It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. LePage | Trump Fan: "The enemy right now are people of color & those of Hispanics origin"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Shouldn't you be badgering the thread, it already be on page 4, over it being loaded as about Trump without proof he told that guy to say it?

Na im just here to make sure you guys dont forget to blame hillary, and it already happened twice in the first page.

Perfect timing

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The guy has made a number of over the top statements in the last day or two. It seems like he's having a meltdown.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So if he's taking about gang related activities then he's said nothing wrong.

"The most recent figures provided by law enforcement are 46 percent Hispanic/Latino gang members, 35 percent African-American/black gang members, more than 11 percent white gang members, and 7 percent other race/ethnicity of gang members."

www.nationalgangcenter.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So far, I've seen Hillary supporters brush off what those close to her do, saying "She's not to blame for what the people who work for her do". This guy doesn't even work for Trump, but somehow, what this guy says is a reflection on Trump?If a govt official says something stupid and is for Hillary, are you going to make that connection too?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Being that Trump announced his candidacy saying Mexico was sending the US it's worst, rapists and murderers, while some he assumes are good people and here is a Trump endorsing Republican Governor on record calling Hispanics the enemy and you don't see a correlation? Of course you don't because conservative. And the irony of all it is that Trump is recently calling Hillary a bigot nonstop, and listening to him speak I don't that word means what he thinks it means. Meanwhile, the real bigots are endorsing him.

So tell me, where does this Republican Governor and his racist remarks stand with you?

edit on 27-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
At least they haven't blamed Hillary yet

Bwahahahah...Nostradamus, is that you??? The very next post after you said that...oh that was too funny

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Wow, PC bull crap? The man basically said anyone who isn't white is the enemy and that we are at war.

My god, it's truly amazing you're attacking me and defending him. Do you agree that colored people are the enemy?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Without hearing the lead in / lead out its hard to be entirely sure how to run with this one (as even anti-Trump sorts have agreed already), but yeah it certainly is racist given its about races and troops with colored uniforms analogy. Should prove quite interesting indeed to see how this one plays out, which makes it even more annoying that you had to go effectively set this up as a troll / reverse-troll fest by loading the issue by injecting Trump's name into not only the OP but also the thread title. The story itself has enough weight to carry itself, but that just wasn't good enough for you was it?

As I said:

Following you logic, every time BLM type people go off the hook all the threads should includes Obama's name.

edit on 27-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Articles posted in the OP.

He was talking about drug crime. Sounds like he thinks colored people are the reason behind drug crimes, definitely doesn't place any responsibility on white people.

In any case, in the same article,

The Portland Press Herald published FBI statistics which show that 1,211 people were arrested on charges of drug sales or manufacturing in Maine in 2014. Of those, 170 - 14.1% - were black, and almost all the rest were white.

Typical ignorant bigot this Governor is.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Tempter

Wow, PC bull crap? The man basically said anyone who isn't white is the enemy and that we are at war.

My god, it's truly amazing you're attacking me and defending him. Do you agree that colored people are the enemy?

A lot of posters on this forum probably do.

sadly

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well, TO BE HONEST, I'm pretty sure almost every single anti BLM thread ever created on ATS most definitely blamed Obama (if not in the OP then definitely in the next post). Conservatives blame Obama for everything.

That said, I'm not at all surprised you don't find any correlation in this story and I'm sure you will defend Trump for never saying anything bigoted ever, amitrite? In fact, I'm sure in your eyes Trump has done absolutely nothing wrong this entire race, amirite?
edit on 27-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe, sexist, islamophobe, blah blah

Someone who is going to vote for Trump makes a bad statement and suddenly it reflects on Trump? No

It's getting old already, this election isn't going to be defined by social issues.

Democrats outside of their own group don't even care about the other groups; they just pander for the votes.

What's more important? Someone who doesn't support gay marriage or 20 trillion national debt, high taxes, gov waste, gov corruption, Isis, illegal immigration, poor economy.

All you do by being social police is create more division, and create conflict so important issues get overlooked so corrupt politicians like your candidate can continue to loot the country.

Shame on you

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Of course you don't because conservative.

I'm not a conservative!

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
At least they haven't blamed Hillary yet

Bwahahahah...Nostradamus, is that you??? The very next post after you said that...oh that was too funny

That was pretty funny actually.
edit on 27-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well, TO BE HONEST, I'm pretty sure almost every single anti BLM thread ever created on ATS most definitely blamed Obama (if not in the OP then definitely in the next post). Conservatives blame Obama for everything.

That said, I'm not at all surprised you don't find any correlation in this story and I'm sure you will defend Trump for never saying anything bigoted ever, amitrite? In fact, I'm sure in your eyes Trump has done absolutely nothing wrong this entire race, amirite?

I've participating in most the big BLM threads post-Dallas this summer, and NO they haven't been all loaded with Obama hate speech that I've noticed (especially not in the OP). While the only ones with Obama in the title that I recall where specific Obama roles in the news item.

If you only had Trump in the OP it'd hardly be an issue, but you stacked the thread title like this, which with your experience here you had to have realized what you were doing.

We all get to be jerks sometimes though I suppose

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Really curious. Obviously free speech is no longer applicable and people should be punished just for thinking a certain way.

I have proof of what Liberals want done with Conservatives and it's a direct quote from another member. But, that doesn't reflect on ALL Liberals, right? But, somehow, this guy shows how all Trump supporters think.
Wait...what?
edit on 27-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: punctuation. It Counts.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Might as well get used to the fact that if we don't embrace their specific ideology, we are racist, bigoted, xenophobes. It's become so commonplace that's it's getting boring.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Following you logic, every time BLM type people go off the hook all the threads should includes Obama's name.

I would go look at them, maybe you can go chime in how they shouldn't be doing that because they overwhelming do...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The black population of Maine is only 1% of all people.

The BBC article you linked to states 14% percent of all general drug distrubation and manufacture convicts in Maine were black in 2014.

That includes marijuana' coke, meth, lsd, shrooms, etc. so I am willing to wager the percentage of dealers focusing on heroin being people of color is actually much higher.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Tempter Do you agree that colored people are the enemy?

Yup, what are you going to do about it?

Will it make it easier to process in your mind if you can just label me a racist?

I'm supporting calling a spade a spade. If he's having problems with non-whites in primarily white Maine then I'm okay with him calling them out. I'd be the same for calling out problem whites in a predominantly black or Latino state, too.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Tempter because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The governor seems to have facts and evidence to back up his claims.

LePage responded that he keeps a dossier of photos from drug busts in Maine and that Ritchie was welcome to come and look at them.

“Let me tell you this, explain to you, I made the comment that black people are trafficking in our state, now ever since I said that comment I’ve been collecting every single drug dealer who has been arrested in our state,” LePage said. “I don’t ask them to come to Maine and sell their poison, but they come and I will tell you that 90-plus percent of those pictures in my book, and it’s a three-ringed binder, are black and Hispanic people from Waterbury, Conn., the Bronx and Brooklyn.”

www.pressherald.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join