It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

Does that include obvious,malicious political sniping as opposed to wit and humour?If you think that bile was funny find a shrink.
Then see old George Carlin,Robert Kline,Richard Pryor videos to see the dam difference.
edit on CDTSunpm0161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Why is this worthy of its own thread? The point of a roast is to insult and laugh at participants.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
As others pointed out, it was a roast. If you ever watched these, it's not just the one single person the roast is for that gets roasted. Everybody catches heat. That's how they've always been. She knew that.
Second of all, what's with all the crying from the party of "we're too PC!"

This is some funny #. The right constantly whines that we're too PC, but when someone goes off on them and annihilates them...at a ROAST....the one place where you have got to be #ing stupid to think you're not going to get made fun of....then the tears flow.

Telling somebody to kill themselves because of something that is out of their control....yeah, that's in poor taste and is terrible.
Telling someone to kill themselves because of how they act and the things they say....well, this lefty isn't going to shed a tear over it.

I am conservative, and I agree with you 100% here.

Most of the people who attend these roasts or are roasted are in the entertainment industry, and thus more than likely liberal, and they all get tore into. For example, Roseanne got roasted. I don't remember liberal people complaining about this at all.

I do think there is a double standard in the media and other places with being allowed to insult conservatives but not liberals, but these roast are not one of those places.

People on all sides need to grow some thicker skin. By the way, I am guessing Ann Coulter who has a good sense of humor had no problem with this.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Is Coulter complaining, or is she of the opinion 'any press is good press?'

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Is Coulter complaining, or is she of the opinion 'any press is good press?'

Sells more books.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I agree it is a non issue. Comedy roasts are and can be brutal. However, are we now separating comedy roasts from comedy? Because it is quite apparent that the Progressive SJW's have raised holy hell about insensitive things that have been said and done by comedians in general in the past.

I have said all along PC is a cancer on society and free speech, and hear we have an example of people who would normally not be bothered but for reasons, 1)they are showing the Progs and Feminists who may not find this offensive because it was used against a (political enemy being female or not) as hypocrisy or 2)The cancer has spread to a point that it should be such a concern to the CDC and Mental Health Industry as a threat to our national security well above the Zika Virus!

I myself, find it exhilarating to trigger and offend people so fragile that a WORD can make them go insane! It is my duty to toughen people up for the real world rather than coddle them as the psyop being taught in our educational system. Time to become adults, children and "Man Up"! *trigger anyone* I am sure Ann could handle it, however rest assured she will be filing it away for the next time the SJW crowd goes ape snip over something said about any other female?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What embarrassingly dishonest fake outrage. Ann Coulter has:

- Said that we should execute people for the purpose of "intimidating liberals"
- Advocated for invading all non-Christian countries, executing their leaders, and forcibly converting them to Christianity
- Defended the terrorist actions of Timothy McVeigh, suggesting he should've killed even more people
- Suggested all Arabs should be spied on and that torture should be televised as a sport

She volunteered to be a part of this roast, which puts a (metaphorical!) target on her back. One would hope she is not terribly thin-skinned considering the vile hatred she spews at every turn. And in all honesty, I don't give you or your ilk on ATS the benefit of the doubt on this crap anymore. I am rather certain that you all know you're lying and misrepresenting facts in order to buttress what is, at the end, a hateful agenda that walks progress in the US back by half a century or more. Thankfully, the overwhelming odds are that you all are going to lose terribly in November in what will be known as a de facto referendum on this kind of sickness, so you might as well start enhancing your victim narrative now.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So calling someone a transvestite or transgender is an insult again?

It's so hard to keep track...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Wow, and the liberal millennials are supposed to be sensitive.

According to their Hypocritical selfs,yes.Of course reality is another story.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Calling her a "transvestite whore" is an insult to transvestites and sex workers.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: prustage

I'm sure sex workers and transvestites will have a sense of humour unlike some.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

No surprise. She's one of those women who don't support Hillary, unlike the entertainment industry libs. She's one of the women who will be struck with eternal damnation who Madeline Albright pointed out the special place in hell for the women who don't vote for Hillary. Could you imagine if a right wing celeb told Hillary to 'kill yourself'? God, the fallout.

ETA: I can't stomach Ann Coulter.
edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Ann Coulter discovered a niche and crafted a persona to make money.

The only thing that surprises me is - - she has defenders.

its because there are a lot of closeted-ann coulters on ATS.

i would be surprised if she wasnt defended.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hahaha I love Jimmy Carr

You invite Jimmy Carr to a roat you deserve what your going to get!

The only person worse you could invite is Frankie Boyle.

2 of my favourite comedians.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I see a whole lot of sjw that don't understand how a roast is played out.
edit on 28-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Annee
Ann Coulter discovered a niche and crafted a persona to make money.

The only thing that surprises me is - - she has defenders.

its because there are a lot of closeted-ann coulters on ATS.

i would be surprised if she wasnt defended.

Closeted?

They're hardly closeted.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Anne can handle it; the Fox News writers cannot. She's too smart to use the very same tactics as those who fear words.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nothing here...but I wish I could remember those barbs...good stuff to jab at stuck up ATSers.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Have you ever watched those roasts?
She had her chance to come up and take pop shots too. Now I never agree with telling someone to kill them self, but I don't think Clinton has any obligation to come out and say anything about this.

Anne volunteered to come, she wanted to promote her book, if she didn't know people would be making fun of her at that point that is her fault. I am sure they went after everyone on those chairs just like they went after her.

I think she gleefully anticipated the outrage articles that would follow.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Anne Coulter has said so many horrific things herself and she did know what could happen going in, so While I hate some of the things that were said, and would never say them myself, it was kind of like going out in the woods during hunting season dressed up as a 14 point buck.

My first sense of absolute loathing for her was when she was a guest on an old Bill Maher show and she dropped a piece of filth from her mouth that left me boggle eyed. No one even seemed to hear it and it brushed past the conversation.

She said that people born illegitimately are basically children on the Devil. They are Evil.

Let that sink in.

So I guess that she thinks I am evil because I was born out of Christian wedlock. I was put up for adoption. So how does that jibe with people wanting to stop abortion because of all the innocent babies again? The cognitive dissonance was unbelievable. Wouldn't the religious right Want all those evil babies to be aborted then??? She was saying that in relation to the percentage of prisoners locked up that were illegitimate. Or some such. Of course the discussion was also about the fact that black men were disproportionately imprisoned, so there's that. She didn't give a race to the evil individuals so I'm not saying that. It was just a strange, sick kind of comment.

Enough said.
edit on 28-8-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join