It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Which does what to diminish the fact people waving that flag came to help you? Does what to diminish Pearl Harbor and the US fight in the Pacific?

When was the last time you Brits "faced a existential threat that threatens your country’s existence and you all have to pull together or die? "

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The flag and the anthem are the core of the principles of this country, and if Colin finds them to be symbols of oppression then quite frankly he should find a new residence.

Agreed with you up to this. Working towards what one believes is better for the country not only have the rights to do so but have an obligation to do so. I just think that this is self serving. He's had a damn good life with his white folks. His popularity is sucking now and he's just doing this for news bits imo. And I'm a 30+ year Niners fan.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Freedom means he can honour (or not) in what ever way he so choices.

Maybe if you dont like it you should go live in a country that forces by law pledges to flags and anthems?

And no the core princinple of your countrys is not a flag or a song.

Its that little thing called the Constitution.....you know the one your polictians are #ting on every day.

Maybe if you spent more time worrying over that and less over who sings what songs then your country wouldnt be going down the crapper.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Freedom means he can honour (or not) in what ever way he so choices.

Yes, he has the freedom to spit on the sacrifices of our ancestors. And I have the freedom to find him a worthless pig for doing so.

Maybe if you dont like it you should go live in a country that forces by law pledges to flags and anthems?

And no the core princinple of your countrys is not a flag or a song.

Its that little thing called the Constitution.....you know the one your polictians are #ting on every day.

Maybe if you spent more time worrying over that and less over who sings what songs then your country wouldnt be going down the crapper.

I meant they were symbols. Symbols of freedom. Symbols of sacrifice.

Maybe now you can show me where I said anyone should be forced to do anything?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I just think its a waste of time to hate someone over a silly thing like that.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Just because I find his behavior and attitude disgusting doesn't mean I hate him. I don't hate.

Lack of respect is a problem. What if people simply had respect .. police respected citizens .. citizens police. Blacks, whites, red, browns .. all respected each other ... crazy .. but maybe some of these problems would start going away.

Or we can choose Colin's route, and choose disrespect, and teach that instead.
edit on 27-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To quote Bugs Bunny..."I like this guy. He's silly."

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

/Yawn

This bull# AGAIN.

UK men (and Women) died in Equal numbers to Americans in that war and we were fighting it longer.

And that money and those wepons were never free. We paid for them.

I never said they were free. I said we provided them to you to help you while you were in dire need. I never said you folks did not fight and died alongside those Americans with their rag on a stick. However, the fact remains, those American's waving their flag on a stick provided support for your country when it needed it most. Yet, you feel the need to spit on them now.

How very "British" of you.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Just because I find his behavior and attitude disgusting doesn't mean I hate him. I don't hate.

Lack of respect is a problem. What if people simply had respect .. police respected citizens .. citizens police. Blacks, whites, red, browns .. all respected each other ... crazy .. but maybe some of these problems would start going away.

Or we can choose Colin's route, and choose disrespect, and teach that instead.

to be fair I cant really argue with that

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No I dont disrepect them.

We just do respect diffrently.

Instead of mindlessy worshiping a flag I instead learned all the US battles in world war two and the impact they had.

Far better honor in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I agree with him. If you can use "free speech" to justify shock jocks, offensive language & offensive art, it can also justify this.

I also can't help noticing the hypocrisy in some of his critics on this issue. People claim they believe in freedom & free speech, but apparently that only counts if we follow their unofficial rules. Ironically, that's neither freedom nor free speech.

Whatever happened to "I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"? (To be fair, I always thought that phrase was stupid. But it just shows that many who claim to believe it are actually lying.)

It's always been freedom to speak, not freedom from repercussions. I can defend your right to say it, while also thinking you're a scumbag pig.

Where did I say he can't have repercussions? Though the govt itself can't issue those repercussions because his actions are covered by free speech.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Merely pointing it out. He can say what he likes, I can not like it. He can still say it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Exactly! They say they love freedom, as long as we do exactly what they say. It's like they don't understand that freedom and obedience are opposites.

It reminds me of the old quote from Henry Ford where he said people could choose whatever color car they wanted, as long as they picked black.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No I dont disrepect them.

We just do respect diffrently.

Instead of mindlessy worshiping a flag I instead learned all the US battles in world war two and the impact they had.

Far better honor in my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying your position. However, many are not "mindlessly worshiping a flag", but respecting and honoring what it represents. For veterans and their families, it represents the sacrifices they have made and the blood spilled (that is the meaning of the red stripes BTW) for the freedom in which this "man" wallows in and makes his protest possible. Are there some that do mindlessly follow, yes, of course. But please do not lump all people that defend the flag as the latter...it is disrespectful to us all.

edit on 8/27/2016 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
He belongs on the bench anyway.
Just keeping his seat warm.

Maybe he can get some of his teammates to organize a protest and go on strike like they did at Mizzou?

Mmm, maybe not ... they might lose their jobs and his is none too secure anyways. He just needs to keep his name in the news.

Spit on this country while you can. As soon as they destroy it, you might remember what you used to have fondly. I doubt there is much room for pro sports in the brave new global world.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't see why he's bad mouthing America.

He "over throws" people every time he plays!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My god, he wont stand during the National Anthem? Well, obviously he's ISIS and should be deported...

Social pressure to perform overt displays of Patriotism are archaic and in direct opposition the freedoms implied.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I heard he converted to Islam recently, as in the last two months. No wonder he's anti-America now.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Less than a year ago, Colin was in the news for dropping the 'N-bomb' .
He was fined $11,000 which was reduced to $5,500 later and the NFL says that he didn't use a racial slur.... after the Player's Union stepped in.
But the man that he used 'inappropriate language' to said something different.

Now that Glazer’s report has been out there –- though denied by Kaepernick -– Houston confirmed that is what happened. “He was just saying inappropriate language,” Houston told the Tribune on Monday night at MetLife Stadium. He said Kaepernick cursed at him, including using the N-word. Asked if he was insulted, Houston said it's more a “cultural thing.” Houston reiterated that he incensed Kaepernick on the play by saying “nice pass” at the end of a Kyle Fuller interception.

bleacherreport.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join