It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TTIP has failed – but no one is admitting it, says German Vice Chancellor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In dependent

I hope this remains true, apparently there's still efforts to negotiate this massive trade deal.

The 14th round of negotiations between American and EU officials took place in Brussels in July and was the third round in six months.

Don't get too excited yet Europe and UK, it looks like the Canadian deal may go through, which probably won't be the corporate nightmare TTIP would have been but these trade deals always screw over blue collar workers, always.

The TTIP:

Threatened the NHS system
Opened EU and UK agriculture to US biotech
Similar to TTP opened up governments to be sued by corporations for laws and policies that threaten their profits.

According to the article the TPP is facing similar doom (woohoo).

Let's hope.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

They will eventually bribe and legislate their way into monopolizing food production, just as they are doing elsewhere. These people never quit, greed knows no bounds. If the current go round sputters and dies, they'll reintroduce it under another, sweeter sounding acronym.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Don't you worry, once the TPP is signed and all signatory countries relinquish their rights to stand up to a corporation in an international court, Obama will have sealed his legacy.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Same with our pharmaceutical and medical insurance companies. Honestly I think this one of the major reasons Bernie was sabotaged on every level. He is very knowledgeable about these trade deals.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And don't forget he now supports Hillary.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Like I pointed out in the OP, the article mentions that the TPP seems to be facing similar doom.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

And still openly states what he disagrees with her on and is working to get people elected to local and federal office who stand against these things. He made a personal choice that stopping Trump was worth his endorsement, I don't agree with it but it by no means decreases his knowledge and ability to motivate, in my opinion.

link   

It's hard to say an article is accurate regarding the TPP especially when senators that have read it also had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Yea, those are the kind of laws our government is trying to pass.

link   
It´s all to fool the people, don´t forget CETA, the backdoor that is used if they let TTIP fail, for the theatrical show

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And still openly states what he disagrees with her on and is working to get people elected to local and federal office who stand against these things. He made a personal choice that stopping Trump was worth his endorsement, I don't agree with it but it by no means decreases his knowledge and ability to motivate, in my opinion.

No, he made a personal choice that acknowledging how much he actually was FOR establishment politics would interfere with his public perception.

He endorsed Hillary, and this is after he became aware he was sabotaged in the primaries. Either that or Bernie is senile and who cares about his endorsement.

link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

As mentioned. It should become a universal truth that humans are always in defense of, no massive free trade deals.

link   

The trade deals are pretty simple, but written in complex language. All they intend is to corner every market for themselves, squashing all competition.

Thats their definition of "free trade".

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Wrong and off-topic.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I think it's more sinister than that though. Of course it's all about profits but that quest ends in corporate tyranny.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Wrong and off-topic.

Yes, I'm sorry. I just would prefer to point out the hypocrisy of feeling the Bern when it's mentioned.

On topic?

TPP is still in the works, and both of them support it. This is why we need to vote against the establishment.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I think it's more sinister than that though. Of course it's all about profits but that quest ends in corporate tyranny.

Each head of the Hydra has its function. The politicians tax, banks loan the money, industry builds the arms and the military conquers.

Very sinister beast indeed.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Similar to TTP opened up governments to be sued by corporations for laws and policies that threaten their profits.

Let's hope.

I wouldn't worry too much about the GM crops as part of that deal, EU and UK countries are free to decide on that, and most have said 'No thank you very much'.

As for the other deals between Mexico, Canada and US, well you know what happened there, the US lost millions of jobs.

Also, I don't think the like of the UK, France, all of Germany would be too happy with jobs going to the US, which is definitely on the cards.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I looked it up.Ick.Tribunals scare me:

ec.europa.eu...

CETA removes barriers for investors wishing to enter the Canadian market. The agreement also ensures that all European investors in Canada are treated equally and fairly. To improve the investment climate and offer more certainty to investors, the EU and Canada have committed themselves to certain key principles, such as treating domestic and foreign investors in the same way (non-discrimination). Canada and the EU have also committed themselves not to impose any new restrictions on foreign shareholdings.
Both the EU and Canada have strong legal systems and investors can turn to the domestic judicial system with any concerns they may have. But this may not always adequately protect foreign investors. For example, a government could seize the assets of a foreign investor without paying proper compensation. An investor could also face restrictions in bringing their case to a domestic court. EU Member States have traditionally laid down out rules governing international arbitration in their bilateral investment treaties. These rules allow investors to raise their concerns.
CETA includes an investment protection and dispute settlement system which matches the expectations of the EU’s and Canada’s citizens and businesses. The new system is fairer and more transparent and has a solid institutional framework. At the same time, it will continue to resolve investment disputes quickly.
CETA incorporates all aspects of the EU’s new approach on investment protection and investment dispute settlement, including:

Clear language confirming the right to regulate for all levels of government.
A clear move away from the current arbitration system to a permanent and institution-based dispute settlement tribunal. The members of the tribunal will no longer be designated by the investor and the state involved in a specific dispute but in advance, by the authorities of the EU and Canada. Judges will have to be sufficiently qualified and demonstrate proven ethical conduct. The three members of the tribunal dealing with a given dispute will be allocated at random to guarantee their impartiality.
Detailed commitments on ethics to avoid any conflicts of interest, whether perceived or real. Members of the tribunal and the appeal tribunal will, for instance, not be able to work as lawyers or experts in any other investment dispute.
An appeals system similar to domestic legal systems, meaning that decisions will be checked for legal correctness and reversed where an error arises.
A joint commitment by the EU and Canada to work with other trading partners to set up a permanent, multilateral investment court with a standing appeals system.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I hope your right.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
TPP is an abomination that needs to be stopped at all costs, along with any derivatives of it.

Trump is the only candidate who sees through this BS and will deliver the final nail in the TPP's coffin.

$hillary would pass it in a heartbeat.
edit on 28-8-2016 by KaibaTheJedi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join