It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Spiderman (70's TV series pilot)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have something for you! I was searching YouTube today and found the pilot episode for The Amazing Spiderman.

Episode description:

When an extortionist threatens to force a multi-suicide unless a huge ransom is paid, only Peter Parker can stop him with his new powers as Spider-Man.

Gaze in wild wonder as Spiderman crawls up buildings (and laugh at the blue screen effects lol). Marvel at the "high tech" computers of the 1970's. Bring some crackers because there is plenty of cheese with this one. Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I remember watching this show on vhs

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is awesome, I remember this being on tv as re runs when I was a kid. It is so obvious he crawls on the floor and they try to make it look like he is crawling up a wall hahaha this is great.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
It came out when I was 4. I remember watching it on TV.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I noticed that. If you look close it looks like he's on a flat, smooth surface; even when he' crawling over windows. I dig the funky music and bell bottoms, too.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Is it just me, or did it seem like to anyone else that the entire intro was of Spiderman showing off how useful his powers are for a peeping tom?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89
It's not just you. During the show he seems to peep in a lot of windows.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
55:00 he jumped down like 7-8 ft. Shaking hands with danger right there.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My favorite part? When he jumps off the roof towards the end of the show. Spiderman's web line is destroyed and he falls to the ground, and starting just after 1:15:12, we get to see SM's view of the action, in first person, as he grabs a gargoyle to break his fall.

That alone made it worth the watch, haha. Très avant-gardiste for the time, it seems to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode
That's heart pounding action.

a reply to: NowanKenubi
All this was before Gopro cameras, too.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Great superhero is spiderman

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoElection
Yes he is. It's funny. I don't like spiders but I like Spiderman.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I admit I was surprised at the scene, and it didn't look bad at all, though just a bit too slow... haha.

Oh, it was nice to see Spidey in a Spidey costume too, not that modern design they try to impose in every of his incarnations on the silver screen now.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I always liked that costume. It has more of a home made look to it, like what you'd expect somebody who put together his own suit would have.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Peter Parker IS a low income student.... In the comics, he has trouble paying his rent... A high tech costume, not likely...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That's true. He's not like a lot of the other super heroes who are basically millionaires. A high tech suit would have been wrong.

new topics

top topics

join