by someone other than the copy writer. It stands to reason that the person creating the title (who is primarily a MARKETING person) would be much more likely to make a semantic mistake than the person who actually spent time doing research and writing the article.

Plus, this is a pretty good illustration for how this Mandela stuff got started in the first place. Someone with a misconception perpetuates it, and then someone uses their perpetuation as a "source."

The editors I've known have made a spelling mistake in something published about once a year.

Here's a funny thought..

Normally a very well respected organization especially a news organization that is selling "the truth" ..redact or change a story or correct spelling if it changes the meaning..

It's weird when the new york times spells something wrong in about 10 places.... Especially when this is a movie title that is 1 month from release.

it's odd they chose an entirely different word than the movie title.. A word I saw as the preview title..

I'm not seeing a uniform or perfect re writing of history so I suspect I'm seeing a mix of psychological manipulation, and cyber warfare..

I'm not convinced I'm having timeline shifts...
Who knows..
At least some people see even if they don't know.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If it was the ME why wouldn't the spelling have been changed in both the headline and the body of the article?

This is actually evidence of common spelling errors and contradicts the ME theory.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I want to get the same feeling when I see a correct world map.

I haven't found one, so I may have to make one.

Yes please.

Some artwork to accompany your next grasp at straws would be nice.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

If we throw out simple logic and imply it takes someone specialized in computers and electronics then I will tell you no, they are no harder to change than text and it makes no sense.

If we're talking the physical copies then that makes just about as little sense.

I entertain the ME concept but cases like this are obviously a stretch at best.

I don't say this to be ignorant but instead to prevent falsely promoted thoughts.
edit on 29-8-2016 by OfTheVoid46 because: hardyharhar maties!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

It kept happening the heading and url code would stay with the old memory while the actual text body and title would change to the new memory..

That's because changing the URL is more problematic and more work, especially if it's already been distributed. I've had several book reviewers get my last name wrong in the URL where they document their review of my novel, and later apologize to me profusely after correcting it only in the actual copy on the page.

That, plus the fact that the URL and the copy are not always created by the same person.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I know I said I wouldn't post in another ME thread, but this one is just classically hilarious.

As for the editing errors, there are articles all over the place dedicated to the mistakes. A simple google search of "Newspaper editing mistakes" picks up quick a few. I'll link to the first 2 only.

LINK (In this one, the very first one is the newspaper getting its own name wrong!)

LINK
edit on 2982016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
These pictures are just digital representations of real objects and can be easily manipulated. The Mandela Effect will never be proven or even taken seriously if the evidence continues to be derived from the internet.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No - it's not hard to redirect a url.. I've redirected many urls - It's super easy and there's multiple ways to do it too.

a reply to: TerryDon79

No - those examples are nothing like mine.

Examples should match mine - apples to apples.

edit on 29-8-2016 by Pearj because: added TeryDan78

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

The editors I've known have made a spelling mistake in something published about once a year.

Let's assume that is the standard rate at which editors make mistakes, just for the sake of conversation.

If every editor makes two titling mistakes a year, and there are 10,000 editors writing titles (a number I totally just made up because this is skunk works), and the internet keeps things alive for a very long time and makes searching for discrepancies relatively easy....

Well, that equals A LOT of erroneous source material.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21182497]Pearj

No - it's not hard to redirect a url.. I've redirected many urls - It's super easy and there's multiple ways to do it too.

I didn't say it couldn't be done. I've said it was more problematic. Often, it's simply not worth the hassle. For my day job, I work in the IT industry, plus I have hosted more than one semi-successful blog, and I generally just leave the URL as-is even if it contains a mistake unless that mistake is likely to cause me serious problems.

P.S.

What are you talking about with your "apples to apples" comment?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

They're not like yours how?

You showed spelling mistakes. Mine showed spelling mistakes.

Oh, I forgot! Yours "proves the ME" but mine doesn't. How very silly of me.

You just continue to post your "proof" of something that, as you've said yourself, can't be proven and just dismiss anything that counters it.

ETA: I'm out. There's no explaining things logically to these "believers". Just wait, next it will be silly spelling mistakes!

Oh, wait.
edit on 2982016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So, whoever is messing with our timeline went back to 1975 to change the name of Rod Serling in a headline in the Bryan Times, Bryan Ohio, circulation 7,500?

Wouldn't the far more logical explanation be that some underpaid hack in a very tiny market simply screwed up?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

They're not like yours how?

You showed spelling mistakes. Mine showed spelling mistakes.

Oh, I forgot! Yours "proves the ME" but mine doesn't. How very silly of me.

You just continue to post your "proof" of something that, as you've said yourself, can't be proven and just dismiss anything that counters it.

ETA: I'm out. There's no explaining things logically to these "believers". Just wait, next it will be silly spelling mistakes!

Oh, wait.

Oh, he was talking to you with that "apples to apples" comment? His post shows him directing that at me.

Maybe I actually posted those links in another timeline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join