It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worlds oldest man, 145 years old from Indonesia just discovered?? Thoughts..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Greetings good patrons,

I have just had this pop up in my news feed,

Mr Mbah Gotho, who is an incredible 145 years old, according to documents recognised by officials in Indonesia has just been discovered as the worlds Oldest person, and if verified he will take the crown away from Jeanne Calment who died at the age of 122 year old.

If true this guy was was born in 1870!!!!!! that is simply crazy when you hear it like that, and amazing in equal measure. Imagine what has happened in the world since his birth.

Link to article

metro.co.uk...

So ATS what do you say, is it far fetched to believe a Human can reach such a age, I guess anomalies can and do happen, although I have heard scientist state that there will be people alive Now that will see 150, I had always thought it was not possible or until we had a way of replacing organs or really reverse aging but maybe it is and we are on the verge of seeing people in extreme old age.

News Story about that here

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Another

www.good.is...

And one for good luck, bit of a wild card this one..

www.news.com.au... s-is-coming/news-story/d86c96b4f91639d0fbf3424a94f061b4

I hope the retirement age does not go up otherwise I won't see what tiny amount the Government is willing to give me until I reach 120..

So are you ready for extreme old age?,

RA

edit on 27-8-2016 by slider1982 because: Sp

edit on 27-8-2016 by slider1982 because: Changed due to fantastic auto correct

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Interesting find, but I am not Air Traffic Controller! Not sure if absolutely true, but if so I wonder how he has managed so long. Imagine living through all that he did.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Can you imagine living that long and seeing how the world changes around you? From horse drawn buggies to probes on Mars.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Interesting find, but I am not Air Traffic Controller! Not sure if absolutely true, but if so I wonder how he has managed so long. Imagine living through all that he did.

Bloody auto correct, I had just been sending emails to my wifes brother about ATC jobs locally..

Amended with red face

RA

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Heh, it made me comment for a poor attempt at humor

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So are you ready for extreme old age?

Ugh, no.
I was quite happy with the average life expectancy being about 84 for females. (Australian statistic, anyway)

I could not imagine living well into my 100s. And if I did, I honestly don't think that I would -want- to.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh I do not know 80 is the new 60 is it not?, I must say am I the only one that has noticed people of a older age, 70's etc are far younger in attitude and what they can still do than when I was child in the 1980's??.. Back then 70 was proper old now days not so much...

RA

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The older you get, the more health problems you face. My Mom lived to the age of 92 and I had to slowly watch as she lived with more and more physical pain and able to do less and less. To live to the age of this man is not always a blessing. He admitted he is ready to die. His eyesight is failing, he must have back problems being all stooped over like that and God knows what other problems he must be facing health wise. No thanks! I am in chronic pain as it is. I doubt I will live to be very old.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Good point about horse drawn carriages. I often think about that but it seems like technology has hit a plateau for right now. We have been driving piston cars and using rails for a long time.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The only reason I would want to live that long, is so that I could die on another planet.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I wonder if he has said at any time in his life. . . . "My name is Connor MacLeod from the clan MacLeod. I am immortal. There can be only one."

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

“What I want is to die. My grandchildren are all independent,” he told local media this week.

Mr Gotho has outlived all 10 of his siblings, four wives, and even his children. His nearest living relatives are grand children, great grand children, and great-great grandchildren.

One of Mr Gotho’s grandsons said his grandfather has been preparing for his death ever since he was 122.

It sounds like Mr. Gotho is more than ready to depart as soon as God sees fit to take him.

In a way, I don't blame him. He's outlived all of his generation and his children's generation too. It would be sad. And with every generation that goes before you, you get further away from the ones that remain.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I would only want to live past 100 if my body could be kept getting and working well - preferably with nano-bots or cybernetic components.

If it happens, I hope occasionally people look at me with disdain as I walk by, while grumbling under their breath, "jekking cyborg..."

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Yellow Turmeric diet!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

That's sort of my idea. With all the medical innovations, we may soon be seeing 100 as a common age and if I can live that long and still be independent, I see no reason not to. My dream is at least getting off this planet, whether it be in orbit or on the moon, I want to die Out There.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I wonder what were some of the conditions that allowed him to live to 145?

I don't believe it was purely genetic. Mainstream scientists might tell you that because they don't really know.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I'd like to know too, I mean the guy smoked! LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I would recommend raw or undercooked Mackerel to you and anyone else. They're ALL wild because there are no such things as Mackerel farms. They're full of omega 3 and 9 and lots of other nutrients. Theyre small, so they don't accumulate a lot of toxins and cooking them well destroys like half of the nutrients.
Green tea is great, the authentic stuff. Tree nuts, not peanuts, are a near complete food. Some of them are better cooked, and some are better raw.
Watercress is also a near-complete food, its got everything but carbs and fat (which are necessary, the right kind). Also alfalfa sprouts.

Heres the secret... Eating whole, single-ingredient foods. Mainly plants. From clean sources. Eggs from small farms.

edit on 28-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would love to live to years counted in hundreds (or more). one caveat, I would want to live in a youthful body...the idea of such extreme longevity is appealing only if you have your faculties..otherwise, it would be more like torture. I think we may be in a sweet spot now where tech can not just extend life (we can keep people alive for a very long time on machines of necessary), but also extend quality and eventually youth of life shortly.

This person is probably not very happy...not because of living soo long, but of a broken body.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I wonder what were some of the conditions that allowed him to live to 145?

I don't believe it was purely genetic. Mainstream scientists might tell you that because they don't really know.

In all my travels within rural Asia i am shocked and stunned by the ages of people in villages away from town. My wifes grandfather is in his 80s and still tends to a farm and he is proper fit, I think it is a mix of healthier living, far better diet (no fast food crap) also not having a Iphone in his pocket banging against his balls but then you have modern medicine if you do become ill.

People over 100 here is very common and I would think more than a few are pushing 110.

RA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join