It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under a Christmas Tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Under a Christmas Tree

Look at this
as would a child,
trees from a farm
now in the wild.

Not only that
but salmon too
from a hatchery
to somewhere new.

In a few years
a wonder to see
salmon spawning
under a Christmas tree.

-----------------
I wrote this poem for a work associate some years ago after she told me that her property had been selected to benefit from the Salmon Habitat Recovery program.
edit on 26-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Awesome!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thank you.

I wanted to put a picture in but couldn't find one that was public domain.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It wouldn't be a very far stretch to apply this song to trees in the wild and salmon being called home.

Really, it's just my favorite song of the week.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
pthena, thank you for the link to this lovely little poem! It's simple and sweet, the pure voice of an innocent.
The contrast between the voice and the more ominous theme is excellent as well.

I'm not exactly up to speed on the state of wild salmon right now.. but last I heard it was not so good. I did have an amazing experience in Hope Alaska, where I stumbled across a spawning site. I was in awe at finding the whole circle of life right there in that spot.

Thanks again

Hope to hear some more of your poetry sometime.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

My son (3 and a half) started responding to this song while I played it yesterday.. "I want to chase the sky.. how do I do that?"

I told him he could find a boat and have an amazing adventure.. when he gets older, of course--way way older
edit on 26-8-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I'm not exactly up to speed on the state of wild salmon right now.. but last I heard it was not so good.

I live in Washington, it seems to be still quite a project in conjunction with the tribes. Something like 54 hatcheries involved.

Hope to hear some more of your poetry sometime.
"I want to chase the sky.. how do I do that?"

Another poem:
Speaking to the Wind
Maybe a start toward chasing the sky.

But I'm thinking of another theme for the Religion & Theology subforum which may touch the idea somewhat.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hi Pthena!
Well, this time when I read this poem, it was so hopeful! (I read my own thoughts into it last time..how our interference with nature has been so destructive, rather than constructive) but this poem is both hopeful for the future and done in such a whimsical way!!
Love it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Sam Taeguk

There is a related symbol called the Sam Taegeuk; instead of being divided into two pieces, it's divided into three (recall that sam means three in the sino-Korean numbering system). This symbol has a completely different meaning than the two-piece Taegeuk. The Sam Taegeuk represents the Heavens, the Earth, and Man -- the three sources of all change in the universe.
Taekwondo Symbolism

top topics

join