It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlabberGhast
a reply to: In4ormant

I don't see how it does anything to the issue. The issue is blatantly clear for a whole load of people who don't care about your contrived aguments.

6billion+ people on the planet and the Internet has allowed groups of folks to confirm their own beliefs.

con·trived
kənˈtrīvd/
adjective
created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic

Good word, bad placement.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I dont know anything about that movie (although I loved playing as Jaws in Goldeneye 64).

But I do know about a movie term known as "Goofs". Pretty much every movie ever has some listed in the Trivia section of their imdb page. Even some of these modern billion dollar box office flicks are loaded with them.

Here is the such page for this film:
www.imdb.com...

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

Hmmmmmmm......

So, although everyone remembers Dolly wearing braces, because I do, and in all fairness I remember it well because that's what she was meant to be wearing to align with Jaws and his metal teeth.

I don't know about the Mandela effect, but someone is screwing with us here.
edit on 26/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I dont know anything about that movie (although I loved playing as Jaws in Goldeneye 64).

But I do know about a movie term known as "Goofs". Pretty much every movie ever has some listed in the Trivia section of their imdb page. Even some of these modern billion dollar box office flicks are loaded with them.

www.imdb.com...

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

Hmmmmmmm......

So, although everyone remembers Dolly wearing braces, because I do, and in all fairness I remember it well because that's what she was meant to be wearing to align with Jaws and his metal teeth.

Because no other explanation fits?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

www.imdb.com...

Hmmmmmmm......

You know what, this is the first time I actually believe that we live in a manipulated world.

Sure we are manipulated by fellow humans, but the manipulation appears to go beyond that.

Man, this is weird, seriously. I am a James Bond fan and I have watched Moonraker many times. I distinctly remember Dolly having braces/retainer.
edit on 26/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

Hmmmmmmm......

You know what, this is the first time I actually believe that we live in a manipulated world.

Sure we are manipulated by fellow humans, but the manipulation appears to go beyond that.

Man, this weird, seriously. I am a James Bond fan and I have watched Moonraker many times. I distinctly remember Dolly having braces/retainer.

I remember it too. I watched the clips from an old vhs copy and the quality was bad. I think that, coupled with old TV resolution, is what gives me that memory.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You want to argue semantics?

~contrived;

having an unnatural or false appearance or quality

Your argument was presented as actually touching on the issue which it didn't at all. It was simply based on your made up notion of what such an effect would entail or the circumstances in which it would take place.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You want to argue semantics?

~contrived;

having an unnatural or false appearance or quality

Your argument was presented as actually touching on the issue which it didn't at all. It was simply based on your made up notion of what such an effect would entail or the circumstances in which it would take place.

ME is a contrived notion. This isn't difficult.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I remember it too. I watched the clips from an old vhs copy and the quality was bad. I think that, coupled with old TV resolution, is what gives me that memory.

So bad quality plus low resolution = braces?

Another contrived argument. You are only fooling yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If it was just a few people remembering it incorrectly then sure faulty memory

But when so many remember it so perfectly and so certainly it has to go beyond just faulty memory doesn't it ?

Small things sure, like the colour of her shoes or even type of shoes, I doubt many will remember or care

But the braces was a massive part of that scene

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

None are as ridiculous as low resolution making white teeth look like braces. Do you remember every actor in movies you watched back in the day, having braces?
edit on 26-8-2016 by FlabberGhast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

None as ridiculous as low resolution making white teeth look like braces. Do you remember every actor in movies you watched back in the day, having braces?

I'm not the type to try and show definitive proof of a physics defying anomaly based solely on my recollection of actors from movies almost 40yrs. old.

I'll let you sell that whale.

edit on 26-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

If it was just a few people remembering it incorrectly then sure faulty memory

But when so many remember it so perfectly and so certainly it has to go beyond just faulty memory doesn't it ?

Small things sure, like the colour of her shoes or even type of shoes, I doubt many will remember or care

But the braces was a massive part of that scene

Why do you think quantity equals quality here?
How many people do you think you can find that remeber things wrong taken from a sample size of 6 billion?

You could do this for virtually anything and get a group of people to affirm themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

He raises a valid point though, if going by your logic, why do people not remember other actors/actresses having braces in scenes they didn't have braces ?

Why is it only one single collective memory of only one movie where the actor/actress has braces ?

You could list me thousands of movies that I've seen and ask me if any of the key characters had braces and I'd probably get them all correct, but this one single film

Billions of people belive in a God with absolutely no tangible evidence apart from a book (which has also been supposedly mandela effected) to back up their belief and that is acceptable, why can it not be possible that timelines are being altered ?
edit on 26/8/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So bad quality plus low resolution = braces?

Another contrived argument. You are only fooling yourself.

Contaminated memory and poor recollection are just too easy. I get it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

He raises a valid point though, if going by your logic, why do people not remember other actors/actresses having braces in scenes they didn't have braces ?

Why is it only one single collective memory of only one movie where the actor/actress has braces ?

You could list me thousands of movies that I've seen and ask me if any of the key characters had braces and I'd probably get them all correct, but this one single film

I was giving 1 example as to why a person might remember wrong. Another might remember wrong for a different reason.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

Hmmmmmmm......

Man, this weird, seriously. I am a James Bond fan and I have watched Moonraker many times. I distinctly remember Dolly having braces/retainer.

You truly don't know much about films do you?

The whole point of Dolly having braces was in order to give her empathy for Jaws and Jaws empathy for Dolly.

There would be no point in the character otherwise.
edit on 26/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: I have an I-pad it has a will of its own.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Can you do anything else besides deflection and contrived arguments?

Keep fooling yourself.

Fooling myself of what?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

Hmmmmmmm......

You truly don't know much about films do you?

The whole point of Dolly having braces was in order to give her empathy for Jaws and Jaws empathy from Dolly.

There would be no point in the character otherwise.

That's the whole point in your rationale.
Or....it was just another big t$tty blonde in a Bond movie and it was IRONIC that a girl with perfect teeth would like a guy with a jacked up mouth.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I refered to the same commercial in my OP. So your point is that people remember her having braces bcause they actually saw braces in this commercial? Lol.

I never saw that commercial before yesterday.

You just said yourself you remembered seeing braces watching the movie, because of bad quality and low resolution, but now you are going to claim you were influenced by that commercial? Which is it?

I would say the commercial is refering to the movie, suggesting there were braces in the movie, which is why I posted it in my op.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join