It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Claims Government 'Science' Overrides Medical Freedom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: amazing

We do know. We know that hundreds of millions of children have received vaccines and lived to tell about it. We know hundreds of millions of elderly people who got polio vaccines in line at school (no choice in the matter) and didn't get polio.
We are hundreds of millions of people who got shots as babies or kids and have lived well into our middle-age and older.....

We know that vaccinations DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

Maybe we should say to those parents who don't want to vaccinate --- okay, and no car seat for you, either. No ambulance service, no health insurance, no public school, no admittance to any public venue........

because YOUR KIDS ARE A DANGER TO SOCIETY.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not an anti vac guy but I do have questions. I've seen this study before and a few other ones..

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That say there could be a possible link in some cases. At the very least it invites more study and research.

This is the types of discussions we should have without jumping off the deep end and telling me you don't want to share a seat next to me. LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Having another "episode" today are we?

This webpage provides information on how to file a vaccine injury claim, links and resources on vaccine injury compensation to aid those who believe that they have suffered a vaccine injury and to raise awareness of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.

NVIC's co-founders worked with Congress on the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, which acknowledged that vaccine injuries and deaths are real and that the vaccine injured and their families should be financially supported and that vaccine safety protections were needed in the mass vaccination system.

The law preserved the right for vaccine injured persons to bring a lawsuit in the court system if federal compensation is denied or is not sufficient. By 2010, the U.S. Court of Claims had awarded nearly $3 billion dollars to vaccine victims for their catastrophic vaccine injuries, although two out of three applicants have been denied compensation.

Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Once you give the government the authority to mandate what your child should get, then you have given up all rights to determine.

You are just trusting that the government is never wrong.

Since you want government to mandate this, then you must have complete trust that the government is never wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

We found that measles-IgG and HHV-6-IgG titers were moderately higher in autistic children but they did not significantly differ from normal controls. Moreover, we found that a vast majority of virus serology-positive autistic sera was also positive for brain autoantibody: (i) 90% of measles-IgG-positive autistic sera was also positive for anti-MBP; (ii) 73% of measles-IgG-positive autistic sera was also positive for anti-NAFP; (iii) 84% of HHV-6-IgG-positive autistic sera was also positive for anti-MBP; and (iv) 72% of HHV-6-IgG-positive autistic sera was also positive for anti-NAFP. This study is the first to report an association between virus serology and brain autoantibody in autism; it supports the hypothesis that a virus-induced autoimmune response may play a causal role in autism.

The study says casual role. Not cause of. The study doesn't link autism to vaccines, it links them to viruses that are known to have properties that change IgG and HHV-6-IgG titers at statistically insignificant levels.

edit on 26 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That paper is from 1998, have you looked into it since?
Was anyone else able to replicate what was found in that study?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Old statistical outliers that are being misrepresented is where this conspiracy theory comes from.

Also not knowing how to read an abstract.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are just trusting that the government is never wrong.

I am trusting the science.
I am more than happy to say that the gov gets things wrong, happens all the time.
That doesn't make me think that everything they do is wrong, or everything they do is right.

Sounds like you are stuck in a black and white world in that regard.

Once you give the government the authority to mandate what your child should get, then you have given up all rights to determine.

You really don't, pretty big exaggeration.
There is still the choice not to get the vaccination, but your choices of where your kid can go to school and other things will be limited.
Fallacy after fallacy.
edit on thFri, 26 Aug 2016 19:45:23 -0500America/Chicago820162380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Also not knowing how to read an abstract.

Or even knowing what an "abstract" is....

let alone how to read it. Lots of big words. Long sentences. Factual summaries...you know. Not all people are equipped, and even fewer are educated well enough to do so.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.verywell.com...

Have fun reading this.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

"Episode"?
If you count being nauseated by the crap you all continue to post, then yes. And honestly - I've been working on my finesse for months now ----

learning to not give a rats ass about anyone else has been very difficult for me. It has been painful -- kind of like "losing faith in Religion" is for people who realize that religion is bullcrap....and finally have to face it.

My "episode" revolves around having cared inordinately about other people for MY WHOLE LIFE (which is longer than half a century now!) --- having been born a "carer", a "helper", and an empathetic, sensitive woman who loves to "learn". And being hurt in the process.

What I'm not good at?

Calculus
Physics
Boundaries.

BOUNDARIES -- as in, caring too much is out of bounds. So - this has been a difficult course for me - learning to truly not give a rip about anyone is hard!!!

Accepting that they are willfully ignorant, rabidly hateful, and like to spew nonsense....that has been hard, too!!!

ANy person who refuses to have their kid vaccinated is no better than a person whose kid has any disease or illness at all and DOESN'T TAKE THEM TO THE DOCTOR.

what the hell is wrong with you people??!!!!

Well, now I know.

C average...and all that.
Not an "episode" as much as an "epiphany"... and what a load off!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

Now I can just care about animals and the planet. Much more pleasant.
edit on 8/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If i knew how to add video ii would have posted that as well, nice.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Here you go. All the instructions you need to make well formatted posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Not listening to you. Please resume the "not going to reply" mode. Piss off. I have nothing to say to you ever again.

Nothing ever again...but you did, you added to the post, how does it work in there?

Please don't reply to me if that's your wish

And no, I don't think it's about the kids to you
I don't see you in India, Cambodia, Sudan territory complaining there

I think it's about you dictating at others what you want them to do for your sake, for you
I think it's about you demanding others submit to your will

I am not anti vaccine, in fact I am probably for it, but I certainly understand db Cowboys argument, I wholly and fully accept his right to decide for his children what he believes is best
I believe he has made a difficult decision based on love and the protection of his family.
I truly hope that in time, as his children grow older he will consider vaccination, vaccinating a child as opposed to a new born
I hope better vaccines are created, I hope that db's concerns can be tempered by these new vaccines
But I won't demand of anyone what they don't want to satisfy a government who think they know better, remember hitler, Stalin, Mao et al, they all knew better and had brain dead supporters who followed them to the graves they dug for themselves and others

You have no right to dictate what others do, if they make a decision based on their moral and conscience

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks!

On topic, i wish we were at a point where people trusted their doctors and got vaccinations thus leaving gov out of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You see though, I do have my children vaccinated.

But it is my choice.

I respect the right of the individual.

The "borg" here, only give a damn about the collective.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I want to clarify something about my position:

1. I am evidence based. I'm not perfect about it and sometimes tend to follow my preconceived notions. But for the majority of issues I defer to the evidence, not misrepresentations, and certainly not outright lies made by discredited morons and celebrities.

2. Gary Johnson is NOT a Libertarian and neither is Bill Weld. Both of those men are highly confused, I think, about what it means to be a libertarian.

3. Communicable diseases are an existential threat to humanity and many of the diseases we have vaccines for today have either crippled or killed millions throughout our history. Only in the last century have we managed to find a suitable control for defending ourselves from these diseases.

4. It's super easy to look around at our relatively healthy society today and say "what's the big deal?". The dead have no voice other than the warning their rotting corpses leave to future generations. I choose to heed that warning. Ignore it at your peril, but don't expect the majority of society to allow you to put the most vulnerable in danger.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

"Episode"?
If you count being nauseated by the crap you all continue to post, then yes. And honestly - I've been working on my finesse for months now ----

learning to not give a rats ass about anyone else has been very difficult for me. It has been painful -- kind of like "losing faith in Religion" is for people who realize that religion is bullcrap....and finally have to face it.

My "episode" revolves around having cared inordinately about other people for MY WHOLE LIFE (which is longer than half a century now!) --- having been born a "carer", a "helper", and an empathetic, sensitive woman who loves to "learn". And being hurt in the process.

What I'm not good at?

Calculus
Physics
Boundaries.

BOUNDARIES -- as in, caring too much is out of bounds. So - this has been a difficult course for me - learning to truly not give a rip about anyone is hard!!!

Accepting that they are willfully ignorant, rabidly hateful, and like to spew nonsense....that has been hard, too!!!

ANy person who refuses to have their kid vaccinated is no better than a person whose kid has any disease or illness at all and DOESN'T TAKE THEM TO THE DOCTOR.

what the hell is wrong with you people??!!!!

Well, now I know.

C average...and all that.
Not an "episode" as much as an "epiphany"... and what a load off!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

Now I can just care about animals and the planet. Much more pleasant.

You dictate at others to follow your own will and claim you care
You care so much you want to press others into your way of thinking

Caring buzz, caring is when others choose a different course and you go back and help them out when they get it wrong
Caring isn't wishing plagues to thin populations
Caring isn't hating religious people because they think different, caring is when you help people in spite of themselves or their situation

Caring is helping people who think different, you never cared.
You just think that caring is imposing your thought on others, you think caring is demanding others do what you tell them.
You think that caring is ranting someone into doing what you think is the right thing for you

You never cared and you havnt stopped "your version of caring" because you are still imposing your will on others

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You see though, I do have my children vaccinated.

But it is my choice.

I respect the right of the individual.

The "borg" here, only give a damn about the collective.

My apologies, I assumed
I to,respect the right of the individual
It is something I thought long and hard about

My children are vaccinated as well, little latter than when they were infants though

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No problem. I appreciate your reasoned posts.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No problem. I appreciate your reasoned posts.

Well some here don't...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join