It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Dude it is a comedy central roast. Calm down. She agreed to show up and assuredly was paid for it.

Also, in every single one of these roasts somebody other than the 'Roast of _____' always gets burned hardest.

Everybody gets some and those with a sense of humor laugh it off even their own insults.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

It's a "Roast".

Those things are filled with foul things that shouldn't be said to another human. No, Ann Coulter didn't deserve to be targeted for the types of insults that were aimed at her but, contrary to what the OP alludes to, everybody who shows up to those are subjected to that and often worse.

I am by no means victim blaming by saying she deserved it; I'm just saying she got the treatment that many get when they go to those, regardless of who is supposed to be "roasted".

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
M'eh. The Dean Martin roasts were much nastier and no one got bent out of shape. The censors maybe.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Have you ever watched those roasts?
She had her chance to come up and take pop shots too. Now I never agree with telling someone to kill them self, but I don't think Clinton has any obligation to come out and say anything about this.

Anne volunteered to come, she wanted to promote her book, if she didn't know people would be making fun of her at that point that is her fault. I am sure they went after everyone on those chairs just like they went after her.

Eh?
So if you turn up without knowing you are going to be made fun of and told to kill yourself, then it's your fault for turning up?
Confused...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Btw her new book lol.
Watch the young turks for the story so funny.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Btw her new book lol.
Watch the young turks for the story so funny.

I listened to her debating with Cenk already - there is no way I am reading her book. She's a loon.

edit on 28/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Have you ever watched those roasts?
She had her chance to come up and take pop shots too. Now I never agree with telling someone to kill them self, but I don't think Clinton has any obligation to come out and say anything about this.

Anne volunteered to come, she wanted to promote her book, if she didn't know people would be making fun of her at that point that is her fault. I am sure they went after everyone on those chairs just like they went after her.

Eh?
So if you turn up without knowing you are going to be made fun of and told to kill yourself, then it's your fault for turning up?
Confused...

A roast isnt a safe space.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What, pray, was even remotely funny about that? I thought "roasts" were supposed to have at least a little comedic value...

It's true enough that "roasts" are, or can be, brutal. But I can't help but think that more than a few of you who are saying "what's the big deal" wouldn't be saying that if it were a more, shall we say, Hillary friendly celeb having that nastiness said to, and about, them... Don't bother denying, I've been here long enough to know that is precisely what would happen.

But it is true, she did voluntarily show up,no one forced her to, and she should, and probably did since she's smart enough to know that some of the people there aren't going to like her, and are going to be rather mean-spirited.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thing is Jimmy Carr was invited. If she knew anything about him she should know he takes things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to far.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Probably the latter.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don Rickles killed on those.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Dude. You must not listen to these roasts that often if you think only right wingers are targets. I can distinctly recall Gilbert Gottfried making one gay joke after another to George Takei and George howling at the punchlines.

It's a roast, it's supposed to be offensive.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

She wrote a book backing trump and in it she says she will only not back him if he goes back on his immigration policies and what does he do on the book launch day? Goes back on his immigration policies lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
ATS needs a roast forum

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

She wrote a book backing trump and in it she says she will only not back him if he goes back on his immigration policies and what does he do on the book launch day? Goes back on his immigration policies lol.

LOL, that must burn!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This is what roasts were all about.

Back in the day.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Three guys you don't want to see at your own Roast : Jeff Ross, Anthony Jeselnik, and most especially Jimmy Carr. Just savage.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I just got done looking him up...

Personally, I wouldn't get any where near him. I know my temper...and he'd exceed all safety limits. ***POW!!!***

That sort of "comedy" just isn't my cup of tea...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Couldn't get away with that today. EVERYONE got it.

And for those that think that a Hillary friendly person would have been taken by most differently..... look at the rest of the people on that roast. They ARE Hillary's type I believe and they got roasted as well(if it's a typical roast) and no one else is getting bent. Seems some have less than a sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: intrepid

Don Rickles killed on those.

He and Foster Brooks was the best.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join