It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i AM a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Putting this here because I can't do anything but laugh at myself at this point...

So. It's late at night, I have to be up in a few hours for work, and I'm looking on Amazon for books on alien abductions.
Yep.
I'm clicking around, planning on purchasing Communion by Whitley Streiber, and I'm offered $50.00 for applying for the Amazon Credit Card. I figure what the hell, I probably won't be approved because I just have a minimum wage job, owe money on college, etc.
I'm instantly approved for $500.00 credit.
I didn't want it, but there was no way to reverse what I did... the damage was done. I googled for a while how to not get this card since all I wanted to do was see what it was all about. I'm still not sure why I decided to press "Continue" or why I even did this late on a Sunday night.

Now I'm sitting here laughing at myself because I'm so tired and stressed over the tiniest things hahahahahha

Guess I have an Amazon Card now

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
Communion by Whitley Streiber

It's a wonderful read!

About the CC. Just..uhh..don't use it? Or cancel it?

Or you can do like me and drown yourself in purchases that'll take you 2 years to pay off.

edit on 28-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

Got the credit, well I know it is really hard but try not to spend it until you know you can pay it back, starting to live on credit is a very bad decision that this world seem's to be dead set on forcing young people to do (catch em while they are young seem's to be the unspoken corporate motto).
You sound young so have your whole life ahead of you and a great future, I feel it but there are always barriers and hurdles.
Chin up and keep on, don't be afraid to change direction it get's a lot harder to do so when you get older and I know this world put's too much responsibility on young shoulders but YOU ARE NOT A JOKE.

edit on 28-8-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow thank you BOTH for your responses! I feel relieved now. I am young - 21 - and was drawn in by a deal too good to be real hahha
I'll be taking a few days to think over what I want to do with it.. my biggest fears are the fees I'll be charged. I'm still laughing at myself, though, because this is a mistake I never thought I'd be making when I'm supposed to be getting some sleep before work

What can ya do.

Again, thanks for the responses!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You got the card...use it...run it up to the max ($500 right?) and old Don Mc Trump will make amerika great again and you will find a job that fits your education and make an above average wage.

A fairy tale...a american fairy tale.

Spend it anyway...what are they going to do to you? Send you to Vietnam?

Cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
my biggest fears are the fees I'll be charged

My first CC was a bit scary too. Thought it was like selling my soul.

It's not THAT bad. Just make regular payments and don't go overboard with spending.

The scariest thing is when your income source is unreliable. How long have you had the same job? How long are you likely to have it?

As long as you have a consistent income, fear not. In fact, you'll build good credit for when you need it...

edit on 28-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

I here ya, I was buying and selling on ebay a couple years ago and got kicked off (had no negative feedback.), I had to keep $1500 in merchandise. Who knows fate is mysterious you may really need something from amazon and be glad you had it, if not don't use it. Credit is a chain that will shackle you to financial slavery, you should buy silver and gold while its on a slight downtick(only what you can afford to save long-term 3-10 years).

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The golden rule of credit cards and credit accounts...

If you're not able to pay for what you want in cash... you shouldn't pay for it with credit cards.

You're 21... young... might think you know everything. Protect your credit.

top topics

join