It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES...the Bathroom Discussion Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm not here to argue. Just to hear opinions about a particular situation. Do you have one?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yes, but I would also engage in the discussion I started. Also could you link where you are getting what you are posting? Oh it is from op link

edit on thSat, 27 Aug 2016 14:34:36 -0500America/Chicago820163680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I think my opinion is evident no?
You want to legislate deification and urination via government overreach into peoples personal lives, I don't.
edit on 27-8-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I noticed you did not reply to my simple post, fact is transgendered people have been using public bathrooms for a very long time, it only become an issue when the news decided to run with it. So again why is this a big thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Look at the responses to my initial post. I seek opinions, in detail and from an intelligent, non-argumentative perspective. If I converse...I have to defend and respond to posts that are simply intended to argue. That wasn't the purpose.

And I continue to not argue for the same reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

You want to legislate deification and urination via government overreach into peoples personal lives, I don't.

Simple enough. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I'm not debating if it is or isn't a big thing. I'm looking for opinions from all sides. If you have one that you would like to detail, feel free to post.
edit on 8/27/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm sorry but you are still missing the point. It doesn't matter for this discussion what "I want". If you would like to provide detail for your view, why you hold your view and your position on the "government overreach"...THAT is what I am soliciting.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No you just don't like the answer. Don't tell me how to post in a thread please. You wanted to talk about bathroom usage again... I answered.

It really is gross and the most invasive imposition on peoples personal practices that has hit American society. It shows the base level peoples bigotry towards a minority group has come to.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I was not trying to tell you how to post, I was reaffirming the question. If that is the depth of your answer then thanks.

PS: And no...I didn't want to talk. Just to listen. I'm not sure why that is such a weird idea to so many.
edit on 8/27/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My only problem is when a 40 year old pedophile puts on a dress so he can hang out in the little girls room.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's a bathroom. A place where one goes for elimination of waste. Bathrooms should be unisex to begin with.

Laws are already in place to punish anyone acting in a manner that is inappropriate.

It's a place to poo and pee. I don't see an issue here.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
You're assuming your're in the majority.

Or that the majority even give a s#.

What do I care if a former female wants to use the urinal next to me?
I don't.

By the way, "majority rule" is not how it works in the United States.
You are a constitutional republic, not a democracy.

I have noticed in the US that while we are supposed to be a Constitutional Republic, this is highly flexible on the left. It is only that way when it supports what THEY want, and if it suddenly does not support what they want ... all of a sudden, America becomes some other thing. We start talking about majorities and the like or how wonderful the courts are for protecting rights and things like that.

So I am highly skeptical of anyone who talks about the constitutional and bathroom liberty in the same breath. To me it sounds like a suddenly convenient discovery to counter someone else.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

All I have to say on this subject is that before this became news, transgendered where already using public bathrooms, this is a non issue.

Fake outrage for people who have too much time on there hands.

Restrooms, maybe, but are you telling me that Mrs. Stillgotmyjunk was changing in the public changing rooms at the Y with your 5-year-old daughter and no one was batting an eye?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

In order for the people’s will to govern, a system of majority rule with respect to minority rights has been put into place.

We don't live under a government that respects majority rule with respect to minority rights. We live in a society that prefers equality over majority rule, when it comes to rights of minorities.

No, I don't think that's true.

We live in a society where some are pushing that idea that equality of outcome is prefereable to everything else, which means, of course, that no one can have liberty.

We were originally a society that was founded on maximal personal liberty.

The two ideas and cultures are actually anti-thetical. Liberty relies on equal treatment under the law, not equal outcome, and the idea that we can just use any bathroom we feel like using is an equal outcome idea where we are not held to the expectation of physical gender but are treated as if no one had one at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I identify as a monkey.
I piss and fling poo from the trees.
Don't judge me.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I identify as a monkey.
I piss and fling poo from the trees.
Don't judge me.

Well, pup-play is a thing now. I haven't heard that they've demanded access to public hydrants for marking, but I'm sure you could start monk-play and demand the right to wear nothing but an adult diaper with a tail as part of your trans-specie identity. It might be hard to fling the poo that comes out of it though.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

All I have to say on this subject is that before this became news, transgendered where already using public bathrooms, this is a non issue.

Fake outrage for people who have too much time on there hands.

Restrooms, maybe, but are you telling me that Mrs. Stillgotmyjunk was changing in the public changing rooms at the Y with your 5-year-old daughter and no one was batting an eye?

You are the only one who mentioned a changing room. The topic is restrooms. Personally, my opinions on the topic varies greatly depending on whether we are talking about restrooms or whether we are talking about changing rooms.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hahahahaha.

This is my thought on the whole toilet situation.

I # in women's restrooms. I am a male. I don't identify as a woman. I don't dress like one. I don't look like one.

But every time I see a women's restroom that has a door that can be locked? Which most of the time they are in the style of unisex restrooms. I will walk in. Shut the door. Lock it. Do my business. Exit. And boom. What is the #ing problem?

I take shots in the women's restroom at my job all of the time because 80% of the time women never enter that restroom. So I use it. And it is always cleaner than the men's room.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Generally, changing rooms have restrooms in them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join