It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP chaos continues

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
With college starting again the battle among young Republicans on if to endorse Trump or not. Normally not even a matter of debate Trump is very unpopular with the 35 and under crowd, in particular those with educations. College Republican chapters not endorsing the GOP candidate is simply unprecedented. Trump fights breaking out across college campuses

At Harvard University, the oldest College Republicans club in the nation did not endorse the party’s nominee for president for the first time in 128 years

Trumps problem with young voters is also unprecedented

The GOP’s deficit with young voters, however, only seems to be growing with Trump. A poll from earlier this month found Trump polling at just 9 percent among Americans under 30 years old, behind Clinton and third-party candidates Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

Who cares about the youth vote? They do not matter right?

The Growth and Opportunity Project report — dubbed the autopsy report — that was released after Mitt Romney lost the 2012 presidential election identified increasing the youth vote as a core way the Republican Party could make candidates more competitive in national elections. The College Republican National Committee agreed and redrew an electoral map of the 2012 election that showed Romney would have defeated Barack Obama if Republicans “hadn’t underperformed with young voters.”

So while Young Republicans struggle with what to do, other Republicans who have made their choice not to support Trump are on the offensive.
Anti-Trump Republicans to launch swing-state ad buy

Anti-Trump Republicans are preparing to launch a broadcast TV ad in a handful of swing-state suburbs urging Donald Trump to quit the presidential race so the party can replace him with a more electable nominee.

And what justification are they using? As so many times before, Trumps own words.

"Number one, I'm not a masochist, and if I was dropping in the polls where I saw I wasn't going to win, why would I continue?" Trump said in an October NBC interview featured in the ad. A graphic displaying political handicappers' predictions of a landslide Trump loss accompanies his remarks. The ad ends with a plea: "Resign the nomination. Let the RNC replace you so we can beat Hillary

It's marked for the four states' suburban media markets, according to Free the Delegates, because they're areas that typically lean Republican but appear to be tilting in Hillary Clinton's favor this year.

So while young Republicans struggle to support the party without supporting Trump, and anti Trump GOP forces try to get him to drop out so they can put in somebody who will win, the GOP itself is making its plans to deal with a Clinton Presidency.
GOP plots early wake-up call for Clinton

With Clinton now looking at a large scale win that will include many Republicans voting for her the GOP does not want Clinton going into office and operation as if she has a national mandate. While the GOP sees the White House as lost and the Senate likely as well they are expecting to hold on to the House.

Hillary Clinton has managed to win support from Republicans without conceding any part of the progressive economic agenda she outlined during the Democratic primary.

Clinton and her campaign have been trying to make a bipartisan-sounding pitch. “I will be president for Democrats, Republicans and independents,”

But the GOP is not playing that. They have no love for Clinton they simply see Trump as a danger to the nation. So out goes Clintons progressive agenda on say one

Republicans operatives on the Hill, for instance, are already planning to block Clinton’s agenda by strategically targeting individual Democratic senators who will be up for reelection in 2018.

“What that would leave her with is an absolute imperative to govern from the center," said Cowan, a former Bill Clinton White House official. "She will have no choice.

So politics as usual. What would be interesting is to watch Trump with two hostile parties in Congress. They would have the ability to not pass any Trump agenda, over ride any Trump veto, and de-fund anything Trump tried to do himself. We would see one of least powerful executive branches in a very long time.
edit on 27-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Trump winning and being a lame duck is probably the best course of action for the next 4 years.

Start again then. & damnit get it right next time.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I'll still be able to afford my own birth control so overall I'd say I'm still winning.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If one believes in things like NWO and a ruling establishment

Then

The indoctrination is going along well. The under 35 sheeple class is almost ripe for slaughter.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
With college starting again the battle among young Republicans on if to endorse Trump or not. Normally not even a matter of debate Trump is very unpopular with the 35 and under crowd, in particular those with educations. College Republican chapters not endorsing the GOP candidate is simply unprecedented.

Quite the picture you paint of Trump supporters with the "education" statement. All that aside I have to respectfully disagree with you. The absolute distain for Hillary has people who normally wouldn't even support Trump voting for him just because it's not Hillary. It's no secret she's viewed as generally dishonest by most Americans from both sides of the aisle.

edit on 27-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

With college starting again the battle among young Republicans on if to endorse Trump or not. Normally not even a matter of debate Trump is very unpopular with the 35 and under crowd, in particular those with educations. College Republican chapters not endorsing the GOP candidate is simply unprecedented.

Quite the picture you paint of Trump supporters with the "education" statement. All that aside I have to respectfully disagree with you. The absolute distain for Hillary has people who normally wouldn't even support Trump, voting for him just because it's not Hillary. It's no secret she's viewed as generally dishonest by most Americans from both sides of the aisle.

Trumps main supporters are white males, when those males have college educations they skew towards Clinton. This not a picture it demographics. And Clinton is disliked. Trump is just disliked more.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Quite the picture you paint of Trump supporters with the "education" statement. All that aside I have to respectfully disagree with you. The absolute distain for Hillary has people who normally wouldn't even support Trump, voting for him just because it's not Hillary. It's no secret she's viewed as generally dishonest by most Americans from both sides of the aisle.

Trumps main supporters are white males, when those males have college educations they skew towards Clinton. This not a picture it demographics. And Clinton is disliked. Trump is just disliked more.

My metaphor is that Hillary is a dirty gas station washroom and Trump an outhouse. How much does one want to hold their nose?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
My metaphor is that Hillary is a dirty gas station washroom and Trump an outhouse. How much does one want to hold their nose?

Ok then.

Outhouse 2016

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. I have a doctorate but anyone with half a brain could get one of those. I am more impressed by someone who can afford their own birth control than I am by someone who spent 100 k to go to Howard university, but to each their own.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ok then.

Outhouse 2016

Wow. Enlightened decision. I think this is exactly what Spad's talking about. There are those that will take life sucking worse as long as it isn't Dem. I see people supporting Trump now that castigated him mercilessly until he got the nomination. The OP is proven.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jill and/or Gary need to make it on to the ticket for election.

Because of the 2 party Dominant system, we get a game show host and a criminal....isn't that wonderful?

The only way out of this mess is to get the 3rd party on the ticket and in the debates.

I'd like to see Hilary stroke out during the debate and Trump to have a heart attack.

We as Americans deserve everything we get from this election if either of the front runners win.
edit on 27-8-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's debatable who's disliked more, but what's not is how she clearly has the lead in the dishonesty race at least according to public opinion. You may not like someone, but it comes down to a question of who do you trust? Hillary will lose that issue against Trump every time as the demographics have clearly indicated over an extended period of time. That's a huge issue for the Hillary camp that won't go away.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Wow. Enlightened decision. I think this is exactly what Spad's talking about. There are those that will take life sucking worse as long as it isn't Dem. I see people supporting Trump now that castigated him mercilessly until he got the nomination. The OP is proven.

It was a joke, lighten up Francis. I have my reasons I back Trump that I'd rather not waste my time discussing with you, but you know what you're right I'm just stupid and ignorant for not voting for the pant suited messiah. I'm sorry but, I'd rather not extend Obama's "8 years of glory", as you seem to think it was, into 12.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It was a joke, lighten up Francis. I have my reasons I back Trump that I'd rather not waste my time discussing with you, but you know what you're right I'm just stupid and ignorant for not voting for the pant suited messiah. I'm sorry but, I'd rather not extend Obama's "8 years of glory" as you seem to think, into 12.

And the best example of a Trump supporter. I know he sucks but he ain't Dem. Screw what he could/would do. Many Republicans have been extremely vocal about Trump. See the OP. I personally have more faith in a Republican than a Trump supporter. They still think. And they aren't happy.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

And the best example of a Trump supporter. I know he sucks but he ain't Dem. Screw what he could/would do. Many Republicans have been extremely vocal about Trump. See the OP. I personally have more faith in a Republican than a Trump supporter. They still think. And they aren't happy.

I've seen what the dynamic duo did last time around and frankly NAFTA and selling us out to the Chinese have decimated this country's jobs. Even Hillary has expressed false regret publicly about how bad NAFTA is. Open your eyes and allow yourself to see what direction these two want to lead us in. Most of us have come to the conclusion America is done if she gets in.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Why do people act like having a damn degree means anything? It means I can research the same info on the Internet, that you put yourself into debt for. They indoctrinate people into the PC mindset, so I'd rather pass on the degree. IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

NAFTA and the TTP are two totally different things. I would think that someone interested that much in politics would know that. Believe me. Canada would LOVE out of NAFTA. Tired of being screwed by the South. Can't speak for Mexico though. In case you don't know.... NAFTA.... North American Free Trade Agreement. Guess who always holds the BIG cards.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
But what about his dank memes?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

If Trump somehow won and the they vetoed and squashes every one of his plans he could really turn the public against the establishment to the point of outright rebellion in my opinion.
If he felt cornered and knows his loud mouth is his best tool he'd be out screaming how row rigged it all is and as the president he could cause actual chaos.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Nucleardoom

NAFTA and the TTP are two totally different things. I would think that someone interested that much in politics would know that. Believe me. Canada would LOVE out of NAFTA. Tired of being screwed by the South. Can't speak for Mexico though. In case you don't know.... NAFTA.... North American Free Trade Agreement. Guess who always holds the BIG cards.

I think it's TPP, but since you know so much about it you already knew that right?
I also never mentioned TPP since I was talking about the damage that's already been done by these two and not what's to surely come with a Hillary presidency. Bottom line is no one care's about who's holding cards they care about whether they have, or can get, a job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join