It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Claims Government 'Science' Overrides Medical Freedom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What the hell are you talking about?

I am healthy, and my children are healthy. I look after my health. I am protected against idiocy AND polio. If other people choose not to look after their childrens' health - am I supposed to try to stop them? They will continue to do stupid and irresponsible things, and apparently it's a stupid and irresponsible thing for me to try to educate them and stop them allowing their children to be vulnerable to plagues......

many things that parents do or don't do are stupid and irresponsible. Or allow or don't allow.

What's it to me? I have a new answer for you. I don't give a crap! I do declare right here and now, publicly, that ATS has cured me of the awfulness of feeling empathy, compassion, and justice!! You all have fixed my problem!! Well done!!!!

Yep. Wear down all those liberal, lily-livered, cotton-headed ninnimuggins, those eggheaded bleeding hearts, those pacifists and people who are okay with sharing, those ridiculous educated people who think that science is pretty darned important, and that we should take care of the planet!!!

Wear us down, so we stop caring. But, see, we won't stop caring about EVERYTHING. But you know what we will stop caring about? And you know what I just stopped caring about?

Meh. What's it to you.

edit on 8/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Gun point? When and where did he say this? Is there video? I don't trust natural news at all and I can't understand why a guy who wants less gov't would support this.

Needs more sources.
edit on 26-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't smoke. Science overrides medical freedom.
Don't use salt. Science overrides medical freedom.
Don't drink sodas. Science overrides medical freedom.
Don't eat meat. Science overrides medical freedom.

I am so sick and tired of having assholes in government taking away my freedoms and telling me what to do!

All of those things only affect you...well most of them anyway, you could argue second hand smoke.

But hey, that never gets in the way of a half truth!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I understand that individual freedoms disgust you and others here.

But there are still a few of us that enjoy them.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you are immunized you are protected, what is it to you

Not so cut and dry, those that carry it also allow it to mutate which then can get around the protections we have.
Also, there are people that would get the vaccinations if they could, but can't, those are the ones that get screwed.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wasn't what I said at all, but of course lets never have reasonable discussion.

Everything you listed you can do to your hearts content, I couldn't care less.
But they have nothing in common with vaccinations.
As in you doing them, or not, doesn't affect others. Going un-vaccinated does in fact affect others.
That was my point, but hey twist away!

edit on thFri, 26 Aug 2016 18:56:42 -0500America/Chicago820164280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So individual freedoms stop at vaccinations.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If you want to have your kid in with the rest of public yeah. I know how scary!
You don't have the individual freedom to bring back polio.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you all could come up with better reasons then people might listen to you, but you all just sound like a bunch of kids just saying no because your parents are saying you need to.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

If you want to have your kid in with the rest of public yeah. I know how scary!
You don't have the individual freedom to bring back polio.

If YOUR kid is vaccinated, then you don't have to worry. Isn't that what vaccinations are for?

But you and the others don't stop at your kids. You want to parent mine.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
If you all could come up with better reasons then people might listen to you, but you all just sound like a bunch of kids just saying no because your parents are saying you need to.

Government is not my god damned parent.

It might be yours, but it sure as hell isn't mine.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes that fundamentally flawed argument. That is the issue here, you all hold on to that like it is fact when it isn't true.
shotofprevention.com...
www.harpocratesspeaks.com...

Also what about the kids that want them but can't get them?
Guess they are SOL because you don't care?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Maybe we can go like 1 post without you putting words in my mouth, I won't hold my breath though.

Can you just go by what I type and not what you imagine I really mean?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I doubt he understands what you're talking about -- being those kids who are vulnerable and have compromised immune systems...and therefore are NOT ABLE to get the shot.

Screw them!

They can just die!! Screw all of everybody's kids except mine! Stupid public safety!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

What the hell are you talking about?

I am healthy, and my children are healthy. I look after my health. I am protected against idiocy AND polio. If other people choose not to look after their childrens' health - am I supposed to try to stop them? They will continue to do stupid and irresponsible things, and apparently it's a stupid and irresponsible thing for me to try to educate them and stop them allowing their children to be vulnerable to plagues......

many things that parents do or don't do are stupid and irresponsible. Or allow or don't allow.

What's it to me? I have a new answer for you. I don't give a crap! I do declare right here and now, publicly, that ATS has cured me of the awfulness of feeling empathy, compassion, and justice!! You all have fixed my problem!! Well done!!!!

Yep. Wear down all those liberal, lily-livered, cotton-headed ninnimuggins, those eggheaded bleeding hearts, those pacifists and people who are okay with sharing, those ridiculous educated people who think that science is pretty darned important, and that we should take care of the planet!!!

Wear us down, so we stop caring.

And you know what I just stopped caring about?
Meh. What's it to you.

I was going to reply to this post but I won't
I hope your words don't drown you

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No. Just no.

Don't know what else to say to you.

I'm sorry. I can't kiss government ass and kneel to them like you can.

I will self determine. I will also determine what is best for my family. Not some dictatorship-loving slave who obeys every pathetic dictate from government.

We will never agree, you are too entrenched into obeying what government tells you.

We have no common ground.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Love a good ole' fashioned anti vaxx/pro disease thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nope to Hillary.
Nope to Stein.
Nope to Johnson.

Looks like I'm voting for Trump.

Despite this he's still better than Hillary and Trump...and Stein is also better than Trump and Hillary. The constitution guy worries me, and I forget his name, but the thing with him is he believes everything he says and thinks he's doing the right thing...so he's still better than Hillary or Trump.

I'm not picking on you per say...It's just that your list just popped out at me on this thread. Sorry mate.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I can't kiss government ass and kneel to them like you can.

So since I am pro vax I must be a government boot licker?

Ok, so you don't want to have a serious conversation you just want to to turn to ad homs and twisting what I said. Color me shocked...

I guess all scientific research is just the gov trying to me what to do, who knew?

Maybe that is why you don't know what to say, because I provided an actual response to what you said with some sources to back up what I am saying...

edit on thFri, 26 Aug 2016 19:14:20 -0500America/Chicago820162080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Christ.

After reading some thoughts on here lately, I may just go drinking instead of voting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join