It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The first protects his right to speak out against the state, that is the point.
That doesn't make someone anti American, it is your right as an American to do so.
Didn't know expressing your self was anti American.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nice straw man.

Expressing yourself does not make you anti-american.

Openly and proudly expressing anti-american sentiment makes you anti-american.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I ask again what was anti American?
He didn't say he hated all of America.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Funny we have Trump who openly talks about how horrible the nation is and that we need him to make it great again but Kap comes out says something against the nation and he needs to get out because he is an American hating commie...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

He did say a country that oppresses blacks...

www.nfl.com... 000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-protest-of-national-anthem
edit on 27-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And he just said he didn't want to show pride for it, that isn't being anti. That is saying it isn't representing what he believes. That is his opinion, I don't agree with full stop but I am not going to start this with us or against us nonsense.
We have enough of that going on with our elections.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Funny we have Trump who openly talks about how horrible the nation is and that we need him to make it great again but Kap comes out says something against the nation and he needs to get out because he is an American hating commie...

Awesome logical fallacy.

When did Trump disrespect the flag because America sucks? Trump attacks the actual problem (as he sees it), not a symbol of the country. If you think what this country is founded on sucks, leave. Otherwise pay respect to that.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

I have no dog in this fight. He can thrown a ball real good and make blanket statements that are not true. The whole country doesn't oppress anyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He should be worried about his place on the QB depth chart. This is a distraction he doesn't need.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Aww Americans with their Anthems and there rags on a stick.

You won’t know what true patriotism is until you face a existential threat that threatens your country’s existence and you all have to pull together or die.

Until that time (which I hope never comes for you) your just indulging in petty symbolism.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I seem to recall many Brits pissed at Obama for speaking during God Save the Queen. What's that again? Do you have anything to add about Kap or are just here to piss off the Americans? Don't answer. That was rhetorical.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Really when did that happen?

Most brits I know including me don’t even know the words to the anthem: D

Obviously wasn’t much of a controversy beyond a few outraged oldies that get outraged over anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

5 years ago. Now if there's nothing else to this can the topic continue?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

5 years ago. Now if there's nothing else to this can the topic continue?

What got you in a bad mood.

I made a valid point.

All this fuss is a storm in a tea cup.

so what someone didnt stand for a song?

USA has biggre problems than what some overpaid sportman does or does not do in a Anthem.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We expect people to show respect for the things our ancestors literally gave their life for.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Your ancetsors gave there lifes for FREEDOM not a song and a rag on a stick.

Its up to the people of the USA to use that freedom as they see fit.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
And I'm not getting his beef. His adoptive parents are white.... although they were probably Packers fans before he was drafted.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And what do you think is going on? It is commemorating that sacrifice. Honoring that sacrifice. A symbol of that sacrifice.

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.

The sacrifice that brought and kept Freedom is what Colin and his ilk demean. The flag and the anthem are the core of the principles of this country, and if Colin finds them to be symbols of oppression then quite frankly he should find a new residence.

Rather he should rally to the flag and anthem and fight for the principles people died for.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You won’t know what true patriotism is until you face a existential threat that threatens your country’s existence and you all have to pull together or die.

Until that time (which I hope never comes for you) your just indulging in petty symbolism.

Are you referring to the threat to the UK back in the late 1930's? The one where those Americans and the rags on a stick lent the UK a LOT of money, weapons, and many other forms of support to keep your country strong while you fought off the threat?

Yeah, that rag on a stick folks...what jerks the are. < massive eye roll >

SMH

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

/Yawn

This bull# AGAIN.

UK men (and Women) died in Equal numbers to Americans in that war and we were fighting it longer.

And that money and those wepons were never free. We paid for them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join