It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'll vote this year, who should I vote for? And Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am 40 years old, male, and live in New Hampshire. I am a single father of a wonderful 8 year old boy. His future is now weighing on my mind these days. I want like all parents want, what will be the best possible future for my son.

I have never really been into politics, know just the basics about politics, am a registered independent voter, but have never actually voted before. With all the hoop-la this year, I have decided that I will indeed cast a vote this year, I have been mulling over whom I should vote for and have been looking for opinions.

These are my view so far:
Donald Trump: Not the medias or anyones ideal choice for a candidate. Outspoken, not "politically correct", but often vilified by the media or anyone in Hollywood. Claims to be the candidate for change but is running under the GOP umbrella. No sure what to think of The Donald, I only watched a few episodes of the celebrity apprentice, but I kind of liked it.

Hillary Clinton: Never really liked her. Like i said was never into politics but remember her under Slick Willy's watch. For some reason, I didn't like her, and that was just my first impression just from seeing her on TV. Not sure what her real political achievements are but i know she has been in politics well after being First Lady, she was a NY senator, ran for the POTUS slot but Obama got it, SOS, now trying to be POTUS again. The name "Clinton" to me for some reason is almost like a crime family name. Throughout my years I have heard numerous theories regarding the Clintons but nothing seemed to stick, always reminded me of Teflon Don.

Johnson/Weld: No clue about theses guys other than Weld. Once i was at a Beanpot game at the old Boston Garden and a few seats over and rows back was then Governor Weld. Seemed like a down to earth guy drinking a beer and watching BC destroy Northeastern.

Anyhow, i really am torn of who to actually vote for. The first time i think i want to and there are no actual candidates who seem worthy enough to get my vote. Could I vote for the Clinton Dynasty, it seems as if its been them or the Bush's pulling the strings for decades now. Could I vote for the Donald? The media and all of Hollywood are telling me not to? But all of my relatives in Kentucky are telling me to vote for him. Or do I say eff it? And vote 3rd party?

I am looking for that one argument that solidifies my vote, whomever side it comes from...all opinions are welcome!!!
edit on 29-8-2016 by Cosmocow because: family info added

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Do your own research, don't be fed by others opinions
Plenty of liars out there

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cosmocow

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. – Winston Churchill

Sit this one out...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Don't vote FOR anyone.....Vote AGAINST the fascist.

Truthfully however, the future for your son looks very bleak. Not because of politics but because the environmental and economic future of the western world is FUBAR.
edit on 29-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

All these candidates are screwy. Vote for who your conscience allows. Take your son with you; you may be surprised at the conversation it sparks and how it effects your vote.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
republicans are using the same policies republicans do, flat taxes and to cut immigration, with or without a wall depending what side of the bed trump woke up on.
throw in the usual scare tactics that democrats will ban guns and make abortions mandatory, and the table is set.
throw in some wild conspiracies rehashed from 2008 et voila.

democrats are using their usual policies, raise taxes on the wealthier, depending what side of the bed clinton wakes up on ttip is either an excellent idea or rubbish.

libertarians still use republican policies as a base, they now believe vaccinations are a good thing however, but still get confused with librarians.

greens still use democratic policies as a base, they want to give native americans money and everyone else a tree each.

the tea party elected a coffee drinker as leader and look to have disappeared.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I thought Johnson/Weld was a good ticket at first. Then I found that Johnson supports open boarders and is for the TPP. Weld is not pro 2nd amendment.

Those three strikes are a deal breaker for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Anyone but Hillary..

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmocow
I am 40 years old, male, and live in New Hampshire. I am a single father of a wonderful 8 year old boy. His future is now weighing on my mind these days. I want like all parents want, what will be the best possible future for my son.

I have never really been into politics, know just the basics about politics, am a registered independent voter, but have never actually voted before. With all the hoop-la this year, I have decided that I will indeed cast a vote this year, I have been mulling over whom I should vote for and have been looking for opinions.

These are my view so far:
Donald Trump: Not the medias or anyones ideal choice for a candidate. Outspoken, not "politically correct", but often vilified by the media or anyone in Hollywood. Claims to be the candidate for change but is running under the GOP umbrella. No sure what to think of The Donald, I only watched a few episodes of the celebrity apprentice, but I kind of liked it.

Hillary Clinton: Never really liked her. Like i said was never into politics but remember her under Slick Willy's watch. For some reason, I didn't like her, and that was just my first impression just from seeing her on TV. Not sure what her real political achievements are but i know she has been in politics well after being First Lady, she was a NY senator, ran for the POTUS slot but Obama got it, SOS, now trying to be POTUS again. The name "Clinton" to me for some reason is almost like a crime family name. Throughout my years I have heard numerous theories regarding the Clintons but nothing seemed to stick, always reminded me of Teflon Don.

Johnson/Weld: No clue about theses guys other than Weld. Once i was at a Beanpot game at the old Boston Garden and a few seats over and rows back was then Governor Weld. Seemed like a down to earth guy drinking a beer and watching BC destroy Northeastern.

Anyhow, i really am torn of who to actually vote for. The first time i think i want to and there are no actual candidates who seem worthy enough to get my vote. Could I vote for the Clinton Dynasty, it seems as if its been them or the Bush's pulling the strings for decades now. Could I vote for the Donald? The media and all of Hollywood are telling me not to? But all of my relatives in Kentucky are telling me to vote for him. Or do I say eff it? And vote 3rd party?

I am looking for that one argument that solidifies my vote, whomever side it comes from...all opinions are welcome!!!

Trump. He will destroy the evangelical conservatives hold on the GOP. Raise min wage and change Obama care to single payer.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sarah Siobhan For President!!
That's one of my dogs and she would be a better choice that either candidate.
edit on 29-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You're 40 and you've never actually voted? And you have a family and an 8 year old male child.

And you've never voted before.

Well, I'm not really sure this is the POTUS race to start in. Both candidates suck.

Do a boat load of research into what's going to be on your ballot this November; the most important races are the down ballot races, particularly those for your US Senator, US Congressional Representative, State Senator and State Representative.

If you want to be PC and mindlessly trendy and all up Progressive, and you love Obama's Presidency, then vote for HRC.

If you lean toward a conservative position and are concerned about preserving your Constitutional Rights? Vote with your feet and move to Idaho because in New Hampshire, you're probably in a dwindling minority of political view.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I thought Johnson/Weld was a good ticket at first. Then I found that Johnson supports open boarders and is for the TPP. Weld is not pro 2nd amendment.

Those three strikes are a deal breaker for me.

How could someone who supports liberty and the Constitution not be for the 2nd amendment? The TPP is complicated and I doubt anyone commenting on it understands, but Johnson is clear he wants open trade. Done right, that would work fine and lift everyone up; libertarians want to remove the taxes and other restrictions that inhibit job creation, especial personal job creation (entrepreneurship), which is as good as it gets. Do you want your children begging for jobs from bosses, or making their own according to their interests and skill sets?

And it's 'open borders' but be that as it may, Johnson advocates giving immigrants who want to work here work visas and letting them do the jobs that Americans obviously don't want, like picking vegetables in the hot sun (a job that needs to be done if you want to eat, by the way); they would pay SS tax into the system, but not receive it back out again unless they became citizens by the usual criteria. I don't have any problem with that, as long as they are vetted as to past criminal behavior. Your average farm worker is not smuggling millions of $ of drugs...

Please do your due diligence and stop repeating falsehoods that misrepresent the libertarian point of view. Johnson and Weld are a far cry better than Clinton and Trump - for one thing, they haven't bought and paid for the MSM coverage like the other two crime families have.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Vote for your own sons future, and get away from any cities. (Howdy from maine!)

There's not a single good option running. Anyone who supports the TPP (Isn't that everyone now?) isn't for the people.

Hillary has been sticking her fingers in the bumholes of high up people for ages, and has everyone trying to get her up top- she owes everyone favors and will quite literally have people killed if they stand in her way. She's probably going to start a war with russia- if not a civil war within our own borders. Just find a list of things she's said to people and not crowds fr all the reasons yo'd need to hate her.

I'm undecided on this trump guy- he's mouthy and quick to react- might be a nice change of pace, but might also start WW3.
Also, he doesn't seem to have any clear cut policies. It's been suggested he's only running as a joke, or to get the attention. Neither would surprise me.

Third parties- I've not looked at them. I'm told Johnson is someone I'd like, but the only thing I've read about him is he's pro-TPP, which means he's anti-me.

Honestly, it's looking bleak. Not the best year to take up voting.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

"Johnson and Weld are a far cry better than Clinton and Trump - for one thing, they haven't bought and paid for the MSM coverage like the other two crime families have."

Quoted for truth.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

So you don't think i should have a voice or say in this election?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No i have never voted for POTUS. I voted in some local elections when I lived in Massachusetts, but never felt the need to vote for POTUS when I lived there, we all know which way that state goes...just look back to McGovern back in the 70's...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
vote for me, I'll tell you lies if that will help.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Always vote for who you want. Don't vote for who I want or anyone else wants.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would suggest this website where you answer questions regarding issues and it tells you who your values and beliefs most line up with. www.isidewith.com...

Why take someone else's opinion when what really matters are your salient beliefs?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Vote for Trump, i am getting sick and tired of this world, maybe he can speed things up a bit?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join