It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Claims Government 'Science' Overrides Medical Freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Love a good ole' fashioned anti vaxx/pro disease thread.

Not directing this at you, but I just wish we could have a discussion on the dangers of some stuff in some vaccines without it turning into an anti or pro vacc discussion or pro disease discussion. Like, why can't we not have mercury in vaccines...does that one vaccine actually have some corrolation to some cases of autism and are all vaccines effective or are some really effective and some we just don't know? You know...that kind of discussion without insulting each other.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Be pro vax.

I don't care.

But you and the government have to ####ing right to determine for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: amazing

Christ.

After reading some thoughts on here lately, I may just go drinking instead of voting.

Do both! LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your rights end where mine begin, I am sure a favorite of yours.

Guess our kids rights to not be exposed to diseases that we stomped out years ago are outweighed by y'alls personal choice.
Wonder what else we can apply that logic too..

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Who on earth would want to give you a vaccination to prolong your life?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

My issue is that parents should be the ones making the decision.

Not government dictating, mandating what people should do.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So my right to determine what is best for my children should be eliminated because government is always right and they are never wrong.

WTF?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So he agrees with the federal government 'science' listing marijuana as having no medical value?

Good to know.

I will be sure to inform my liberterain pro-legalazation buddies of his flip flop.
edit on 26-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

link   

We do know. We know that hundreds of millions of children have received vaccines and lived to tell about it. We know hundreds of millions of elderly people who got polio vaccines in line at school (no choice in the matter) and didn't get polio.
We are hundreds of millions of people who got shots as babies or kids and have lived well into our middle-age and older.....

We know that vaccinations DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

Maybe we should say to those parents who don't want to vaccinate --- okay, and no car seat for you, either. No ambulance service, no health insurance, no public school, no admittance to any public venue........

and no delousing - no soap at all - lice and crabs? Scabies and ringworm? Oh damn well!!!!

Here - how bout some "big-ass fries". Brought to you by Carl's Junior.
"Screw you, I'm eating."

Electrolytes. If they're good enough for plants, they're more than good enough for kids!!!

edit on 8/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I doubt he understands what you're talking about -- being those kids who are vulnerable and have compromised immune systems...and therefore are NOT ABLE to get the shot.

Screw them!

They can just die!! Screw all of everybody's kids except mine! Stupid public safety!!!!

How you see those children by what I understand you profess

Evolution, those children are weak, nature will allow them to die and not pass on their flawed genetic material
Those children are part of the over population problem, better they suffer and thin the numbers

Or
The other side of your argument
Won't someone think of f the children...

You confuse me buzz, I guess that is probably because you are confused yourself

Please stop and think things through, to a logical end, it's now past embarrassment, it's self deprecation by ignorance

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Not directing this at you, but I just wish we could have a discussion on the dangers of some stuff in some vaccines without it turning into an anti or pro vacc discussion or pro disease discussion.

Let me know when you come up with science that isn't just a statistical outlier and we'll talk.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

But yep - finally - you got what I was saying!!

I used to be all about "but what about the kids?"

And now - thanks in large part to you, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP about the kids of idiots. You are right. Nature's eugenics. I'm down.....

And that will be all. I'm not "confused" - I'm pissed and resigned to the fact that most of the people in this world are below average. "C" is average. It's the middle point. Half of all people have "D" and "F" level brains.

So, do I care about your kids? I'd say that caring for 35 years and still being ridiculed because I cared is enough to teach me not to bother.

So ---- oh wait - do I care about your kids?

NOPE. It hurts too much.

edit on 8/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

There was a story in the news the other day. A girl was drugged, raped and murdered on her 10th birthday by her mother and her mother's boyfriend. I suppose they shouldn't be charged or anything because it was her kid and her right to do whatever she wanted to her kid. She just self-determined what was best for her daughter.

But those 2 did something illegal right?

Horrible comparison.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Not so "libertarian" after all then, Gary?

Go back to your legal marijuana crusade. You'll win more votes that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Maybe we should say to those parents who don't want to vaccinate --- okay, and no car seat for you, either. No ambulance service, no health insurance, no public school, no admittance to any public venue........

Exactly. If you want to be part of the community with other people, you have to do what it takes to not be a danger to them. Otherwise, you don't get to be part of the community. Period.

link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Metallicus

Gary Johnson , Ross Perot with Brain Damage .

Probably from all the dope he's smoked

link   

WTF is right, I didn't say that!
Jebus H Christ on a skateboard!
Where did I say that the gov is never wrong?

Like seriously, either you refuse to actually read what I type or just want to create your own argument.
I don't want the gov to have to force you to do anything, I want people to look at the facts of the matter and the study after study done to show what vaccinations do and the danger if more and more people refuse to get them.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm proposing it shouldn't be illegal. After all, the kid is her property to do with as she pleases.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

We do know. We know that hundreds of millions of children have received vaccines and lived to tell about it. We know hundreds of millions of elderly people who got polio vaccines in line at school (no choice in the matter) and didn't get polio.
We are hundreds of millions of people who got shots as babies or kids and have lived well into our middle-age and older.....

We know that vaccinations DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

because YOUR KIDS ARE A DANGER TO SOCIETY.

But, but, but
What about thinning the heard

You know buzz, dictating, demanding, yelling at people doesn't win you any friends
Try a calm rational explanation, then
Accept people don't want to believe what you believe, you are not the worlds leader, you, them, you don't have a right to tell others what to do

the funny thing, you will blow a poopa valve yelling, ranting, dictating at people and you won't persuade a single person anything, probably only that you are socialy awkward
You can't change anything outside of yourself, let it go

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join