It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge, Breaking And Alarming News About Recent 4.6 and 4.8 Wyoming Earthquakes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Wait a minute. They said about 40 miles south of Ten Sleep Wy. Walking distance is 88 miles south between LJ Ranch and Ten sleep. This is off by only 40 or so miles. We are not off the hook yet.

What? Little Jenny Ranch is located in Yellowstone while Ten Sleep is near the Big Horn Mountains. Big Horn is the first clue it is not near Little Jenny Ranch, as the former is in mid Wyoming and the latter is in the west of Wyoming.

Ok, now I have a link that says near Lysite wy which is pretty darn close to the LJ ranch. And actually the LJ ranch is right off to the left side of Lysite

They are no where near each other, they are over 200 miles apart, Ten Sleep even farther. However, 40 miles south of Ten Sleep is roughly the same distance Northeast of Lysite, so yes, the crack is near both Ten Sleep and Lysite.

You can see said crack on Google Maps, 43.6351104, -107.4301985 as well as see the changes in imagery from the Wyoming Parcel Viewer (which will also show you who/what owns what parcels), you'll have to manually go to location.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Have to say this is the preliminary stages before the big event. The new madrid and west coast will adjust, plus the Juan de Fuca plate. The US is on the cusp of this big event taking place. It could well be in November when we have our predicted alignment quake of px, sun and earth (check Terral03 for more info). And yes the source of the eq pattern and global upset is Planet X.

BS.

Show us that Planet X exists and is causing anything like an eq.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Good job OP!!! There is definitely something going on here.

I have been trying to figure out if the high co2 levels and fishery dying is normal or not.. lots of sites saying it's about to erupt.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

edit on 28/8/16 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OK, so MamaJ steered me over here.

Looking at the crack on Google Maps, which you can find here, that doesn't look like a crack from an EQ. It looks like a square of land just dropped - immediate subsidence. This means there was something under that ground that disappeared very quickly. Articles around the interwebs explain the crack as a landslide due to a 'wet spring'. Ok, I'll buy that. So where did the water go, and where did it go so quickly?

The gash is also visible on Google Earth. Coordinates are...
43°38'10.46"N - 107°25'53.46"W

Here's our timeline from OP's post...

-Sept 2015 Little Jennie Ranch in Wyoming put up for sale (Looks almost like an ancient caldera)

-Nov 2015 Huge Mysterious Gash Opens up on Wyoming Ranch (unnamed)

-July/Aug 2016 Little Jennie ranch area closed for fires (Jack Creek basin)

-Aug 27, 2016 Little Jennie ranch is epicenter of a 4.6 and 4.8 EQ.

The earthquakes occurred almost a year after the gash opened up. If aquifers disappeared, or the water relocated to other areas underground, then I would theorize that it's possible that could trigger the earthquakes due to a sudden cavity or void underground, causing things to shift. But we'd be talking about LARGE scale movement/relocation of aquifer water. If that's the case - the question is still out there - where did the water go? Did it move somewhere else? Do we know how big the aquifers in the area are? What has the geyser activity at Yellowstone been like the past year?

Another thing to note, using Google Earth to measure; the Gash is about 147 miles from Little Jennie Ranch, as the crow flies. See this screenshot. u/coffeetalk mentioned something like this a few posts up. That's quite a distance for these two events to be related closely.

But...we still have a couple of geologic events in Yellowstone, as well as the VERY increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere above the park. If anybody can dig up geyser activity, and closures, I'd be very interested to see that data.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FarCrowd

But...we still have a couple of geologic events in Yellowstone, as well as the VERY increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere above the park.

And what I would like to know as well is how much is it really up ( the co2) or is it elevated at all? People in Volcano Watch (thread on ATS) are quiet and Eric Blair over in Quake Watch (also thread on ATS) doesn't seem to be concerned about the levels of co2.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
True - I don't know the nominal levels over the park. But honestly, that makes me think. For years and years now, you've heard all the complaints from the global warming community (that's another discussion), about how we're destroying our atmosphere with pollution. Clearly the area over Yellowstone should be the most worrisome if you look at the atmospheric levels around the rest of the world. For me personally...I don't buy into global warming, but if it is happening, then a huge contribution is coming from Yellowstone park, and there isn't a damn thing anybody can do about it.

a reply to: MamaJ

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

We may play some part but oh yeah volcanoes spewing above ground and in the seas obviously cause global cooling when the globe heats up. Thats what it does.. if anything we are coming out of an ice age only to plunge back into one from what Ive researched anyway.

If Yellowstone were to blow... wow is all I can say.... we would see an ice age in an instant.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yep. The globe goes through warming and cooling cycles - minor ones and major ones. If Yellowstone goes, you can kiss the sun goodbye for a while.

a reply to: MamaJ

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I found this one comment about normal rates of CO2 at an area of the park

Ms. Werner and her colleagues found that Yellowstone's Mud Volcano area produced about 176,300 tons of carbon dioxide each year.
Source: www.nytimes.com...

Have not been able to find the numbers for the "raised" levels.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Good job OP!!! There is definitely something going on here.

I have been trying to figure out if the high co2 levels and fishery dying is normal or not.. lots of sites saying it's about to erupt.

These weird deaths were S/E of Jackson, certainly NOT wolves!
March 27, 2016

A pack of wolves killed a herd of elk earlier this month; Wyoming officials say there's nothing they can do in such cases because wolves are federally protected and managed.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Oh wow.... and the plot thickens.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Regarding that elk herd, I think it much more likely, as other members have said, that outgassing was the culprit. I don't doubt that wolves fed on them, but I think it's ridiculous to say a pack killed this many elk.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Has anybody mentioned fracking as a cause yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

But they said NEAR Lysite on CNN and US Today and those are much more reputable news sources.

They list this area under Yellowstone south, so I guess they still count this as a part of Yellowstone since that magma chamber is so huge. Carbon monoxide readings are massive in YS right now.
edit on 28-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Remember the house that split in 2 in Jackson Hole (30 min away) in 2014 from a landslide? Did they ever determine what made the ground shift?

It just seems like the entire huge YS and surrounding areas are becoming more active.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
perhaps the empty magmachamber is collapsing there?a reply to: FarCrowd

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
loll ..
Always keep in mind that any elevation of YS status will have an bigger effect on the financial markets than 9/11 !!!!

then WHO will burn his/her fingers on it.....?

one hope.....they will warn if the eruption starts ore is in progress !

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here is a time lapse satellite image of the fire plumes and if you look at the left plume, that is from somewhat near the ranch area. Odd that they are surrounding the EQ area. There is something going on.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was in North Yellowstone a couple of months ago and everything seemed 'normal' in and around Old Faithful where I was.The worlds most famous geothermal feature still kept the crowds happy every 90 minutes or so.The Elk still wandered into Mammoth Hot Springs to grab some lunch and the Gophers still popped out to see what the tourists were doing.

Isn't it said that the animals will be the first to know when something big is going to happen and change their behaviour accordingly?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join