It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting logged out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Everytime I leave a page on here I get logged out when I return.

For example if I click a link or if I open a new tab to search for something, I wish to add to a thread, I'm logged out.

I'm not inclined to add to threads anymore since I keep getting logged out and losing my half written post I was making, I'm back in the login page, having to search for the thread I was in .

I'm on iPad using safari

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I don't have logged out problems, but the site lately takes aeons to load, I often get timed out before my answer gets posted etc.
I don't know a year ago it ran much smoother, then there were several attacks and now it bugs a bit.

And now that I complained about it everything runs perfectly. The great AI in the skies must have read it too

edit on 29-8-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Not sure...Ive hardly ever intentionally logged out-ever. Im always logged on to many of my daily sites. Let us know what you do find out.

Sounds like perhaps youve caught some Maleware...or some long, loooonnnngg running scripts. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It sounds browser related more than site related to me. Obvious causes can be private browsing, won't stay logged in. Auto clean cookies on shutdown, not sure about Safari but that can happen on other browsers. Seems weird it happens when changing tabs though...

I did find this though, it might help.

Keep in mind not all websites allow you to stay logged in without activity including Apple Support Communities.

If you are actively using a website and still get logged out, go to your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data.

Quit and relaunch Safari. If the same thing happens again, you may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict.

It's easy to troubleshoot. From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab.

Uninstall one extension at a time, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Safari keeps logging me out

Hope it helps.

edit on 29-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I would suggest using Chrome for iOS, I use it on my iPad and iPhone and it works great.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Thanks but I think that is more related to using a MacBook. I don't have those options.

I've not been private browsing.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks. I don't believe an iPad can catch a malware. Even so if I've ever gone to a site I felt funny about, I've cleared my cache immediately.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Thanks. Ok I'll try Chrome. I have that installed , I just prefer safari.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Chrome is working, not logging me out.
Thanks for all the help guys

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
ARRRRGH! I've been getting logged out when I leave ATS on both my computer and my phone. Now I just got logged out, like the OP, after hitting the "post" button....

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Sounds like a browser issue AB, try Chrome, it's all I use on ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Sigh. Not a Chrome fan. I may have to though!

Thanks!!

top topics

join