It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Promises To Shut Down ‘Conspiracy Theory’ Websites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
a reply to: seeker1963

A generic dot org that quotes Huckabee and Newt Gingrich about talking about the internet in 2014????

With that side I see nothing wrong with handing over stewardship to the ICANN, a corporation for assigning names... That's all they do...

Fun fact - in goes into effect Oct. 1st

BUT BUT BUT, it's an EVIL Corporation! Have you guys changed your mind?

Sorry, but when countries like Saudi Arabia are at the seat of the Human Rights Council at the UN, and the United States of America is one of the last countries to hold speech as a right, what reason did Obama have to turn the internet over to an international agency?

If you haven't figured it out yet, let me give you a clue. I am old school. Sticks and Stones and all. Name calling doesn't bother me, nor will I EVER require a "Safe Space".

Go ahead with your childish responses, I will wait until you can actually address reality!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

You never heard of Cass Sunstein and “Cognitive Infiltration,”

www.salon.com...

www.law.uchicago.edu...

II. Governmental Responses

What can government do about conspiracy theories? Among the things it can do, what should it do? We can readily imagine a series of possible responses.
(1) Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories. (3) Government might itself engage in counterspeech, marshaling arguments to discredit conspiracy theories. (4) Government might formally hire credible private parties to engage in counterspeech. (5) Government might engage in informal communication with such parties, encouraging them to help. Each instrument has a distinctive set of potential effects, or costs and benefits, and each will have a place under imaginable conditions.

However, our main policy idea is that government should engage in cognitive infiltration of the groups that produce conspiracy theories
, which involves a mix of (3), (4) and (5).

edit on 27-8-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You actually believe that Obama can "give" someone the Internet?

Address reality

Sure thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

ya think ?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

it's always best to doublecheck their stories.

You're right..........so.......knowing that as most of us over the age of 21 do, I'd hope, it sorta negates the need to shut-down sites like that, doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You're right..........so.......knowing that as most of us over the age of 21 do, I'd hope, it sorta negates the need to shut-down sites like that, doesn't it.

No, Tony. It doesn't. Because whoever is "us over the age of 21" are not as bright as you think.
Chronological age has nothing to do with wisdom and knowledge. Your brain doesn't stop pruning and shaping itself until you are in your 30s (if you are a man).....

fact.
Brain development.
Tons of evidence......

OH WAIT!! OMG!!! OH NO!!!
gah. I...wow, I'm sorry. I forgot that I'm on your team now!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What Hillary does or doesn't know about ANY email is suspect.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No argument from me about brain development.
I'm over 50 and my brain is going backwards............slowly.

But really.................I don't know but my wife who's much smarter than me, in discussions with our daughters has discovered they're both pretty skeptical and discerning. She's related that years of indoctrination in gubmint schools has highly sensitized their BS meters.

Of course, it may have helped to have had a Dad like me who, after a couple of beers, rants on about Nazi UFO's!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Who painted that horse?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This is why you need to stay off infowars and brietbart.... This is why RT is a virus.

No thanks, but I'll pass on your little Orwellian fantasy you've got going on there with your constitutional scholar buddies down at the yacht club.

You really want to live in a world where someone controls every aspect of what you see and hear at all times? Then I think you need to move to North Korea as you'd like the landlords there better since they will decide everything you get to see and hear.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Baxter did a great job of vetting that email!

Obviously it wasn't vetted because obviously it is a load of shiite, so obviously it was thought that they could make mileage out of it for a while. You don't send bullet e-mails, all is needed is a nice server crash, and Boom! everything has gone! Should you think such things don't happen, you'd be very wrong, and it costs..a lot, $1.7 Trillion a year at the last count.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The fact that you are posting on a "conspiracy website" is enough for your hero Hillary to lodge you in the FEMA camps. Get ready, you are her enemy whether you like it or not. Good thing for you that Trump will send her packing in a landslide and you won't have to worry about it for a while.

Dude! I've been wanting to stay a FEMA camp for a long time. I hear they're nice and cozy government accommodations.

I'm sure your liberal buddies will keep stoking the fires for your coziness until your ashen remains pass through the EPA mandated filters and your relatives get a carbon footprint bill courtesy of Al Gore's UN globalist tax collectors for your filthy last moments they graciously provided you as you passed through the ovens. Welcome to the liberal collective where it "takes a village" of idiots to smile as they hand power to Hillary.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Can you clarify about this EMAIL thing?
I was under the idea they had time stamps and ip confirmations and stuff..
SURPRISED I know that much...

Oh, that's very easy to fake - always has been (I'm a computer geek and we could do this back in the 1990's... pretty darn easy)

TheAmazingYeti's right - they're faked emails. Breitbart falls for a lot of hoaxes... it's always best to doublecheck their stories.

How is that any different from all the Hillary supporters falling for her hoax that the emails, private server, pay for play double jeopardy dealings, hiring a Muslim Brotherhood agent who's life's work is to promote and spread Sharia Law as her personal secretary was just innocent carelessness nothing to worry about?

Hahahaha, talk about double standards.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Consipiracy theory is very healthy. There are those that go way off the deep end, as in any mindset.
Basically, you do not believe in coincidence, you question everything you read, and if there is enough evidence that a particular process or event is not on the up and up, you investigate it and make your own conclusions.

She is probably one herself. She also knows how damaging they can be if you are trying to fool the choir.

(post by rigel4 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Consipiracy theory is very healthy. There are those that go way off the deep end, as in any mindset.
Basically, you do not believe in coincidence, you question everything you read, and if there is enough evidence that a particular process or event is not on the up and up, you investigate it and make your own conclusions.

She is probably one herself. She also knows how damaging they can be if you are trying to fool the choir.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Apparently Saudi Arabia has issued ORDERS...anotherdayintheempire.com...

I wonder if she'll go for it in statements and CLEARLY indicate our successfully guessing her acts...again.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Bright no MATURE yes.
LACK OF EXPERIENCE.
edit on 27-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: charlyv

Well you could turn that around as well. Say there was a guy that realized that there was really no one else suited to be president and he knew that there was so much bad baggage in his opponent's locker that he could say just about anything he wanted, and still beat her.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join