It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painful experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I had a lunch with a fellow student, she asked;" Do you think a painful experience can change our way? " I wanted to say;" yes " But i really didnt know. Maybe its not the experience that teaches the lesson, maybe its guilt? So i said to her;;" We all make decision in life. Decisions we have to life with, good and bad. If the experience inflicts guilt, is it not remorse that changes you, would you change if you step out of your cultural dogma ? Your intention is still the same, is it not? You weigh the consequences, the reward and the punishment "

She looked at me and said ;" In the bible it says."" Repent, then, and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped away. Produce fruit in keeping with repentance... ""

I said with an angry eye;" Repent is a way of life, if someone else does something in anyone elses name, its just them. They just think the reward is better than the consequence "

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I had a kidney stone when i was 19, it was more painful than anything i could have imagined. Since then, I have most certainly "changed my ways", I now drink lots of cranberry juice.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I had a lunch with a fellow student, she asked;" Do you think a painful experience can change our way? " I wanted to say;" yes " But i really didnt know. Maybe its not the experience that teaches the lesson, maybe its guilt? So i said to her;;" We all make decision in life. Decisions we have to life with, good and bad. If the experience inflicts guilt, is it not remorse that changes you, would you change if you step out of your cultural dogma ? Your intention is still the same, is it not? You weigh the consequences, the reward and the punishment "

The overbearing 'guilt' is the punishment.

Sometime ago I read that one needs to forgive ones self, when the only person

who has been hurt is ones self.

I have found that to be useful both to my self and others that suffered from guilt.

It is mostly 'good' people who suffer guilt because the 'bad' rarely have

any conscience to be hurt by.

join