It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osculation..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Kissing

But not just any kiss...the perfect kiss..one that comes from the very depth of you, comes from your soul. Passion and purity of the heart combined into one simple moment that creates an emotional explosion in the hearts and minds of two people..each knowing that there can be no other that could make them feel this way..The kiss of true love..The very first kiss that two couples share to acknowledge their feelings for one another...

So, I went in search of some science behind it..some facts and figures to back all that up.. because, it is such a pivotal moment in a relationship, I wanted to understand it as much as I could. And here's what I found out..

During kissing, couples exchange an average of 9 mL of water, 0.7 mg of protein, 0.18 mg of organic compounds, 0.71 mg of different fats, and 0.45 mg of sodium chloride. As many as 10 million to 1 billion bacteria representing 278 different species may be exchanged during an active kiss, with 95% of these organisms classified as nonpathogenic for individuals who are immunologically competent.more

The very act of osculation engages all the other senses: sight, hearing, smell and taste. You are literally in someone’s face so you can really get a good sampling of their scent (both of them and their breath). Did you know we have musk glands under our eyes? We are animals after all and it seems as though smell can help us judge the compatibility of the potential mates’ DNA.

Dopamine, the pleasure hormone, is released in the prefrontal cortex making us crave more. It affects the brain in the same way as addictive drugs or sugar. Dopamine is why, in the early blissful stages of a relationship, we’re totally preoccupied with thoughts of that other person, sometimes even losing sleep or our appetite.

There is a higher concentration of nerve endings in the lips compared to any other part of the body. Kissing involves five of our 12 cranial nerves and when the nerves in the lips are stimulated they send an amazing amount of stimulation to the brain. Consequently, the brain’s somatosensory cortex is more stimulated by the lips than by any other organ

the release of epinephrine and norepinephrine, our blood vessels and pupils dilate. In fact, the effect of our pupils’ dilating has been theorized as a reason we close our eyes when we kiss. Adrenaline makes our hearts race and we get more oxygen to our brain. It may be why we sometimes get that ‘weak in the knees’ feeling.

If you’re lucky enough to find yourself in a deep passionate kiss, you get a rush of serotonin. That’s when you really start to think about that person constantly. Researchers have found that the serotonin levels of individuals newly in the throes of a budding, passionate romance look a lot like those of people suffering from Obsessive-compulsive disorder! more

So, there is a science to it. A true reason why we need to press our lips to another's...to see if we are suitable companions. But no matter how scientific the reason for it is..there is nothing quite like the first kiss of two people in love.

I didn't find the main thing that I was searching for though..the perfect kiss equation. The mathematical calculation that would make every first kiss you had with another the best it could be, scientifically..the e=mc2 equivalent for the lovers world. I searched the web..found nothing really..except for this:

Maybe there isn't one after all..no way to ensure that first kiss will be the most meaningful..no equation that you can use to make it perfect and calm your fears, give you confidence. I guess maybe it is just one of those things that is and always will be instinctual...

But I am still looking for it, lol..the perfect kiss equation..anyone wanna take a crack at it? Can be numbers, can be words..can be pictures..whatever that perfect kiss means to you..

Thanks for reading,
blend57

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57
Sounds like a pretty good way to catch cooties.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Reminded me of my first kiss... thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I must have scared everyone off, they are afraid they will catch cooties.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I will let you know the second it happens!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Since the invention of the kiss,
there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure.
This one left them all behind

William Goldman - The Princess Bride.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Love that movie..I think all hopeless romantics do though..gonna have to watch it again now..lol

butcherguy
Real possibility of catching "cooties" .. if you read further, there is a ton of potential for transmitting disease along with the other stuff in the first link..But, true love is worth the risk..no?

intrptr

Must have been a special one..one of the articles I read said we are more likely to remember our first kiss than any other..maybe because it is the first time all those chemicals mix in that way..the dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine, all those things coming together to tell you that you're in love..or maybe she/he was just that special.

Whatever the case..I'm glad you remembered ..

Thanks for the comments and thoughts (even the cootie one)
blend57

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Real possibility of catching "cooties" .. if you read further, there is a ton of potential for transmitting disease along with the other stuff in the first link..But, true love is worth the risk..no?

I do not fear the cooties.
I already have them.
17th generation incurable.

No, it is the mental aspect that will keep me from any more lovey-dovey kissing. I don't feel like ever going through that again.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
butcherguy

Sorry to hear that.. hopefully some day that will change for you..if not, your choice is your choice and I can respect that..

blend57

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
butcherguy

Sorry to hear that.. hopefully some day that will change for you..if not, your choice is your choice and I can respect that..

blend57

It is no great loss.
Better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all... or whatever.

I have four children out of two marriages, so it is not a loss at all, it is a big WIN.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the mathematical formula for an average "perfect kiss" would involve all sorts of calculations for various movements in a 3d realm that play off of the hormones and neauroreceptors in an average healthy person. the complexity would astound, and could tend to lock up a supercomputer to calculate.

worse still: how do you relay that information to a human, with them being able to execute with enough precision to maintains its exceptionalism?

After 20 years of marriage (a little over, actually), the wife and I still make each other see stars and feel butterflies. The deal is: you have to have at least 100 forgettable kisses to have that magical one. The stars align, as do your mouths, and it periodically is magical again. To do this frequently, we have to make out a lot. Taking one for the team and trying to up our average.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
French women are supposed to say "A kiss without a moustache is like an egg without salt".
Or is that "a kiss without a beard"?
That is the kind of question which needs to be sorted out urgently, so that young men know how much hair to grow.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
DISRAELI

That is important..needs to be addressed urgently , I agree..deep thoughts.

bigfatfurrytexan

I bet you the borg could figure it out..and no I am not mentioning that because I am currently watching the borg documentary..or am I?

Thanks for the input and taking one for the advancement of science..sounds like it is really hard one you (sarcasm)

lol..

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 26-8-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The science behind the first kiss with a special lady, I always tell them there is only one first kiss, always an awesome moment.

new topics

top topics

join