It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
ATS needs a roast forum

Ooooooo do me, do me

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: crazyewok

I just got done looking him up...

Personally, I wouldn't get any where near him. I know my temper...and he'd exceed all safety limits. ***POW!!!***

That sort of "comedy" just isn't my cup of tea...

Best not go near Frankie Boyle then. He makes Carr look PC....

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
No I agree jokes about killing ones self are tasteless, my point was more about this narrative that she was invited and then ambushed because she is a Trump supporter.

I didn't watch the roast, I haven't in some time, but I doubt she was the only one that took some jokes that some might see as crossing the line.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
No I agree jokes about killing ones self are tasteless, my point was more about this narrative that she was invited and then ambushed because she is a Trump supporter.

I didn't watch the roast, I haven't in some time, but I doubt she was the only one that took some jokes that some might see as crossing the line.

Fair enough - I agree it's highly unlikely she was attacked because she supports Trump. It's more likely to do with the fact she is a lunatic. Even so the 'kill yourself' comment to her was uncalled for.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
ATS needs a roast forum

Ooooooo do me, do me

Perfect for the Mud Pit

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
...and there is no excuse for telling a woman, ever, that she should kill herself

But it's ok to tell that to a man?

Why do you imply it's worse to tell that to a woman? Why didn't you say, "There's no excuse for tell a person..." ?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I just got done looking him up...

Personally, I wouldn't get any where near him. I know my temper...and he'd exceed all safety limits. ***POW!!!***

That sort of "comedy" just isn't my cup of tea...

yeh right. You'd hit him, huh? Because you find his comedy offensive?

What law is there that someone can't be offended? None.

What law is there that says a person cannot hit another because of what they say? Several.

Grow up, child.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't think we could even put up much of his genius on this forum may get banned lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: mobiusmale
...and there is no excuse for telling a woman, ever, that she should kill herself

But it's ok to tell that to a man?

Why do you imply it's worse to tell that to a woman? Why didn't you say, "There's no excuse for tell a person..." ?

Because, generally at an emotional level, women and men are vastly different. Men find it easier to brush off things like that. Women are more sensitive to negative emotions.
edit on 28/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So you're saying women are weaker than men and should be treated as such?

Fascinating.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So you're saying women are weaker than men and should be treated as such?

Fascinating.

No, that's not what I said.
I said women are generally more sensitive to negative emotions. That is not a sign of weakness. In many ways it's a sign of strength.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Man you extrapolated a lot of seagulls post that really didn't say anything you said.

I highly doubt seagull was offended to the point that he wanted to punch him, but probably just didn't care for him much.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: noonebutme

Man you extrapolated a lot of seagulls post that really didn't say anything you said.

I highly doubt seagull was offended to the point that he wanted to punch him, but probably just didn't care for him much.

Ok, so why not say, "I don't care for that brand of humour? " WHat does "I know my temper...and he'd exceed all safety limits" mean? He was now no longer "safe"? He was under threat?

What does ***POW!!!*** mean? Did seagull just burst like a balloon? No, i think it was clear he mean he'd hit him.

The POINT I was making in all this, was you bunch of sissys complaining that his brand of humour, telling Ann Coulter (and let's face it, she is a piece of sh*t of a human being) in a joke that she should kill herself, got many of you all bothered an upset.

Yet it's perfectly fine for you same "offended" people, to threaten violence at the same type of joke you complain about?

Yes, perfectly fine and rational.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I said women are generally more sensitive to negative emotions. That is not a sign of weakness. In many ways it's a sign of strength.

So because of that "strength", it's not ok to joke about killing themselves -- but men, who, apparently are cool with that type of joke, it's fine.

I'm sure there are a) several women on ATS who would disagree that they are more sensitive than men to negative emotions and b) plenty of men who are more sensitive to women on said topic.

I still think your comment, that one should treat women different to men when it comes to misplaced humour very outdated.

Also, Ann Coulter, if you have seen that harpy speak, is..."not" a sensitive women, in my opinion. Jimmy Carr's joke was no doubt something she hears on a regular basis.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim
What embarrassingly dishonest fake outrage. Ann Coulter has:

- Said that we should execute people for the purpose of "intimidating liberals"
- Advocated for invading all non-Christian countries, executing their leaders, and forcibly converting them to Christianity
- Defended the terrorist actions of Timothy McVeigh, suggesting he should've killed even more people
- Suggested all Arabs should be spied on and that torture should be televised as a sport

She volunteered to be a part of this roast, which puts a (metaphorical!) target on her back. One would hope she is not terribly thin-skinned considering the vile hatred she spews at every turn. And in all honesty, I don't give you or your ilk on ATS the benefit of the doubt on this crap anymore. I am rather certain that you all know you're lying and misrepresenting facts in order to buttress what is, at the end, a hateful agenda that walks progress in the US back by half a century or more. Thankfully, the overwhelming odds are that you all are going to lose terribly in November in what will be known as a de facto referendum on this kind of sickness, so you might as well start enhancing your victim narrative now.

*slow clap*

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So because of that "strength", it's not ok to joke about killing themselves -- but men, who, apparently are cool with that type of joke, it's fine.

I'm sure there are a) several women on ATS who would disagree that they are more sensitive than men to negative emotions and b) plenty of men who are more sensitive to women on said topic.

I still think your comment, that one should treat women different to men when it comes to misplaced humour very outdated.

Also, Ann Coulter, if you have seen that harpy speak, is..."not" a sensitive women, in my opinion. Jimmy Carr's joke was no doubt something she hears on a regular basis.

The science is not outdated (it's fairly recent and more is learned every day). It has to do with testosterone and it's impact on the strength of the connection between two parts of the brain - but probably a different thread

Bottom line is that men and women are different (generally) in the way information is processed by the brain (in many ways, but of course not all ways), we just pretend everyone is the same because society tells us to.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm not arguing there isn't a difference between men and women or in how they think or process emotions. One would have to be incredibly naive to believe that.

However, I still think, in context to the OP, there is no reason why the same statement cannot be said to either sex. The idea that it's "more hurtful" or "more offensive" to be said to a woman still carries the connotation that a woman is less-well equipped to handle such a comment. Which, I do not believe at all. Ever spoken to one of the charming ladies hanging around the kebab shop late night in Croydon? Those colourful lasses wouldn't bat an eyelid at such a statement.

Basically, it's either a terrible thing to say and should not have been said and insulting to anyone - or, it's not and people should lighten up and take it in stride, regardless of whether you pee standing up or sitting down.
edit on 28-8-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm not arguing there isn't a difference between men and women or in how they think or process emotions. One would have to be incredibly naive to believe that.

However, I still think, in context to the OP, there is no reason why the same statement cannot be said to either sex. The idea that it's "more hurtful" or "more offensive" to be said to a woman still carries the connotation that a woman is less-well equipped to handle such a comment. Which, I do not believe at all. Ever spoken to one of the charming ladies hanging around the kebab shop late night in Croydon? Those colourful lasses wouldn't bat an eyelid at such a statement.

Basically, it's either a terrible thing to say and should not have been said and insulting to anyone - or, it's not and people should lighten up and take it in stride, regardless of whether you pee standing up or sitting down.

LOL, I actually have spoken to some of those charming ladies in Croydon

I did say generally and there is no doubt Croydon lasses hanging outside Ozzies are an exception

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

She Really should , but I doubt it .

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Who owns Comedy Central? There's your answer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join