It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Sutherland warns of The Powers That Be

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

hmm yeah possibly. But you know I believe it's all crap anyways so it's all good with me

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

That's probably why he took the script then...it's a very thought-provoking, intelligent story that is eerily convergent with a very possible future for humanity if things don't drastically change. We're getting to the point already where everything is a form of entertainment...especially violence and suffering, as depicted in the story. It's like reality TV gone horribly awry...which is not far from the current situation.

I'm jealous that you got to chill with him, though. He is one of my favorite actors. He reminds me a lot of my father. He was a free thinker too.

You keep bashing the OP for reminding us of what is happening and then feel the need to tell us exactly what most of us already know. What is your point?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NoElection

Because it has become so obvious that coruption is very alive within the US govt. and not enough people among the US citizens do seem to care I pondered why it is not stopped.

I came to the conclusion that there are too many citizens.. If you have just three people they will decide among themselves and agree that something must be done. If you have threehundred million people most think someone else will solve that problem.

An other reason is of course that the ones with the ultimate authority are bought and payed for. There is nobody who can judge them.

Serious problem to solve.. I am afraid that a total reset, forced by an other nation will become the answer.

edit on 27/8/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The 'dark secret' was spoken by Sutherland. That is, TPTB run the country for their own special interests, NOT for the sake of democracy or justice or any such noble principle.

Yes, that can be expanded upon, but Sutherland gave the starting point. Voting is a joke because it does not in any way control how the government operates.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Donald Sutherland gave a great synopsis in the movie JFK. It was only a movie, yet it capsulized what many on here have said about why JFK was assassinated.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: charlyv

Wasn't zeitgeist proven to be wrong?

There were some rather wild conclusions in it, however many of the players and their involvement were real and showed that much of our history, especially in wartime, was manipulated to profit the power elite, rather than the security of our country and the well-being of it's citizens.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Yup. There is an awakening occurring right now. The wheat from the tares is in process!

The 'awakening' has been going on for at least 2 decades... let's get on with it a'ready

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
DJT is just as big of threat to the status quo.
No matter how this breaks, it will not be good.
The American people have had 60 years to take back control of this country.
And yet, they have done nothing.
What's going to happen will happen, and the outcome has already been predetermined.
Just enjoy your families and friends. Do the things you like to do and just live your life.

Hell, even the people that directly take part in a lot of these activities have no control of the over all outcome.
I remember many people in the field were instructed to do this or that because of this reason.
Only to find out later it was all Bravo Sierra and there was no way of going back or undoing what had been done in good faith.

Its been one giant Charlie Foxtrot since November 22, 1963

Buck

edit on 27-8-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Nice plug for Mockingjay, and it's always nice to listen to Donald Sutherland...his voice is right up there with Morgan Freeman. I prefer to read the books, personally...the movies just never seem to measure up. Now, were you planning to include a link to these "dark secrets" you alluded to...or were you just doing a quick movie promotion?

Get a grip he's clearly not promoting the movie.

Lol second thread today I see you pretending to be a moderator. Looking for a promotion?

This clip gives me a new found respect for Mr Sutherland. To be honest I never really liked him, he always came off as creepy.

Sadly it takes celebrities to open the minds of some people, if the cashier at the corner store were to deliver the exact same message most people would shrug it off as crazy conspiracy talk.

edit on 27-8-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 27-8-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sutherlands played in all kinds of apocalyptic and dystopian movies: Puppet Masters, Body Snatchers, JFK, and all these Hunger games flicks and some others.

He's one of the great actors of our time

Though I cant even get through any of these Hunger game movies.

I've seen too much of it, all one has to do is turn on the TV and you got the hunger games for real

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Once you are awake what do you do with the knowing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join